VakAttack

Iowa-Wisconsin

2 minutes ago, tightwaist said:

I’d be happy with someone who doesn’t taunt the opposing team.  My bar is real low

His antics are good for a growing sport, there are plenty of other people in wrestling who taunt the other teams

1 hour ago, LemonPie said:

You can see Stoll give a little elbow/forearm nudge

Also tossed an ankle band at Hillger's feet.

pr0y56R.gif

The ankle band toss and elbow/forearm nudge didn't bother me that much.  But I don't think Sam should have turned around and threw his headgear at Hillger. Especially after Trent had just given him a sportsmanlike pat on the back.

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Only if you decide that being animated the way the Brands (and other coaches) are is an inherently bad thing.

You're completely wrong and being willfully ignorant to do it. 

The problem isn't that he is animated, its that he is an obnoxious baby...as modeled by his heavyweight and 33 pounder. 

6 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

The ankle band toss and elbow/forearm nudge didn't bother me that much.  But I don't think Sam should have turned around and threw his headgear at Hillger. Especially after Trent had just given him a sportsmanlike pat on the back.

Is it true Brands has contracted with Nolf to fly in and do an ankle band seminar before B10 & NCAA tournaments?

6 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

You're completely wrong and being willfully ignorant to do it. 

The problem isn't that he is animated, its that he is an obnoxious baby...as modeled by his heavyweight and 33 pounder. 

You saying somebody is wrong does not make it true.

Yeah, Hillger was just doing a Bo Nickal impression. He didn't realize you are supposed to pin the guy before giving the "nice try" pat on the back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ThorsteinV said:

Bobby Telford needs to spend more time with Terry practicing his taunting.  It clearly doesn't come naturally for him.  

At first I was like, "What's the big deal, Coach was just pumped for Marinelli getting the win in OT and pointing at him, etc., that's not taunting?" (Tom - who I like)

Then I saw the little $#!% bird in the back pounding on the scorers table and barking at people. (Terry)

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

Anyone notice Wick was taking off his ankle bands before OT?  Did he think he was losing or winning? 

Pretty sure he thought he was losing based on how hard he was fighting to escape in the last 30-1:00. He probably would have coasted a little more if he thought he was winning.

I was surprised at how quickly he readied himself to wrestle after thinking it was done but he definitely seemed a little out of it. Looked like  he wanted it to be over.

The fact that this thread has been regenerated for 10 years + now and the Iowa program is in the same place it was then............
covers it.
A top 3-4 program in an era with less in-state talent and the rise of two powerhouse programs?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nihilism....you found the only worse argument than northing at all....
come on dude you sound like tBar with a higher IQ.
Not nihilism. It's sports. It has no value to spectators outside of entertainment. We are not samurai. Whether Iowa is successful or not changes nothing of substance about my life, nor should it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Perry said:

Does Stoll have a legit path to NCAAs? With his record being so small and having so many losses can he legit not go to NCAAs with a bad B1G tourney?

Yeah. He's 8-2 and ranked so even if he loses to White he should still get a spot. But unless he beats White and/or has a great Big Ten tournament he probably will have a pretty bad seed.