smitty11

Suriano vs Micic

Last year and this year when Suriano gets on the mat against a top rated guy he doesn't shoot or score hardly at all. Against Fix, Erneste and Desanto he scored 2, 3 and 4 points respectively. I have to believe Micic can outscore him. Micic takes more fully committed shots and his finishes are clean. Suriano is tough to score on, but I think Micic will get 1 or 2 and beat him. 

Micic is looking really good.  Excellent in every position. 

Nick is looking a bit tentative in the big matches.  Still, Nick is a hard man to move out of position or to score on.  

If the refs stay out of the way and let them fight it out I have Nick.  Gonna be one of those first takedown sets the tone matches  

Row J.  Have the entire weekend planned around it. 

Suriano.   Low scoring match.   Suriano gets 1 takedown.   

Although micic looked good against rivera and pletcher, he didn't maintain a high pace the entire time like desanto does.   Suriano will be fresh enough to stuff all his attempts and gets a re**** double

15 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

Although micic looked good against rivera and pletcher, he didn't maintain a high pace the entire time like desanto does.   Suriano will be fresh enough to stuff all his attempts and gets a re**** double

I had to re**** this morning after the shower.  It has ruined my entire day.

51 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

If Micic comes out and kills him, that Suriano post-Vegas interview is going to be even more hilarious in hindsight.  

Can you imagine the meltdown Suriano would have if Micic ducks him at the dual?

I’d like to see what Micic can do against Ashnault. 

Ashnault way to strong for Micic.

Nick appears to be working his way out of the funk he was in.  His defense is so strong and I don't think Micic can hold him down.

Micic has been great even if only 11 bouts.  Will most likely come down to the last TD and I am betting the RU home crowd will make a difference for Nick.

I don’t know why, but I keep picking Suriano on the tough matchups and he keeps losing. On the basis that I’m bound to be right about him at some point, I’m picking him again. Micic looks significantly improved and like the better technician, but if Fix couldn’t come close to taking him down, I think Suriano will squeak out a 1-pointer in a snoozer. 

Micic and it's not going to be that close.  He's on another level than anybody at the weight and Suriano will turtle up like he does against top guys.  The only problem is that Micic won't be bothered by it and won't have any problem getting to his legs.

Micic just has too much solid offense. I don't think he scores in bunches on Suriano but I think he scores. I think Suriano is 90% Bully/Defense, I think he lacks the attacks to take Micic down but like I said, I don't think he gives up more than 6 or 7. 
I'll go 6-3  Micic
3 escapes for Suriano
2 TD's 1 Escape, +1 RT,  Micic

Edited by spladle08

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

Micic may not appear as active as DeSanto, but his pace is probably more punishing because the quality of his shots is higher.  

Suriano wrestles not to lose against the best guys, and wrestles like he's afraid to lose.  Above it was mentioned that  against Fix, Erneste and Desanto, Suriano scored 2, 3 and 4 points.  Go back to the very end of last year, and against Cruz and Lee he scored 2 and 1 points.  He can stuff as many shots as he wants, but if he can't score against top guys it won't matter.

And if DeSanto can take him down, which he did cleanly, then Micic certainly can.

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Micic just has too much solid offense. I don't think he scores in bunches on Suriano but I think he scores. I think Suriano is 90% Bully/Defense, I think he lacks the attacks to take Micic down but like I said, I don't think he gives up more than 6 or 7. 
I'll go 6-3  Micic
3 escapes for Suriano
2 TD's 1 Escape, +1 RT,  Micic

I don't think either guy can hold the other down for very long at all.  For a lightweight, Suriano is one of the best at getting out on bottom that I have ever seen. 

But you're completely right, Micic may be the best neutral wrestler Suriano has ever faced (except maybe Gilman). I am going 5-3 Micic.

For me, it seems like Suriano never lets loose in big matches. He’s shows his high caliber opponents way too much respect, wrestling NOT TO LOSE while a guy like DeSanto is WRESTLING FOR THE WIN. Suriano should have never lost to DeSanto, in my opinion. He also could have / should have beaten Fix if only he opened up more.

Last year Suriano wrestled this way against Spencer in the NCAA finals. I recall little to no offense what so ever against Lee. It’s possible he got spooked when Lee pinned Thomasello while Suriano was wrestling Cruz on the mat next to him. 

Suriano just doesn’t seem as technically sound as in previous years, or it could just be he’s facing more hammers at 133lbs. I’m not sure.

Micic on the other hand, this guy demonstrates “where the mind goes, so does the body.”  His high  level of confidence is clearly evident in ALL of his matches.

I’m taking Micic over Suriano 10-4, and the 4 points for Suriano are earned by Micic allowing him out from the bottom 4 times.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

9 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

For me, it seems like Suriano never lets loose in big matches. He’s shows his high caliber opponents way too much respect, wrestling NOT TO LOSE while a guy like DeSanto is WRESTLING FOR THE WIN. Suriano should have never lost to DeSanto, in my opinion. He also could have / should have beaten Fix if only he opened up more.

Last year Suriano wrestled this way against Spencer in the NCAA finals. I recall little to no offense what so ever against Lee. It’s possible he got spooked when Lee pinned Thomasello while Suriano was wrestling Cruz on the mat next to him. 

Suriano just doesn’t seem as technically sound as in previous years, or it could just be he’s facing more hammers at 133lbs. I’m not sure.

Micic on the other hand, this guy demonstrates “where the mind goes, so does the body.”  His high  level of confidence is clearly evident in ALL of his matches.

I’m taking Micic over Suriano 10-4, and the 4 points for Suriano are earned by Micic allowing him out from the bottom 4 times.

Agree with everything you said, except for that Suriano could have/should have beaten Fix.  Seemed to me, if anything, that Fix looked better in the ties and had slightly better positioning in most cases.  That said, neither guy really took a shot.

48 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

Micic may not appear as active as DeSanto, but his pace is probably more punishing because the quality of his shots is higher.  

Suriano wrestles not to lose against the best guys, and wrestles like he's afraid to lose.  Above it was mentioned that  against Fix, Erneste and Desanto, Suriano scored 2, 3 and 4 points.  Go back to the very end of last year, and against Cruz and Lee he scored 2 and 1 points.  He can stuff as many shots as he wants, but if he can't score against top guys it won't matter.

And if DeSanto can take him down, which he did cleanly, then Micic certainly can.

He has good shots for sure.   But oaces himself at times imo.   Suriano was exhausted when desanto took him down.   Before that, suriano took desanto down.   

Good match anyways, contrast in styles.   And if micic scores a td early, suriano will have to open up.   If he fails and gets countered, micic will have to go at him more.   

Desanto scored at the end of the match and fix got his hands to the face point in ot.   So suriano was winning or tied up (maybe down by 1 from an escape but he still was able to pick down) so this could be different