Jimmy Cinnabon

Biggest threat to Nickal?

This notion that these guys are unbeatable is crazy. Nickal had a close match this year. Only Cael has been what would be considered unbeatable, in his last 4 years of college wrestling. Nickal can lose, its just really really unlikely.

This notion that these guys are unbeatable is crazy. Nickal had a close match this year. Only Cael has been what would be considered unbeatable, in his last 4 years of college wrestling. Nickal can lose, its just really really unlikely.

They are unbeatable this year unless they get hurt.

Nolf hasn’t had a guy that could beat him since freshman year and until this year Bo always had the threat of MyMar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Molsen said:

They are finished training thru, so no more tired Bo.

1 hour ago, Molsen said:

This was a fake "close match."  Takedowns were 3 to 0 in the last 10 seconds.  Best thing Schultz did was not get ridden out to end a period. 

4 hours ago, treep2000 said:

After last night's throttling of my dear Buckeyes, I'm beginning to believe the notion that PSU's alumni may begin to overtake our World Team.  

To answer the direct question on this thread... no one is threat now at the NCAA's to Bo.  He's now transcended collegiate, and needs to focus on 92kg.  

It is clearly within the realm of possibility that: 

65kg - Zain

70kg - Nolf

74kg - Dake

79kg - Hall

86kg - Taylor

92kg - Nickal

with only 74kg being a non-PSU slot... but since Taylor & Dake are BFF's, it's "honorary".

That's insane.

There's really not much that IS NOT within the realm of possibility.  That phrase includes almost everything imaginable.  Anybody beating Cox domestically prior to 2020 is improbable, at best.

I'm not sure why so many people think 92kg is the weight Bo can break into. A lot of people seem to feel J'den is the week link between DT, Snyder, and himself.  I think he gets underestimated because of DT and Snyder. Even though he has as many NCAA titles as Snyder and more than DT. I think J'den only had 4-5 loses in college, maybe.  All coming his freshman and sophomore year.  He also never took a redshirt year if I'm not mistaking.  So if you took into account DT and Snyder's redshirt years they would have as many or more loses in college the first 4 years.  Again, J'den never redshirted.  He won it as a true freshman.  Also, only Snyder and JB have a better international resume than than J'den on the WT.  He has beat DT and he has beat Dake. Yet somehow people think he will be the best option for someone like Bo to pick off.  If Bo can't beat DT he isn't beating Cox either.  You can't throw a guy you slide off of. 

1 hour ago, scramble said:

I'm not sure why so many people think 92kg is the weight Bo can break into. A lot of people seem to feel J'den is the week link between DT, Snyder, and himself.  I think he gets underestimated because of DT and Snyder. Even though he has as many NCAA titles as Snyder and more than DT. I think J'den only had 4-5 loses in college, maybe.  All coming his freshman and sophomore year.  He also never took a redshirt year if I'm not mistaking.  So if you took into account DT and Snyder's redshirt years they would have as many or more loses in college the first 4 years.  Again, J'den never redshirted.  He won it as a true freshman.  Also, only Snyder and JB have a better international resume than than J'den on the WT.  He has beat DT and he has beat Dake. Yet somehow people think he will be the best option for someone like Bo to pick off.  If Bo can't beat DT he isn't beating Cox either.  You can't throw a guy you slide off of. 

Snyder didnt redshirt either.

10 hours ago, swoopdown said:

Beaker? Mep? I thought about posting Beaker and Desanto in the Separated at Birth thread but the hair color difference stopped me. Nothing else though.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

320x180-Q90_cb5408e7a7cd8557b119952fdb68bo-nickal-of-the-penn-state-nittany-lion

197 is the weakest weight class again and Bo is all world. His only close match really wasn't close and Nickal along with the entire team was burnt for that Wisky dual.  I would be shocked to see Bo lose this year.

Edited by Flying-Tiger

8 hours ago, scramble said:

Snyder never took a RS year - He spent his senior year of HS at the OTC then went to Ohio St and started as a true freshman.

Greater chance he pins his way through NCAAs than he loses.

We really need to learn to temper our expectations a bit though. Dominance in the NCAAs doesn’t typically translate into (immediate) senior-level success. And the idea that there is only “maybe a Russian or two” that could compete with him is preposterous. 

10 hours ago, scramble said:

To me, its more about training partners and teammates agreeing to "allow" or "support" each other by not all funneling into the same weight class.  Would 86kg be a good fit for Nickal?  I think so.  But I also think that there is "professional courtesy" where DT and Nickal hash out pros and cons and come up with the "what if" scenarios like Taylor at 86kg and Nickal at 92kg.  Same goes for the Mold, Joseph, Hall trio. 

2 hours ago, ThorsteinV said:

Greater chance he pins his way through NCAAs than he loses.

We really need to learn to temper our expectations a bit though. Dominance in the NCAAs doesn’t typically translate into (immediate) senior-level success. And the idea that there is only “maybe a Russian or two” that could compete with him is preposterous. 

My comments were just to get that guy to start thinking of Senior Level instead of College level wrestlers. Not to be taken literally. 

On 2/9/2019 at 11:26 AM, pish6969 said:

What do you mean? Brucki will crush Bo. You see the domination he showed in that 3-2 win vs Correnti from Rutgers?

I think these are the types of dopey answers Cinnabon wants to his daily dopey questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest jerk in the board strikes again. 

5 hours ago, Flying-Tiger said:

197 is the weakest weight class again and Bo is all world. His only close match really wasn't close and Nickal along with the entire team was burnt for that Wisky dual.  I would be shocked to see Bo lose this year.

Really?  By the end of the match with Schultz, Bo looked like he would rather be anywhere else than in there with him.