Marcus Cisero

Interview with Iowa 125-pounder Spencer Lee and 133-pounder Austin DeSanto

Hopefully DeSanto can get back on track and keep a cool head.  The Fix vs. DeSanto match should be a thriller.  As it relates to Pic vs Lee, same thing – huge opportunity for both wrestlers. 

After watching this interesting interview, I’m pulling for these two to bring it to the next level. 

Question is, can they? Will they? I say they do.

Here's the interview

Edited by Marcus Cisero

6 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Hopefully DeSanto can get back on track and keep a cool head.  The Fix vs. DeSanto match should be a thriller.  As it relates to Pic vs Lee, same thing – huge opportunity for both wrestlers. 

After watching this interesting interview, I’m pulling for these two to bring it to the next level. 

Question is, can they? Will they? I say they do.

Here's the interview

Did you notice that about 3 minutes in Lee's response slowed a bit, just didn't have the same quick reply, started talking a bit slower, appeared the mono was kicking in.  ;)

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Did you notice that about 3 minutes in Lee's response slowed a bit, just didn't have the same quick reply, started talking a bit slower, appeared the mono was kicking in.  ;)

Both guys appear healthy, both guys appear to be upbeat and most of all, both guys are supporting one another. I like that.

Bring it to the next level?  I think they have already proven to be next level guys.  One is an NCAA champ and close to the favorite to become a 2-time champ at his weight and the other placed 7th last year and has beaten some pretty tough competition and is currently ranked number 3 at his weight.  They have already proved to be next level guys.

3 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

Bring it to the next level?  I think they have already proven to be next level guys.  One is an NCAA champ and close to the favorite to become a 2-time champ at his weight and the other placed 7th last year and has beaten some pretty tough competition and is currently ranked number 3 at his weight.  They have already proved to be next level guys.

DeSanto lost in R12, he didn't place at NCAAs.  For the record I think he'll beat Fix.

My bad, I thought he placed 7th last year.  But I still stand by my next level question.  They are both at the next level already.  DeSanto has the wins this year to prove it and Lee might not be AS dominating but he certainly has proven he has been at the next level for awhile.

3 hours ago, ionel said:

yeah, it's a shame,  speaking in stereo was always one of his strengths. the interview might have also been done shortly after weigh-ins.

Edited by gromit

3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

DeSanto lost in R12, he didn't place at NCAAs.  For the record I think he'll beat Fix.

Or stated another way, stalled his way out of all-american status as a stadium full of people stared in disbelief.

4 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

When all is said and done wonder how they’ll stack up against McDonough/Ramos and Gilman/Clark. 

Ramos and Clark will never match DeSanto's Drexel win/loss record.  Also, believe DeSanto is either on pace or has already blown Gilman's team point deduction record out of the park.  ;)

2 minutes ago, GranbyTroll said:

Remember when Gilman illegally slammed Waters and Waters got penalized? Will the Lee/DeSanto ever match that accomplishment? 

Is DeSanto going for a leglock at this year's tournament while pretending to do a banana split?