Jimmy Cinnabon

Pletcher loses to #15 wrestler but doesn't drop in rankings

54 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

a well established perverted colloquialism. He should "grow up" and speak like an adult, not an immature teenager.

What's perverted about jerking each other off? 

BTFB was big on policing Gilman's language. Just curious why he doesn't hold himself to same standard?

Edited by wrestlingphish

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

Why? Are you a Puritan? 

No. Don't have to be a puritan to realize that talking about other people's sexual activities is perverted and immature. What to talk about your own actives, be my guest. Again, I'm not the one that needs to "grow up" here. and it looks like you need a little growing up as well.

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Pletcher is 7-3 vs qualifier level guys, with his only losses to Phillipi, RBY and Micic. 2/3 are ranked ahead of him now. So losses to 1, 5 and 9

He has beaten 7, 12, 13, 14 and 3 bubble guys. 

Where would you put him? 

8 beat 9 but has an unranked loss. 

10 and 11 have far worse losses than pletcher has. 

He beat 12-14

Im just not sure where else to put him. His resume supports his ranking, even if it feels weird for him to be 3 spots ahead of the guy he just lost to. 

I know there is a lot of A beat B, B beat C but C beat A going on at 133 but you actually don't have that in terms of Pletcher/Lizak/RBY/Gomez.   Overall I think Head to Head is more important than having an unrelated "bad" loss.

Gomez beat RBY

RBY beat Pletcher

Pletcher beat Lizak

so I think it should be Gomez, RBY, Pletcher, Lizak 6-9

Keep in mind Gomez also beat #3 so despite the bad loss I think he deserves to move up some.

It would help if you read the comments that Spey and Pyles put up top. It explains the ranking. 

Roman Bravo-Young notched the best win of his nascent career with a victory over All-American Luke Pletcher. RBY moves up to #9 behind Austin Gomez, who beat him earlier in the year at the Southern Scuffle. Pletcher had built himself enough cushion at the CKLV, among other results, to maintain his #6 ranking. 

28 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I know there is a lot of A beat B, B beat C but C beat A going on at 133 but you actually don't have that in terms of Pletcher/Lizak/RBY/Gomez.   Overall I think Head to Head is more important than having an unrelated "bad" loss.

Gomez beat RBY

RBY beat Pletcher

Pletcher beat Lizak

so I think it should be Gomez, RBY, Pletcher, Lizak 6-9

Keep in mind Gomez also beat #3 so despite the bad loss I think he deserves to move up some.

The issue is that RBY has by far the weakest resume.  He has 1 meaningful win, and it was TB rideouts at that.  

Head to head comparisons can go on indefinitely.  Lizak beat Thornton who beat RBY who beat Pletcher who beat Lizak who beat Bridges who beat Myers who beat Phillipi who beat Fix... etc. etc. etc. 

31 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

The issue is that RBY has by far the weakest resume.  He has 1 meaningful win, and it was TB rideouts at that.  

Head to head comparisons can go on indefinitely.  Lizak beat Thornton who beat RBY who beat Pletcher who beat Lizak who beat Bridges who beat Myers who beat Phillipi who beat Fix... etc. etc. etc. 

I know H2H can go on indefinitely that's why I was strictly focusing on the H2H among the 4 guys in question.

I'm not a PSU fan so don't want to make excuses for RBY but his only 2 losses are to a guy who also owns a win over #3 where he was winning, and a match where he got injured.  

And honestly Pletcher and Lizak don't have that strong of a resume either.

Pletcher's only top 10 win was over Lizak

Lizak's only top 10 win was over Erneste

Gomez has the best win of the 4 (DeSanto), plus the win over RBY.

So I'm sticking with it should be Gomez-RBY-Pletcher-Lizak

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I know H2H can go on indefinitely that's why I was strictly focusing on the H2H among the 4 guys in question.

I'm not a PSU fan so don't want to make excuses for RBY but his only 2 losses are to a guy who also owns a win over #3 where he was winning, and a match where he got injured.  

I agree with you here, but felt odd about moving Gomez up multiple spots and Moving Lizak below him based off the results of 2 other wrestlers. Too much follow the leader for me..

5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Actually, it sounds like everyone on FRL today, all of whom said the same thing. 

This is so bush league.  In this age of ducking and seed protecting no coach is putting a hurt wrestler on the mat.  If you actually watched the match there was no objective hint of injury.  To he contrary, his speed was unbelievable.

People who actually wrestled don’t post bs injury crap.  You wrestled the match? You were healthy enough.

48 minutes ago, Sstern said:

This is so bush league.  In this age of ducking and seed protecting no coach is putting a hurt wrestler on the mat.  If you actually watched the match there was no objective hint of injury.  To he contrary, his speed was unbelievable.

People who actually wrestled don’t post bs injury crap.  You wrestled the match? You were healthy enough.

Being un injured and able to wrestle and being 100 percent are not the same thing. Hard to believe this requires explanation. 

Last year we heard over and over about Bo Jordan not being 100 percent, you calling all those Ohio State fans out too? 

Edited by TBar1977

I'll balance this out by saying McKenna shouldn't be under Lee in spite of recent results. Lee's loss to Moran (who has 6 losses on the season) is a lot worse than McKenna's loss to Lee. Flo has a major recency bias without looking big picture/resume. 

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

But you cant just choose then to stop head to head. If your gonna use he beat him, who beat him, who beat him, might as well keep going. And you also cant ignore other loses that are "unrelated" because those loses matter in terms of ranking. So pletcher has the most quality wins it looks like, with the "best" loses and is a returning aa. I think they have it right.

Can we all at least agree that Pletcher is boring?  I'm all for defensive matches from time to time, but you've got to be pretty die hard to appreciate 2-1 (trade escapes, escape in OT).  During the RBY match, the one commentator kept carrying on about how great a match it was.  I was thinking "no, this isn't... if I was a non-fan who came across this while channel surfing, I would have turned it off after the first period". 

59 minutes ago, Mr. Peepers said:

Can we all at least agree that Pletcher is boring?  I'm all for defensive matches from time to time, but you've got to be pretty die hard to appreciate 2-1 (trade escapes, escape in OT).  During the RBY match, the one commentator kept carrying on about how great a match it was.  I was thinking "no, this isn't... if I was a non-fan who came across this while channel surfing, I would have turned it off after the first period". 

Non fans would change the channel regardless of how much or little action there was in the match.

5 hours ago, Mr. Peepers said:

Seems weird to blame pletcher. He was the only one who took committed shots.