dmm53

DAN KOLOV–NIKOLA PETROV Ranking Tournament (Feb.-Mar.3)

12 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Since my wrestling career has ended, I went the BJJ route, and yes... I absolutely believe that learning other Martial Arts will help his wrestling game.  I'm a huge supporter of this path.

And you know all...

"By Snyder training differently, using different Agility-based methods, I predict that he would become more 'well-rounded', and begin to execute his shots differently, which modifies his look... which lessens the impact of all the film study.  Change isn't always bad... now go back to the Brawndo."

Yes, Parkour will teach him how to shoot while jumping off a wall or running up a slide lol.

That stuff might be good for warm-ups and change of pace... but if you want to have a better offense, you should practice wrestling.  Not parkour.

8 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

And you know all...

No... I'm sharing my opinion...  You're the jackhole that attacked a simple sharing of an opinion.  I never said that anyone was stupid, or dumb, or whatnot for not following my opinion, but I'm going to defend my opinion and articulate why.  If you can't take it... don't dish it... 

4 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

"By Snyder training differently, using different Agility-based methods, I predict that he would become more 'well-rounded', and begin to execute his shots differently, which modifies his look... which lessens the impact of all the film study.  Change isn't always bad... now go back to the Brawndo."

Yes, Parkour will teach him how to shoot while jumping off a wall or running up a slide lol.

That stuff might be good for warm-ups and change of pace... but if you want to have a better offense, you should practice wrestling.  Not parkour.

on this topic, the obvious answer is "no **** sherlock"... if you can't wrap your mind around the notion that doing something other than bench pressing or deadlift is good for you, then this conversation is effectively over, and you're coming across as either a.) a naive 12 year old, or b.) an incredibly close-minded person that doesn't even realize that they're coming across as an incredibly close-minded person.  It's not that you care, but your logic and rationale is "flat-earther-esque".

Edited by treep2000

17 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

No... I'm sharing my opinion...  You're the jackhole that attacked a simple sharing of an opinion.  I never said that anyone was stupid, or dumb, or whatnot for not following my opinion, but I'm going to defend my opinion and articulate why.  If you can't take it... don't dish it... 

on this topic, the obvious answer is "no **** sherlock"... if you can't wrap your mind around the notion that doing something other than bench pressing or deadlift is good for you, then this conversation is effectively over, and you're coming across as either a.) a naive 12 year old, or b.) an incredibly close-minded person that doesn't even realize that they're coming across as an incredibly close-minded person.  It's not that you care, but your logic and rationale is "flat-earther-esque".

Strength training is GPP. (General Physical Preparation)  You can never be too strong.  If you think, he needs better offense, the key is to drill different techniques or put different wrinkle in those techniques. That would be SPP (Specific Physical Preparation).  If he wants to keep things fresh, Parkour (lol) as a warmup from time to time would be fine as GPP... but don't expect rock climbing and jumping off of walls and doing the limbo to improve his offense.  Wrestling will do that.

And you miss my point about basketball.  Parkour will not improve a highly trained athlete's agility on a wrestling mat any more than basketball will increase someone's height. Neither of these things is causal.  

Edited by AHamilton

5 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

You can never be too strong. 

But you can become too inflexible. 

I have read this debate and you are missing his point. He isn't suggesting Snyder specifically do exactly what you see in parkour competitions, just that Snyder do somethings that are not exactly dead lifts or squats or power cleans or the like. And treep is a big Ohio State fan, so he is not trashing Kyle Snyder. I can't even see what the man said that make you believe he's "trashing" Snyder. You are off base with that criticism. 

2 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

And I'm done.  People come to this board to read about Dan Kolov results... not to read Treek trashing an Olympic champ and his training methods.

Good day, Sir!

thread hijacking for sure.

I believe strongly there should be a limit to the number of times (or total points) you can score through consecutive leg-laces or turns by gut or similar moves.  

Why is there no general consensus on this point?  And, no, the response, shouldn't be "Don't get put in that position".

Edited by dmm53

21 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

Molinaro gave up a late lead giving up 2 TD's and a turn in the final 30 seconds to lose something like 15-10.

i thought he was "butt pinned" with 0.7 seconds left or something... that's what it looked like to me

Just now, treep2000 said:

i thought he was "butt pinned" with 0.7 seconds left or something... that's what it looked like to me

He tried a throw for four, but Rassadin hooked his leg and landed on his chest

Frank should've won the match tbh. He was in deep on his patented left hand shot with a late lead and appeared he didn't have enough steam to finish it and allowed his opponent time to counter into his own TD. Then the late 4

So, the summary of Day 2 FS elimination round results are as follows?

57:  Gilman places about as low as possible (lost to a guy, who lost to a guy, who lost to a guy in the QF, who lost to a guy in the SF)

65:  JO makes the final, beating 2 Americans along the way.

74:  Burroughs makes the final against Bekzod, beating Chamizo in his 2nd match 

1 minute ago, DuckFor2 said:

Frank should've won the match tbh. He was in deep on his patented left hand shot with a late lead and appeared he didn't have enough steam to finish it and allowed his opponent time to counter into his own TD. Then the late 4

I thought he definitely gassed... and I also agree he should have won.  He has the skills, for sure.  That initial double and dump was nice.  Rassadin was rolling him around quite a bit though.

1 hour ago, dmm53 said:

I believe strongly there should be a limit to the number of times (or total points) you can score through consecutive leg-laces or turns by gut or similar moves.  

Why is there no general consensus on this point?  And, no, the response, shouldn't be "Don't get put in that position".

Well--Colon certainly can't be the guy to complain about this. Having no limit on consecutive guts basically won him his bronze medal.  

9 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Here are the draws for the final day.  Snyder vs. Walz in first round.  Well, that stinks.  Travel really far to wrestle another American/teammate. 

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2019/March/01/Final-12-USA-wrestlers-get-draws-in-Bulgaria

Way too much of that in this tournament.  Almost feels intentional at this point.  

What score would you guys predict for the Walz/Snyder match given Snyder's most recent performances?

15 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Way too much of that in this tournament.  Almost feels intentional at this point.  

What score would you guys predict for the Walz/Snyder match given Snyder's most recent performances?

7-1.