Jump to content
BigTenFanboy

RBY Nick Lee rankings

Recommended Posts

After the big wins/upsets these two pulled off where do they get ranked?


Lee has a good case for #2. But who knows. He has the one bad loss to Moran.

McKenna only has the one loss
Eirman has 3 losses to Yianni, McKenna, Alber
Carr has 2 losses to Eirman



As far as RBY I’m sure he’ll move up a few spots. Maybe 10-12 range. The loss to Thornton hurts. Even though RBY was injured in that match, that don’t matter to the rankers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally I was thinking Eierman, but I thought he only had 2 losses, not 3.  Guess I'd move Lee up to # 2.  (Serves me right for going off memory before looking at the rankings.)


Lee still has Carr which will be a nice test. I’d put Lee 2. If he loses to Carr then McKenna goes back to 2, Eirman 3, Carr 4 and Lee 5


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Originally I was thinking Eierman, but I thought he only had 2 losses, not 3.  Guess I'd move Lee up to # 2.  (Serves me right for going off memory before looking at the rankings.)

I would be surprised if rankers put him ahead of McKenna.  Watching that match, McKenna was going so hard for the major to due to the Pletcher loss that he wrestled himself out of the 3rd period and, inevitably the match.  McKenna has a dominating win over Moran and lop sided wins over Eierman, Alber and Storr.  I don't see a gassed out 7-6 loss putting him behind Lee when they both wrestled Moran to distinctly different results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

 


Lee has a good case for #2. But who knows. He has the one bad loss to Moran.

McKenna only has the one loss
Eirman has 3 losses to Yianni, McKenna, Alber
Carr has 2 losses to Eirman



As far as RBY I’m sure he’ll move up a few spots. Maybe 10-12 range. The loss to Thornton hurts. Even though RBY was injured in that match, that don’t matter to the rankers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Good analysis.  I had put RBY a little higher, but as you point out, the Thornton loss hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10-12 looks a bit right for RBY.  If the wins by RBY or Lee were convincing, I would think they both get more movement.  But,  how RBY won(a win is still a win), I don't think he gained too much from that match and even Lee was distinctly outwrestled until McKenna hit a brick wall in the 3rd.

With that said, both should get a bump, but I would reserve that bump based on the matches themselves and not just the W.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MSU158 said:

I would be surprised if rankers put him ahead of McKenna.  Watching that match, McKenna was going so hard for the major to due to the Pletcher loss that he wrestled himself out of the 3rd period and, inevitably the match.  McKenna has a dominating win over Moran and lop sided wins over Eierman, Alber and Storr.  I don't see a gassed out 7-6 loss putting him behind Lee when they both wrestled Moran to distinctly different results.

I still think the rankers will go with Lee at # 2 since he won the head-to-head and they each have only one loss.  But they could conceivably leave McKenna at # 2.

As to your theory that McKenna gassed himself out going for the major, I think it was more the case that Lee wore him down with his own superior gas tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10-12 looks a bit right for RBY.  If the wins by RBY or Lee were convincing, I would think they both get more movement.  But,  how RBY won(a win is still a win), I don't think he gained too much from that match and even Lee was distinctly outwrestled until McKenna hit a brick wall in the 3rd.
With that said, both should get a bump, but I would reserve that bump based on the matches themselves and not just the W.


The issue is I’ve never seen a 2 lose to the 5 and neither moves. I can make the case for McKenna at 2 just like you did, but recency plays a part and you can’t ignore the head to head win.

The only ones you can make a case for #2 is Lee or McKenna. So if you leave McKenna at 2, where do you put Lee?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

I still think the rankers will go with Lee at # 2 since he won the head-to-head and they each have only one loss.  But they could conceivably leave McKenna at # 2.

As to your theory that McKenna gassed himself out going for the major, I think it was more the case that Lee wore him down with his own superior gas tank.

In regards to the McKenn-Lee theory, I guess we will see when they wrestle again.  I only pointed my thoughts out because I was a bit surprised by how McKenna was moving the whole 1st period.  As good as he is,  his success hasn't been based on that much early movement and pressing positions and attacks.  I really though he was going to wear himself out by the 3rd and, sure enough, he did.  Now, I am not saying that Lee's tank isn't better, but McKenna played a major part in not having any gas AT ALL left in the 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

 


The issue is I’ve never seen a 2 lose to the 5 and neither moves. I can make the case for McKenna at 2 just like you did, but recency plays a part and you can’t ignore the head to head win.

The only ones you can make a case for #2 is Lee or McKenna. So if you leave McKenna at 2, where do you put Lee?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I said he should get a bump.  I would put him at 3, I just don't think that win combined with the loss to Moran warrants him over McKenna considering both's full body of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Interestingly, from looking at WrestleStats, Lee beat McKenna by the same 7-6 score almost exactly a year ago.  Looks like their only two meetings in college.

Yes, but this year's version of McKenna has looked a step above last year's and was the 1st 2 periods against Lee.  I think we will see a much more reserved McKenna next time they meet.  Even with a better gas tank, Lee shouldn't be literally walking through McKenna's defense for the last minute of the match.  That hasn't been McKenna's MO and I don't expect it to be the next time they wrestle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

Yes, but this year's version of McKenna has looked a step above last year's and was the 1st 2 periods against Lee.  I think we will see a much more reserved McKenna next time they meet.  Even with a better gas tank, Lee shouldn't be literally walking through McKenna's defense for the last minute of the match.  That hasn't been McKenna's MO and I don't expect it to be the next time they wrestle.

If McKenna wrestled a more reserved first two periods against Lee he likely doesn't have those two TDs, either.  It's strange of you to totally discount the match last night that Lee won and not the outlier of Lee losing to Moran in OT.  It's almost like you have a bias or something.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

If McKenna wrestled a more reserved first two periods against Lee he likely doesn't have those two TDs, either.  It's strange of you to totally discount the match last night that Lee won and not the outlier of Lee losing to Moran in OT.  It's almost like you have a bias or something.  

He also probably gives up 2 TD's, the one where he fled the mat and the other one that was, imo, wrongly over ruled. If he came out with anything less than what he gave he maybe loses that specific match by 3 or 4 points. As is, he lost with his head on the mat for the final 30 seconds which is obviously not a great look. MSU biased against PSU kid? You obviously haven't seen this movie.....

Image result for Inconceivable!

 

Lee improves to #2

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StallWarning said:

If McKenna wrestled a more reserved first two periods against Lee he likely doesn't have those two TDs, either.  It's strange of you to totally discount the match last night that Lee won and not the outlier of Lee losing to Moran in OT.  It's almost like you have a bias or something.  

Zero bias.  I truly believe McKenna to be the better wrestler.  McKenna absolutely could have created multiple takedowns without pushing the pace the way he did.  There is such a thing as quantity over quality.  He was going gangbusters from the opening whistle even creating an upper body stand off early that even I thought expended a ton of energy early with no reward.

As far as rankings go, you have to look at all things.  Does the 7-6 win negate McKenna destroying Moran, while Lee lost(outlier or not)?   Does the 7-6 win negate how dominant McKenna was over Eierman or Alber or even Storr whom he TF'd with ease while Storr was much more competitive with Lee.

Simply put, did you really come away from that match thinking Lee was better or should be the favorite the next time they wrestle?  I just didn't come away from that match feeling that way and that, along with all I listed above is why I would still have McKenna ahead.  Now if McKenna had another loss or Lee clearly took it to him.  I would put Lee ahead, no question.  But, that isn't/wasn't the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

He also probably gives up 2 TD's, the one where he fled the mat and the other one that was, imo, wrongly over ruled. If he came out with anything less than what he gave he maybe loses that specific match by 3 or 4 points. As is, he lost with his head on the mat for the final 30 seconds which is obviopusly not a great look. MSU biased? Nahhh. Can't be. Ha ha. 

Lee improves to #2

 

Pot meet Kettle.  I also find it funny that you commented that you really enjoy pish's postings.  I fully understand that because he may be the ONLY poster on here that has more PSU BIAS than you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

I still think the rankers will go with Lee at # 2 since he won the head-to-head and they each have only one loss.  But they could conceivably leave McKenna at # 2.

As to your theory that McKenna gassed himself out going for the major, I think it was more the case that Lee wore him down with his own superior gas tank.

It’s hard to say what was going through each wrestler’s mind.

But what I saw was Lee attacking the entire match. Early in the match, Lee wasn’t quite converting his attacks into points. Later in the match, he did.

Edited by Katie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Pot meet Kettle.  I also find it funny that you commented that you really enjoy pish's postings.  I fully understand that because he may be the ONLY poster on here that has more PSU BIAS than you.  

The mere fact he riles you up is a shortcoming of you. You get yourself so wrapped up about all your crazy predictions with all of their ifs, buts and caveats that it is funny. He trolls you so bad. But keep up the good work. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pot meet Kettle.  I also find it funny that you commented that you really enjoy pish's postings.  I fully understand that because he may be the ONLY poster on here that has more PSU BIAS than you.  

 

PSU Bias? I pick the winners better than 99% on this board. You had one contest that you made up and I beat you at your own game and you still can’t get over it.

 

I hope you remember to set it up again this year so I can make fun of you again.

 

Be honest..am I a better picker than you or not? Let’s see if you’ll be honest in front of everyone

 

 

P.S—most of this board doesn’t even know the wrestlers they’re picking, and I understand their bad takes. It’s so much more fun with you because I know you watch a lot of wrestling but you’re wrong so much it’s like you don’t know what the hell youre watching. Lol

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In regards to the McKenn-Lee theory, I guess we will see when they wrestle again.  I only pointed my thoughts out because I was a bit surprised by how McKenna was moving the whole 1st period.  As good as he is,  his success hasn't been based on that much early movement and pressing positions and attacks.  I really though he was going to wear himself out by the 3rd and, sure enough, he did.  Now, I am not saying that Lee's tank isn't better, but McKenna played a major part in not having any gas AT ALL left in the 3rd.


Why do you always have to have a theory? If McKenna and Lee wrestle 10 x they probably split. They are both great wrestlers and have their own strengths and weakness. Very simple


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×