Jimmy Cinnabon

Biggest threat to Nickal?

2 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Heck, I had no idea he was coaching at PSU at all. I thought he was traveling the world,  kicking the crap out of furriners!

Yep Bo is getting his hands on Cassar, Varner and Taylor. He knows where he stands and because he does not want to wrestle his #1 training partner he will go 203 at least for this year. 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:37 AM, PRyan2012 said:

Bo wrestlers with two guys that can go out there right now and beat Cox in Taylor and Varner. He knows where he stands I bet. 

Taylor beat Cox?  Were these the same type of matches where Taylor beat Dake for 5-years it so?  

I really like Taylor.  I have always been a fan and am very happy he got his world gold.  But J'den vacated the weight.  Taylor didn't beat him.  J'den is a world class wrestler at this point.  3 medals.  You don't fluke into a world medal 3 times.  There will be no changing of the guard from from 74kg and up this year for USA.  

Taylor does have a win over cox, but he also has 2 losses. He's also 0-x against Burroughs and dake. He is a hammer but he got his world spot (and subsequent gold medal) due to attrition. He is penn state's logan stieber at this point (and I am a huge stieber fan)

On 2/9/2019 at 2:08 PM, HoonMasta said:

It was Kyle Conel before he got injured... usually people with a high motor and with more strength than Nickal post the biggest threats. Look at MyMar, Dean

Heard Cornel will be at PSU next season. 

All this talk should make us pan back and realize how good things are right now for USA wrestling. Coz is a 3x world medalist and the returning world champ having beat some very formidable competition to get there. Just the fact we are discussing and debating whether Bo can beat Cox shows how good we have it.

My 2c: the torch always gets passed. Many of our superstars got there by taking out our superstars: Schultz over Kemp, Monday over Schultz. Snyder over Varner. Can Bo do it? Hell yeah. Will he? We shall see.

A seriously interesting thing is who takes freestyle seriously during college and who doesn’t. Hard to tell. For example, both Nolf and Bo showed up at the Jr World Team trials. Nolf lost to Hall and Bo lost to Zahid. Nolf lost to Hall when Halll was on high school. My impression was then and is now that Nolf and Bo showed up but didn’t exactly devote themselves to making the team. Just an impression. Don’t ask me to justify it. However, I believ that if either Bo or Nolf decide to wrestle post college, they will do it with all they’ve got and ... watch out.