Jimmy Cinnabon

Battle of the Italians

29 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

I’ve never had their pizza, but if it’s good, it would be the only remotely positive thing to come out of New Jersey

Pizza as we know it today began in Naples, Italy.

However, before WWII, it wasn’t very commercialized there (or anywhere else in Italy) because it was considered to be a working-class dish.

At the same time (before WWII) there were only a handful of pizzerias in the US. After WWII, however, American soldiers returning from the war brought back a taste for pizza. 

Fueled by the buying power of WWII vets, pizza exploded in popularity in the US, which subsequently made it explode in popularity in Italy. 

Today, as a purely subjective matter, I believe the best pizza is made in Italy.  

1 hour ago, CoachWrestling said:

I’ve never had their pizza, but if it’s good, it would be the only remotely positive thing to come out of New Jersey  

Visit the seashore, the beautiful hills of the northwestern part of the state, and view the NY skyline from Jersey City before you make a comment about the Garden State. 

1 hour ago, gowrestle said:
3 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

Visit the seashore, the beautiful hills of the northwestern part of the state, and view the NY skyline from Jersey City before you make a comment about the Garden State. 

I've been to Jersey City, and I second your recommendation to look away from it.

2 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

This is Blasphemy on this forum.  JORDAN BURROUGHS.  

Also..Bruce Springsteen.  

You started positive then completely ruined it by highlighting that gravely voiced hack. GOD I HATE SPRINGSTEEN. 

13 hours ago, madcat11 said:

Lou Malnatis hands down

Was in Chicago for work a while back and someone recommended this place but I thought they said "Illuminati's". Had some trouble locating it and asked a few people where I could find "Illuminati's" but finally got set straight, haha. Good deep dish. 

10 hours ago, Gantry said:

You want something a little different in Chicago than the touristy joints, Pequods and Dantes are the up and comers.  Dimos and Boiler Room have fantastic vegan pizza as well...

+1 PBJ from Boiler Room to start the weekend

On 2/15/2019 at 4:53 PM, TripNSweep said:

I thought Panteleo and Massa were of Lebanese ancestry given they're from Michigan.  

I wish I could find the flo interview in which Pantaleo describes how to pronounce his name.  It is so funny, even lu_alum would chuckle.