VakAttack

Iowa-Wisconsin

125:  Lee FALL Rotondo

133:  Desanto MDEC Lantz - Unfortunately, ADS did not behead Lantz and carry it around on a pike to celebrate.

141:  Turk MDEC Cullen

149:  Lugo DEC Martion in OT

157:  Young MDEC Model

165:  Marinelli DEC Wick in OT - Marinelli is just a bit better, but Wick has a great equalizer with his top wrestling.  Marinelli got a late reversal, so maybe he'll be more confident in that going forward.  Really great match.

Just now, Perry said:

Did marinelli stall on bottom the whole 2nd period again or nah? Glad to see him win, big fan of his but he stalls like crazy on bottom vs wick

He almost reversed him once in the second period, and afterwards, kept basing up, then Wick would throw the leg in and belly him out, and then Marinelli would get out of it and base up, rinse and repeat.  That was in the second period after Wick chose top.  When Wick got on top in the third off a shot that was dangerously close to a caution, Marinelli reversed him.

Just now, dmm53 said:

Marinelli should have been hit for stalling in the second period.  Would have given Wick the win since Marinelli was called for it later.  

Completely disagree.  What exactly was Wick doing to warrant getting a stalling call?  He threw a leg in and did nothing until Marinelli cleared it and based up, over and over.

6 minutes ago, Perry said:

Did marinelli stall on bottom the whole 2nd period again or nah? Glad to see him win, big fan of his but he stalls like crazy on bottom vs wick

Yes, he did.  If that match was at Carver and situation was reversed, the ref would have called at least one stall call and likely two or three in the second period.  No question about it. 

Just now, VakAttack said:

Completely disagree.  What exactly was Wick doing to warrant getting a stalling call?  He threw a leg in and did nothing until Marinelli cleared it and based up, over and over.

The fact is that would be called almost every time elsewhere.   Wick was worked for the cradle or tilt.  Marinelli bellied out.   

Just now, dmm53 said:

The fact is that would be called almost every time elsewhere.   Wick was worked for the cradle or tilt.  Marinelli bellied out.   

Wick wasn't working for anything.  He never even tried to hip over.  Marinelli is not required to throw himself into Wick's cradle, he's require to work to escape, which he did consistently.   And if he doesn't get called on the road in Wisconsin's gym....lol.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Do you agree that usually in the same situation the stall calls happen?

I actually don't like how they call stall calls in general (standing stall calls when a guy is trying to get the other guy down is not stalling, stalling on bottom is called too often when the top guy isn't trying to turn and they should call a stall every time people go out of bounds standing like the step out rule), but they almost always cal at least 1 stall call when a guy gets ridden out like that ,especially if he is on his belly for a good portion of it. Doesn't mean Marinelli was stalling according to my definition. 

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Do you agree that usually in the same situation the stall calls happen?

I actually don't like how they call stall calls in general (standing stall calls when a guy is trying to get the other guy down is not stalling, stalling on bottom is called too often when the top guy isn't trying to turn and they should call a stall every time people go out of bounds standing like the step out rule), but they almost always cal at least 1 stall call when a guy gets ridden out like that ,especially if he is on his belly for a good portion of it. Doesn't mean Marinelli was stalling according to my definition. 

I mean...he was in Wick's gym in the biggest match of the dual.  I don't think you can call him based on that action.  He's improving his position.

EDIT:  To be clear, if it had been called, I wouldn't have been shocked, even though I don't think it was stalling.  Marinelli was working the entire time.

Edited by VakAttack