Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Oklahoma looking much better

It is still early in Roselli’s tenure, but we as fans are impatient and want results quickly, like what we are seeing at ISU and Wisconsin. 

Worth noting that most teams take longer (Cornell, Rutgers, SDSU, Campbell, etc)

anyways...here are the results from the Fresno State dual. It was actually a pretty fun one to watch  I will say Fresno State didn’t look good overall even though they were at home. Even AJ nevills , who got the pin, was down 4-0 early  

125: Christian Moody (OU) Fall 3:30 Jeremy Trinh (Fresno State)
133: Gary Joint (Fresno State) Dec. 2-0 Anthony Madrigal (OU)
141: No. 18 Dom Demas (OU) Tech fall 19-4 (6:54) Chris Deloza (Fresno State)
149: Davion Jeffries (OU) Dec. 5-3 No. 17 Khristian Olivas (Fresno State) 
157: Justin Thomas (OU) Dec. 6-2 No. 19 Jacob Wright (Fresno State)
165: Isaiah Hokit (Fresno State) Dec. 3-0 Jeremy Thomas (OU)
174: Anthony Mantanona (OU) Fall 5:59 Dominick Kincaid (Fresno State) 
184: Jackson Hemaeur (Fresno State) Maj. Dec. 9-1 Kayne MacCallum (OU)
197: Jake Woodley (OU) Dec. 3-1 No. 14 Josh Hokit (Fresno State)
HWT: AJ Nevills (Fresno State) Fall 3:30 Jake Boyd (OU) 

They pulled off 3 upsets against 3 ranked wrestlers. Going j to next week I expect OU to have at least 3 if not 4 ranked guys. 

Demas - on a bit of a slide but is the best chance OU has at an AA

Jeffries - so much potential. Will he take advantage of his final chance? A solid ranked win this late in the season is positive. 

Thomas - has some weird losses but is likely to qualify. Good showing

Woodley - freshman that was highly touted. He expects himself to AA. This is the weight to do it. He has the ability and I’m confident he will AA eventually. His season hasn’t been great but I actually think he is the second most likely to AA. 

That was the, 'best' they've looked all season, albeit it was against Fresno State.  Agreed on Demas, best chance to AA.  Guys have figured out to stay out of the tie-up except for yesterday?   Deloza must not have watched any video on Demas?   

3 hours ago, Housebuye said:

It is still early in Roselli’s tenure, but we as fans are impatient and want results quickly, like what we are seeing at ISU and Wisconsin. 

Worth noting that most teams take longer (Cornell, Rutgers, SDSU, Campbell, etc)

anyways...here are the results from the Fresno State dual. It was actually a pretty fun one to watch  I will say Fresno State didn’t look good overall even though they were at home. Even AJ nevills , who got the pin, was down 4-0 early  

125: Christian Moody (OU) Fall 3:30 Jeremy Trinh (Fresno State)
133: Gary Joint (Fresno State) Dec. 2-0 Anthony Madrigal (OU)
141: No. 18 Dom Demas (OU) Tech fall 19-4 (6:54) Chris Deloza (Fresno State)
149: Davion Jeffries (OU) Dec. 5-3 No. 17 Khristian Olivas (Fresno State) 
157: Justin Thomas (OU) Dec. 6-2 No. 19 Jacob Wright (Fresno State)
165: Isaiah Hokit (Fresno State) Dec. 3-0 Jeremy Thomas (OU)
174: Anthony Mantanona (OU) Fall 5:59 Dominick Kincaid (Fresno State) 
184: Jackson Hemaeur (Fresno State) Maj. Dec. 9-1 Kayne MacCallum (OU)
197: Jake Woodley (OU) Dec. 3-1 No. 14 Josh Hokit (Fresno State)
HWT: AJ Nevills (Fresno State) Fall 3:30 Jake Boyd (OU) 

They pulled off 3 upsets against 3 ranked wrestlers. Going j to next week I expect OU to have at least 3 if not 4 ranked guys. 

Demas - on a bit of a slide but is the best chance OU has at an AA

Jeffries - so much potential. Will he take advantage of his final chance? A solid ranked win this late in the season is positive. 

Thomas - has some weird losses but is likely to qualify. Good showing

Woodley - freshman that was highly touted. He expects himself to AA. This is the weight to do it. He has the ability and I’m confident he will AA eventually. His season hasn’t been great but I actually think he is the second most likely to AA. 

I'm Wisconsin alumn and fan....no way is UW going to match last year's placing in both Big Ten and NCAAs. Just sayin'.  Too many injuries and holes in lineup and guys who left.   On a side note, Hemauer leaving for Fresno looks like a good move for him.

Edited by BadgerMon

3 hours ago, BadgerMon said:

I'm Wisconsin alumn and fan....no way is UW going to match last year's placing in both Big Ten and NCAAs. Just sayin'.  Too many injuries and holes in lineup and guys who left.   On a side note, Hemauer leaving for Fresno looks like a good move for him.

You could be right. Big10s is hard to tell - Wick should place higher (4th last year), Moran will hopefully out place Stickley (RIP, 6th last year), Martin should place vs dnp last year, and Hilger should place too (hvwt dnp last year). 174 and 184 can place too I think. 

At NCAAs, Wisconsin scored 27.5. Will be hard to beat, but also not impossible. It will take Wick placing top 3 and some bonus (16 points). The rest of the team just need 11.5 more. They could have one more AA or just score some advancement and bonus points and get it down. A guy like Moran could get a pin or 2, place 7th and score a good amount of team points.