smitty11

Suriano vs Micic

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

He has good shots for sure.   But oaces himself at times imo.   Suriano was exhausted when desanto took him down.   Before that, suriano took desanto down.   

Good match anyways, contrast in styles.   And if micic scores a td early, suriano will have to open up.   If he fails and gets countered, micic will have to go at him more.   

Desanto scored at the end of the match and fix got his hands to the face point in ot.   So suriano was winning or tied up (maybe down by 1 from an escape but he still was able to pick down) so this could be different 

Exactly. Vs both DeSanto and Fix, Suriano lost but with minor changes could’ve won. That shouldn’t impact rankings or seeding, but it does impact picks. 

Pretty interesting to think that if he had pulled those off, the conversation about him would be very different. The Fix loss didn’t have much to do with wrestling. The DeSanto loss was a legitimate loss, but obviously the result could be very different next time. 

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I don’t know why, but I keep picking Suriano on the tough matchups and he keeps losing. On the basis that I’m bound to be right about him at some point, I’m picking him again. Micic looks significantly improved and like the better technician, but if Fix couldn’t come close to taking him down, I think Suriano will squeak out a 1-pointer in a snoozer. 

that's because neither fix nor suriano made any legit attempt at a takedown the entire match.  Micic wins this one 6-3

5 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

If Micic comes out and kills him, that Suriano post-Vegas interview is going to be even more hilarious in hindsight.  

Can you imagine the meltdown Suriano would have if Micic ducks him at the dual?

He hasn't been hyping this match up.  OR, Flo isn't putting a microphone in front of his face because they aren't showing this match.  He did call Micic out after the CK.  Wonder how he feels now.  The Fix match had more hype, but without Flo, . . .

4 hours ago, vsnej said:

Ashnault way to strong for Micic.

Nick appears to be working his way out of the funk he was in.  His defense is so strong and I don't think Micic can hold him down.

Micic has been great even if only 11 bouts.  Will most likely come down to the last TD and I am betting the RU home crowd will make a difference for Nick.

It was a joke. Obviously, that would be a terrible idea.

I can’t unsee the Micic v Pletcher drubbing, Micic probably just low-leg turked him for another set of 4.

Micic is brutalizing opponents, Suriano is very stingy giving up points.

I’ll roll with Micic by 3.

3 hours ago, Coach_J said:

Haven't read the whole thread but I feel Micic is too technical and offense-minded.  Don't believe he'll play the trade-escapes-look-for-one-opening-or-lucky-call game.

I guess he read this and decided to do exactly that 

16 hours ago, Housebuye said:

The sport couldn't function without our brilliance

Precisely.  Just the other day Cael, Smitty (I call him Smitty), Brands (both of them), Eggie, et al. PM'd me at the same time asking me about...