VakAttack

Iowa-Wisconsin

53 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Not nihilism. It's sports. It has no value to spectators outside of entertainment. We are not samurai. Whether Iowa is successful or not changes nothing of substance about my life, nor should it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wish more sports fans had this perspective.

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Not nihilism. It's sports. It has no value to spectators outside of entertainment. We are not samurai. Whether Iowa is successful or not changes nothing of substance about my life, nor should it.

Vak - thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  We are watching entertainment people.  Too many people on these boards have their lives so freakin wrapped up in entertainment.  It’s sport people!  Relax and get off these boards ... go do something a bit more productive!!

Come back and appreciate the sport and the entertainment it provides.  Cheer on your team and freakin have a good time with your other fans.  As opposed to jumping at any opportunity to be enraged, cry foul, or find ways to insult and demean. 

Lighten up!!

6 hours ago, nom said:

Vak - thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  We are watching entertainment people.  Too many people on these boards have their lives so freakin wrapped up in entertainment.  It’s sport people!  Relax and get off these boards ... go do something a bit more productive!!

Come back and appreciate the sport and the entertainment it provides.  Cheer on your team and freakin have a good time with your other fans.  As opposed to jumping at any opportunity to be enraged, cry foul, or find ways to insult and demean. 

Lighten up!!

well said sir!

15 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I'm sure he was salty.  Hillger stalled on top of him (while Stoll, admittedly, also stalled on bottom), but the reaction to the Nudge of Doom, even if it was intentional, was escalating.

Stall: Weak effort ///  Lost /// Went for tough guy routine /// Took a 100% deserved minor push. 

Vak:  Throw out a canard ///  Lose that one in the age of ubiquitous video /// Manly "nudge of doom" comment /// Shot down. 

The Hawkeye 4-step process to oblivion (patent applied) 

9 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Stall: Weak effort ///  Lost /// Went for tough guy routine /// Took a 100% deserved minor push. 

Vak:  Throw out a canard ///  Lose that one in the age of ubiquitous video /// Manly "nudge of doom" comment /// Shot down. 

The Hawkeye 4-step process to oblivion (patent applied) 

You forgot deflect to the "bigger picture" in life argument.  Really hammers home the mentality of the Hawk fans. 

40 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

You forgot deflect to the "bigger picture" in life argument.  Really hammers home the mentality of the Hawk fans. 

Yeah.  Or maybe it's just about me.  One thing that's obvious is that Hawkeye fans don't really care about wrestling that passionately.  Real mild-mannered folk.

48 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

That's in Beta.  SquawkEye v2.0  - Bluetooth and Alexa compatible.  Uses reverse AI.  Powered by HFCS.  

17 hours ago, VakAttack said:

This is supreme BS and just a horrid argument.  The discussion is not about whether Iowa is successful, it is about getting there while also doing the right  thing.  To diminish that argument by intimating that this "value" system is just one of many equals in society is the gold standard of false equivalency.    Sports has great value - winning and losing, playing fair, not being a complete dbag (Terry), doing the right thing (No default after an inadvertent slam, Jack Nicklaus giving the putt, the gal who helped a fallen competitor finish a race on the track, etc.)  To argue it does not for the purpose of reinforcing the cretin coaching standards at U of I is beyond the pale and over the shark.  And the primary reason everyone roots against Iowa.  It has nothing to do with their past success.  

55 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

This is supreme BS and just a horrid argument.  The discussion is not about whether Iowa is successful, it is about getting there while also doing the right  thing.  To diminish that argument by intimating that this "value" system is just one of many equals in society is the gold standard of false equivalency.    Sports has great value - winning and losing, playing fair, not being a complete dbag (Terry), doing the right thing (No default after an inadvertent slam, Jack Nicklaus giving the putt, the gal who helped a fallen competitor finish a race on the track, etc.)  To argue it does not for the purpose of reinforcing the cretin coaching standards at U of I is beyond the pale and over the shark.  And the primary reason everyone roots against Iowa.  It has nothing to do with their past success.  

I have a hard time completely understanding this because I am not very smart but I am also not sure I completely agree?  If Iowa was never good, do you think they would get just as much criticism on this board and people cheering against them?  

19 hours ago, VakAttack said:

A top 3-4 program in an era with less in-state talent and the rise of two powerhouse programs?

Is Stoll still injured from that gunshot?  He sure didn't do much.

Say Wick (who will be the 3 seed) beats both Cenzo and the Bull to win Big Tens.  How would NCAAs be seeded?  Would avenging his only 2 losses and beating Cenzo be enough to make Wick the #1 seed?

Just now, rpm002 said:

Say Wick (who will be the 3 seed) beats both Cenzo and the Bull to win Big Tens.  How would NCAAs be seeded?  Would avenging his only 2 losses and beating Cenzo be enough to make Wick the #1 seed?

Avenging losses doesn't matter for seeding other than being a W.  All that matters is your overall win-loss record against other top guys.  Lose by one point at the first open of the year or lose by pin in the Big Ten finals. It counts the same in the seeding criteria. 

1 minute ago, ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying said:

Avenging losses doesn't matter for seeding other than being a W.  All that matters is your overall win-loss record against other top guys.  Lose by one point at the first open of the year or lose by pin in the Big Ten finals. It counts the same in the seeding criteria. 

So I think that's a vote for 1. Bull 2. Wick 3. Cenzo in that scenario?  (Unless maybe Wick beats Bull in a semi and then Bull drops another match to someone else).

Maybe.... my assumption is that there's a pretty decent gap between the top 3 and everyone else.  See, for example, their results against Shields.  Massa lost 7-3, the rest won.

Actually, isn't it kind of crazy that Shields wrestled all 4 of those Big Ten guys, but Wick-Cenzo, Wick-Massa, Cenzo-Bull, and Massa-Bull haven't happened yet this year?

9 minutes ago, tbert said:

Not sure if the top 4 seeds @165 are that important, other than wick probably doesnt want to be #4. One of these days Massa is going to show up again.

I keep waiting for this. It's just bizarre to me that he's fallen off so much. He appears to be healthy this year, but maybe not I guess. He was a monster as a freshman.