BigTenFanboy

RBY Nick Lee rankings

I've always liked McKenna, even when he moved from Stanford to Ohio State. And I think right now, he's slightly better than Lee. But Lee has an unlimited upside, imo. Last year he seemed to have brain farts from time to time and do mindless things. But he seems to have that demon under control. His gas tank will win him a lot of close bouts like last night's. And his steady improvement makes him better and better against the big guns. He's going to be in the national finals eventually. This year? Maybe.

4 hours ago, MSU158 said:

10-12 looks a bit right for RBY.  If the wins by RBY or Lee were convincing, I would think they both get more movement.  But,  how RBY won(a win is still a win), I don't think he gained too much from that match and even Lee was distinctly outwrestled until McKenna hit a brick wall in the 3rd.

With that said, both should get a bump, but I would reserve that bump based on the matches themselves and not just the W.

Think you are underselling Nick Lee a bit.  He had 2 near takedowns before the 3rd.  McKenna fleeing in the 1st and then the wiped takedown in the 2nd

Nick Lee is exceptional at getting to the legs. Not so much with finishing. If he cleans that up he’s got a high ceiling. I would rank him higher because of the head to head over McKenna. His loss to Moran was bad, and a direct result of poor finishes on leg attacks. He cleans that up, I see a more decisive win over McKenna next time. 

Eierman throws up a dud every year.  This year it was Alber.  Lee has done absolutely nothing to show he's better than Eierman.  He beat McKenna?  Eierman majored him his freshman year.  Has he beat Yianni?  No, but Eierman has.  Has he beat Eierman?  No, Eierman majored him.  Is he on the World Team? No, Eierman is.  Body of work - wise, I'm not buying it.  That said, rank him wherever you want, there's no way he gets seeded ahead of Eierman unless he wins the Big 10, unless Eierman falters against Brock or Parker in his last 2 duals.

11 hours ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Interestingly, from looking at WrestleStats, McKenna beat Lee by the same 7-6 score almost exactly a year ago.  Looks like their only two meetings in college.

Yeah but McKenna's win was legit, Lee only won because McKenna was trying really hard to beat him.

5 hours ago, tigerfan said:

Eierman throws up a dud every year.  This year it was Alber.  Lee has done absolutely nothing to show he's better than Eierman.  He beat McKenna?  Eierman majored him his freshman year.  Has he beat Yianni?  No, but Eierman has.  Has he beat Eierman?  No, Eierman majored him.  Is he on the World Team? No, Eierman is.  Body of work - wise, I'm not buying it.  That said, rank him wherever you want, there's no way he gets seeded ahead of Eierman unless he wins the Big 10, unless Eierman falters against Brock or Parker in his last 2 duals.

Wow, someone is a little bit upset. Done nothing to show hes better than Eierman? You said it yourself. He beat McKenna. Last time Eierman wrestled McKenna he lost. As for your beating Yanni, when did that happen? Oh yea last year. When did he major McKenna? Oh yea 2 years ago. If you want to support your opinion or statements then make sure you use relevant data. A lot has changed since those results.

6 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

Yeah but McKenna's win was legit, Lee only won because McKenna was trying really hard to beat him.

Geez, when you put it like that you almost make MSU sound silly, lol.

I do have to agree that McKenna should keep his #2 ranking since Lee lost to Moran whom McKenna beat and that's a worse loss.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger