Marcus Cisero

EXCELLENT FLO Article as to why Vincenzo Joseph Should Be the #3 Seed At Big 10's

6 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Rivera didn't wrestle Mattin, Lee didn't wrestle Rivera, Mueller didn't wrestle half a season and shouldn't be seeded , Vito didn't wrestle half a season and shouldn't be seeded, Fausz has wrestled around 5 matches and shouldn't be seeded. 125 at conferences will be interesting. Good idea Nomad.

This post really makes me think. In the end we would still have the same subjective criteria needed to wade through all the different variables. 

13 hours ago, Housebuye said:

If you are going to call someone an idiot you should probably know seeding criteria

So every time a kid gets sick and can’t wrestle we must assume he is ducking?  The cream rises to the top. Duckers (suckers) lose the opportunity to learn from a top notch opponent. The criteria will clearly seed Joseph #1. The flow guy is intentionally causing a fake controversy.  

23 hours ago, Fletcher said:

My modest proposal for B10 seeding is to base it on how each team's weight class (regardless of who's staffed there) performs against the rest of the B10. This would discourage ducking and also encourage having capable back-ups when someone's injured/overweight/suspended.

OMG, someone else. U rank a team at a spot, say Minn. @ 285. TThen if Gable sits out and his backup loses, they get dropped. Love the idea.

I fail to see any reason Penn St would feel the need to duck anyone.  It would be the  coaches from wanna be teams who dont have the confidence in their team members to win dominantly.

I'm a fan of Wick, but no way think Joseph ducked.  In fact it probably would of been to his advantage to get a feel of him before big tens/nationals.

All nonsense.

13 minutes ago, tbert said:

I fail to see any reason Penn St would feel the need to duck anyone.  It would be the  coaches from wanna be teams who dont have the confidence in their team members to win dominantly.

I'm a fan of Wick, but no way think Joseph ducked.  In fact it probably would of been to his advantage to get a feel of him before big tens/nationals.

All nonsense.

I have little doubt Joseph would've beaten Wick.

23 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I have little doubt Joseph would've beaten Wick.

Probably,  but I thought the same last year at ncaas with marenelli and marstellar, where he tied them both up in knots.

46 minutes ago, tbert said:

All nonsense.

I just dont see why penn state would be  immune to ducking or being called out on it, if no one else is. If Cenzo didnt duck wick, (Cenzo wasnt injured) then Stoll and Lee definitely didnt duck, and should be commended for even going out at less then 100%. As for Wick... well Marinelli has atleast already wrestled him once this year. If he doesnt wrestle him again then yes its likely a duck, just like cenzos. Cenzo's only qualifies as a duck because Lee's does. Lee is noticeably not 100% and has wrestled thru it most of the time. Cenzo had more to lose wrestling Wick, then Lee had wrestling Rivera imo.

Edited by Molsen

3 hours ago, Molsen said:

I just dont see why penn state would be  immune to ducking or being called out on it, if no one else is. If Cenzo didnt duck wick, (Cenzo wasnt injured) then Stoll and Lee definitely didnt duck, and should be commended for even going out at less then 100%. As for Wick... well Marinelli has atleast already wrestled him once this year. If he doesnt wrestle him again then yes its likely a duck, just like cenzos. Cenzo's only qualifies as a duck because Lee's does. Lee is noticeably not 100% and has wrestled thru it most of the time. Cenzo had more to lose wrestling Wick, then Lee had wrestling Rivera imo.

Considering that cenzo didnt wrestle the prior meet is partly what I based it off.  Cael said he was sick, Brands said Lee's absent was "part of the plan"... Doesnt matter where Lee,Wick, Cenzo or Marinelli are seated.  Iowa is not going to win big ten regardless of where their guys are seated.  

4 minutes ago, tbert said:

Considering that cenzo didnt wrestle the prior meet is partly what I based it off.  Cael said he was sick, Brands said Lee's absent was "part of the plan"... Doesnt matter where Lee,Wick, Cenzo or Marinelli are seated.  Iowa is not going to win big ten regardless of where their guys are seated.  

Though Brands saying it was part of the plan sounds bad, with Lee appearing to be less the 100% that is likely why it was part of the plan. But I do agree that Iowa's chance at winning the big tens is small. 

I think who you wrestled should break ties but not trump all else. More important, who cares? It makes absolutely difference what Cenzo’s seed is at Big Tens. Let’s work it out:

Cenzo first seed, Marinelli second seed and Wick third seed. Then Cenzo meets Marinelli or Wick in the finals. 

Cenzo is third seed then he meets one of the two in the semifinals. 

Who cares? He’s not going to lose. 

5 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

I think who you wrestled should break ties but not trump all else. More important, who cares? It makes absolutely difference what Cenzo’s seed is at Big Tens. Let’s work it out:

Cenzo first seed, Marinelli second seed and Wick third seed. Then Cenzo meets Marinelli or Wick in the finals. 

Its good to know you can see the future. He has a previous loss to Marinelli, so I wouldnt guarantee him winning. It doesnt really matter though because there are some other landminds besides those 3 capable of an upset. Theres not really a easy route.

Edited by Molsen

2 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Plus you know The Bull....apex predator that he is, genetically aerodynamically streamlined even, looks forward to 2 top 5 guys in a row :D

2 hours ago, Molsen said:

Its good to know you can see the future. He has a previous loss to Marinelli, so I wouldnt guarantee him winning. It doesnt really matter though because there are some other landminds besides those 3 capable of an upset. Theres not really a easy route.

As a matter of fact BigTimeFan CAN tell the future. He told me well in advance that I would find economic success through Bitcoin. Or was it white slavery? Whichever, he was right.

40 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Wick hasn't shown any signs this season that he is the same wrestlers he was last year at ncaa's. Maybe he will turn it up for the tournament. 

Well, he did get Marinelli to turtle up in period 2 of their match, and he did get 2 stall points off Marinelli in period 3 so ......................

22 hours ago, Molsen said:

Yes. He lost to Marinelli but he has a habit of winning at NCAAs and was never top seed. And I think you know what I mean when I say he’ll beat him. I don’t think that he should or would care about being any of those seeds because he wants so win NCAAs and has to go through them all. 

Edited by BigTimeFan