Sign in to follow this  
okwrestle

OK State 13-0 vs Mizzou 15-0 sat Feb 16

12 minutes ago, okwrestle said:

One of the best duals of the year but I don't see that Flo has picked it up

is it televised ?  Some great matchups

Since neither of those teams is B10 I bet FLO will show it. Agreed, I think it will be a fun dual.

Edited by TobusRex

13 minutes ago, okwrestle said:

One of the best duals of the year but I don't see that Flo has picked it up

is it televised ?  Some great matchups

looks like ESPN is streaming it on ESPN3

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?startDate=20190216&type=upcoming

Wrestling

NCAA WRESTLING
11:00 AM
Columbia vs. Brown (Wrestling)

espn+
1:00 PM
Princeton vs. Pennsylvania (Wrestling)

espn+
1:00 PM
Hofstra vs. Brown (Wrestling)

espn+
3:30 PM
Oklahoma State vs. Missouri (Wrestling)

espn3
4:00 PM
Columbia vs. Harvard (Wrestling)

espn+
6:00 PM
Hofstra vs. Harvard (Wrestling)

espn+
7:00 PM
Virginia vs. Virginia Tech (Wrestling)

accextra

Here is what Wrestle Stat thinks. https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/43/missouri/57/oklahoma-state

My prediction using InterMat rankings. Ok ST 4 MU 8 as tournament teams & OK ST 2  MU 5 as dual teams

125 Punke nr vs Picinnini 4 major for Pic 4 - 0 OK ST

133 Erneste 10 vs Fix 2 dec Fix 7 -0 OK ST

141 Eierman 4 vs Brock 13 Eierman is a pinner lets give it to him 7 - 6 OK ST

149 Mauller 7 vs Gfeller 5 I am a homer dec Mauller 9 - 7 Tigers

157 Jacques 17 vs Sheets nr got to have this one Jacques by dec 12 - 7 Tigers

165 Flynn 14 vs Rogers 10 dec Rogers 12 - 10 Tigers

174 Lewis 2 vs Joe Smith 6 dec Lewis 15 -10 Tigers

184 Wisman 16 vs Jacobe Smith 8 Jacobe by dec 15 - 13 Tigers

197 Koelling nr vs Weigel 6 dec Weigel 16 - 15 OK ST

285 Elam nr vs White 2 very bad match up for Elam White by major maybe more 20 - 15 OK ST

Can Lewis pull off another fall over a monster opponent? - Can Erneste hit a homer on Fix? Will Mizzou fans come out in great numbers and break the attendance record.

Should be a great atmosphere.  Intentionally held during the break between medal rounds and the finals matches.at the Missouri HS state tournament, which is literally right across the street.  Should be a ton of fans switching arenas for the dual, and then switching back for the finals.

Edited by KCMO2

2 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Should be a great atmosphere.  Intentionally held during the break between medal rounds and the finals matches.at the Missouri HS state tournament, which is literally right across the street.  Should be a ton of fans switching arenas for the dual, and then switching back for the finals.

crap ... might be harder to get a good seat, is it all general admission or are there any advance purchase reserved?

6 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

That sounds pretty awesome.

50 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Great idea by the Missouri Staff. Well done. 

Just now, OBXWrestler said:

I doubt we see OK State’s full lineup with all the guys coming down weights. 

Generally John takes duals pretty seriously especially when against important competitive foes.  Plus these guys have been dropping and under weight for several duals now.

17 minutes ago, ionel said:

Generally John takes duals pretty seriously especially when against important competitive foes.  Plus these guys have been dropping and under weight for several duals now.

Joe weighed in at 173 for Lehigh. If he is going 165 he has to be on his way down. I don’t they wrestle him against Lewis weigh around 170. I don’t think we see Jacobe or Geer either for the same reasons. 

I agree with you that he takes Duals seriously but considering the situation I think he sits those guys. 

11 minutes ago, OBXWrestler said:

Joe weighed in at 173 for Lehigh. If he is going 165 he has to be on his way down. I don’t they wrestle him against Lewis weigh around 170. I don’t think we see Jacobe or Geer either for the same reasons. 

I agree with you that he takes Duals seriously but considering the situation I think he sits those guys. 

Those guys will be lower for Iowa, ii dont see John totally ducking out of two important duals but guess theres a first for everything.

4 hours ago, ionel said:

Those guys will be lower for Iowa, ii dont see John totally ducking out of two important duals but guess theres a first for everything.

Coach John Smith has typically put his most competitive team on the mat versus Missouri.  

Despite some wrestlers being on a “descent plan”, I would expect the following for this dual :

165: Rogers

174: Joe Smith

184: Jacobe

197: Weigel

I could be wrong.  Either way, this should be a fantastic dual that hopefully matches the excitement of lasts year dual in Stillwater.  I will be there !

Edited by Show_Me

Excellent dual coming up this weekend. Both teams have lineups in flux, but this is my best guess for who they put out there. 

They are 2-2 in their last 4 duals against each other. 

Both teams are undefeated this season. OSU is 13-0. Missouri is 15-0. 

Missouri is on a 34 dual win streak, the 2nd longest in D1. The streak includes UNI, Cornell, ASU, Lehigh, Illinois and...OSU 21-19 last year. 

125 Picc over Punke 4-0 OSU

133 Fix over Erneste 4-3

141 Eierman over Brock 8-3 (pin potential)

149 Gfeller over Mauller 8-6 (toss up)

157 Jacques over Sheets 11-6

165 Rogers over Flynn 11-9 (pin potential like last time, also upset potential with Rogers just coming in to the lineup and still fighting for a spot)

174 Lewis over Joe 14-9 (pin potential and upset potential. Joe will be in the way down to 165 so likely will be a bit drained and slightly smaller. Lewis is also on a streak)

184 Jacobe over Watkins 14-13 (if it is Marriott or Winston subtract 1 point. Jacobe will likely be on his way down would could play a role)

197 Weigel over Koelling 14-16 (could be a pin for Weigel or a loss if he isn’t himself. It depends where he is at. Even if he loses a wrestleoff I think they use him because he needs mat time right now)

285 white over Elam 15-19 (Elam could take this. I’d say 30% chance)

i have OSU winning by 1 match. This easily could swap. In fact, if I were to bet I would probably pick Missouri. OSU can’t handle a single upset and their lineup is in flux. 133, 149, 165, 197 and 285, 5/6 OSU isn’t favored in, could go either way. Missouri just needs one of those upsets and then need to out bonus OSU, which they do because of their pinners (141, 174). 

Weight by weight prediction: 19-15 OSU

Final Pick: 18-17 Missouri (this is the one that counts. My entire reputation is on the line  if I get this wrong...)

Projected Lineups: per Mizzou press release

1 hour ago, mlbruem said:

Projected Lineups: per Mizzou press release

Good to see Wisman back in the lineup, but it will be interesting to see how he looks with a knee injury and a long layoff.  Dual actually looks pretty one-sided if Weigel wrestles and there are no upsets in Mizzou's favor.

Edited by XiXiTiger

I like ESPN3's coverage as I watched a handful of dual meets a couple of years ago. (Maybe it was ESPN+, I really don't remember.)

What I do know is that I'd have to spend an additional fee (~$5/month maybe). I ain't trying to do that! Although $5 isn't much, it just seems that there will be another outlet next year that has me sign up and pay another $5 for more. Arrrrrrgh. Nickel and dime me to death with my vices.

8 minutes ago, RealAmericanHero said:

I like ESPN3's coverage as I watched a handful of dual meets a couple of years ago. (Maybe it was ESPN+, I really don't remember.)

What I do know is that I'd have to spend an additional fee (~$5/month maybe). I ain't trying to do that! Although $5 isn't much, it just seems that there will be another outlet next year that has me sign up and pay another $5 for more. Arrrrrrgh. Nickel and dime me to death with my vices.

If attending the dual it looks like GA tickets are $8, so spending $5 no travel cost, sitting in you lazy boy drinking your own cheap PBR sounds like a bargain don't ya think?  ;)

10 minutes ago, RealAmericanHero said:

ESPN+ is an extra fee. The ESPN3 broadcasts are free as long as you have ESPN as part of your TV/cable package.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:47 PM, ionel said:

And there's nothing to lose for guys who aren't going to be at that weight for the postseason anyway.  If they take a loss up a weight it won't factor in to seeding or anything else. So might as well go try to win.