lu1979

174 seeding after DL pins Zahid

After D Lewis pinned Zahid the seeding for 174 @ NCAAs seems to be 

1 - Hall

2 - Lewis

3 - Zahid

4 - Amine

5 - Kutler

This assumes that Hall beats Amine in the B10 finals and the other 3 don't take any other losses through the end of the conference meets.  After the top 5 the next contenders appear to be Lujan, Joe Smith, McFadden & Labriola.  This is going to be great weight at nationals.  

was thinking about this yesterday.

but you have to also remember that Zahid beat Amine, who beat Lewis. could see them keeping Zahid at #2

3 beat 2. Seems pretty simple swap

Edit..Actually just saw Amine was 3 not Lewis.

That being said still have to move Lewis up to 2 Zahid to 3 and Amine to 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewis was #4 behind amine for what i posted about. amine beat lewis.
and rankings aren't the same as seeds.
could certainly see it either way. just saying i don't think it's a foregone conclusion. 

Yup..just edited my post before you posted.

lewis was #4 behind amine for what i posted about. amine beat lewis.

and rankings aren't the same as seeds.

could certainly see it either way. just saying i don't think it's a foregone conclusion. 

True but if we not going to move people up and down for winning and losing ranked matchups then what the hells the point?

Do we just say..ok Lewis, since you lost to Amine you can never move ahead of him? He just beat Zahid who in the beginning of the season, many thought would never lose another college match

21 minutes ago, Banana Peterson said:

Interestingly enough, it appears Hall put all that work in for the 1 seed, just to possibly see Valencia in the semis.

Without losing again Valencia should not fall below 3rd seed.  He has 2 losses to Hall & Lewis.  Lewis only has 1 loss to Amine and it was early (Cliff Keen Finals).  Amine has 2 losses to Hall & Zahid.  If Amine loses to Hall again in B10 finals and Zahid and Lewis win the rest of their matches (as I assumed in my 1st post) Amine would have 3 losses and the seeding should be as I stated even considering the ZV/DL/MA round robin.   Now if Amine were to beat Hall in the B10 finals I am not sure what would happen with seeding.  For that matter other unexpected results could still pop up during the rest of the season or in the conference tourneys that will throw a wrench into seeding.  I noticed Lujan took a loss yesterday to Bastian from Utah Valley. 

I’m kinda pissed that I missed this match had Pryor engagements. The way Zahid preformed at the world trials led me to believe that widened the gap with Hall and now I’m scratching my head that he got pinned. Anyone who did see the match can you tell me what exactly happened?

37 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

I’m kinda pissed that I missed this match had Pryor engagements. The way Zahid preformed at the world trials led me to believe that widened the gap with Hall and now I’m scratching my head that he got pinned. Anyone who did see the match can you tell me what exactly happened?

SOmebody posted this in a different thread

3 hours ago, pish6969 said:

Best weight class in the country hands down this year. Two champs and 7 other studs

I wouldn’t say hands down. 133 is gonna be dynamic as well. Man I wish Gross was part of this historical great weight class this year as well.

Edited by Aviator12

I wouldn’t say hands down. 133 is gonna be dynamic as well. Man I wish Gross was part of this historical great weight class this year as well.

As good as 133 is, without a champ, no less 2 it doesn’t compare

Lewis got the first takedown and rode ZV for a bit (2-0 Lewis).  ZV escaped, took Lewis down and got a couple swipes (5-2 ZV).  Lewis got a reversal (5-4 ZV) and ZV escaped right before the end of first (6-4 ZV). Zahid chose down in second. Lewis was riding ZV pretty well and had 1:20 or more of riding time before pin.

Like Cradle said, it would have been 8-6 after the back points plus Lewis would have had riding time.

Edited by XiXiTiger

Being possibly the best cradler in the nation right now, and having one of the tightest cradles I've seen him get, pretty unlikely that Valencia was coming off his back.

Edited by KCMO2

7 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Yeah he is not himself. It’s concerning this close to ncaas 

He looked terrible against Hall. He looked terrible when he bumped a weight against UNC. He was leading but looked terrible against Lewis in the first period.