Sign in to follow this  
kgschalhoub

PSU third period conditioning

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Quentin Wright was another guy who looked like never lifted weights in his life....yet was a 4x AA, 3x finalist and 2x champ

But then there's this guy, the Gorilla Hulk himself.  

But he seems to be the exception rather than the rule.  Overall, I get the feeling that lifting is 100% optional at Penn State. Molinaro is just a Jersey Shore kind of guy and is going to be jacked and tan- wrestling has nothing to do with it.

4f615fe45cff3_image.jpg

On 2/10/2019 at 12:59 PM, kgschalhoub said:

I saw this in the tOSU match Friday, and have seen it through Cael's years. It just seems that PSU wrestlers usually out-conditions their opponents and have a distinct advantage in the third period (even Schnupp). How much is it their basic phisiology as athletes and how much can be attributed to the PSU coaching staff's conditioning program?

100% on the program's conditioning routine.  It's the only variable the coach has 100% control over and I have no idea why ALL coaches don't drill the piss out of their guys all the time. Well...except for  a couple days before important tournaments :D

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Molinaro was already jacked prior to entering college...he is definitely the exception to the typical PSUer under Cael

Ruth was pretty ripped up too.  But overall, yeah, they're not impressive-looking athletes.