Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Will Iowa vs OSU have each team’s full lineup?

125 - Lee has sat before. Not confident he shows here, even though he should win by tech. Picc has been looking good and a loss would kill Spencer’s seed. 

133 - DeSanto doesn’t duck, but Brandt’s might ask him to? There is a chance DeSanto loses it if Fix dominates him (which is possible). It could also mess up DeSanto’s seed, although that will mostly come down to his Big10 performance. Seeds really matter at this weight 

165 - I assume Rogers will go out there? Maybe a win solidifies the spot for him?

174 - will Joe wrestle? He is on his way down. He should easily win

184 - jacobe undersized against a r12 at 197? Tough match. 

197 - Weigel needs the matches so I think  he will be there. Warner had some issues, Weigel is a tough style matchup and a win doesn’t do much tho Warner because Weigel won’t be a high seed (even though he is very good). 

285 - seems like Stoll should sit. He isn’t right anid White is a powerhouse plus he attacks legs. Bad style combination for Stoll’is knees. Stoll could win. He isn’t going to get ridden out by White I don’t think. 

Not bashing anyone. Just trying to figure out who we will get to see. I trust the coaches judgement over mine, yours, Flos anyone else’s. 

I could see a lot of guys out of the lineup for both sides. Like it or not that is the world we now live in. Take 133 for instance. In years past a coach would want DeSanto feel what Fix is like. Now coaches seem to think that we can keep our guy away and that might give him an edge because of no familiarity. I don't get how it would help but that seems to be the trend.

I see no way Stoll goes because getting 1 more match won't help him get a spot moving forward. I am guessing that Stoll will wrestle through the B10 tournament to get a slot and then MFF. Give him one last run at NCAA's. 

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

125 - Lee has sat before. Not confident he shows here, even though he should win by tech. Picc has been looking good and a loss would kill Spencer’s seed. 

133 - DeSanto doesn’t duck, but Brandt’s might ask him to? There is a chance DeSanto loses it if Fix dominates him (which is possible). It could also mess up DeSanto’s seed, although that will mostly come down to his Big10 performance. Seeds really matter at this weight 

165 - I assume Rogers will go out there? Maybe a win solidifies the spot for him?

197 - Weigel needs the matches so I think  he will be there. Warner had some issues, Weigel is a tough style matchup and a win doesn’t do much tho Warner because Weigel won’t be a high seed (even though he is very good). 

285 - seems like Stoll should sit. He isn’t right anid White is a powerhouse plus he attacks legs. Bad style combination for Stoll’is knees. Stoll could win. He isn’t going to get ridden out by White I don’t think. 

Not bashing anyone. Just trying to figure out who we will get to see. I trust the coaches judgement over mine, yours, Flos anyone else’s. 

If Iowa sits anyone they probably lose the dual meet.  The only guy who might be out for OSU is G (legit reason) but if he thinks he can win I bet he wrestles. 

16 minutes ago, Bilchuk said:

What happened to Shomers at 157 0r 165?  And Dakota Gear-will he wrestle 184 or 197 or neither?  Are both of these guys replaced?  How good is Wyatt Sheets at 57 vs Shomers?

Shomers was at 65, Roger's is better. Geer is going down to 184, can't make it till B12.  You have heard the Sheets name before, correct? And as said Shomers 65, can't make 57, Sheets better.

Edited by ionel

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Not saying he will, but I kinda feel like Picc is more likely to sit out than Lee.  Being undefeated and if he wins Big 12’s, he might have an argument to be seeded ahead of him.

Have you ever seen John duck guys.  This is the big rival match of the year.  Think you've been watching too much b10 wrestling.  ;)

15 hours ago, ionel said:

Shomers was at 65, Roger's is better. Geer is going down to 184, can't make it till B12.  You have heard the Sheets name before, correct? And as said Shomers 65, can't make 57, Sheets better.

Thanks Ionel.  So Shomers is out?  And Geer wrestles at 184 instead of Jacobe?  Just wasn't sure how these transfers were going to fit in and where?  Still wonder if neither will wrestle at Big12's.

Just now, Bilchuk said:

Thanks Ionel.  So Shomers is out?  And Geer wrestles at 184 instead of Jacobe?  Just wasn't sure how these transfers were going to fit in and where?  Still wonder if neither will wrestle at Big12's.

Pretty certain Geer won't wrestle till B12, he is not beating Weigel, but if theres an injury ...  Personally I am not convince that Joe will get to 165, which then still sets up a 174 decision, which could affect 184.  But the current wt drop appears to be all about 165, leaving Jacobe & Dakota with 74 & 84, but we shall see.

21 minutes ago, ionel said:

Pretty certain Geer won't wrestle till B12, he is not beating Weigel, but if theres an injury ...  Personally I am not convince that Joe will get to 165, which then still sets up a 174 decision, which could affect 184.  But the current wt drop appears to be all about 165, leaving Jacobe & Dakota with 74 & 84, but we shall see.

Thanks Again-

I'm new to Ok State wrestling (although being from PA I have been watching for a while)  So Shomers takes the 165 spot if Joe can't make it back down there?  Can you throw me who you think the lineup will be or how you think it all shakes out, especially at 157-197?

14 minutes ago, Bilchuk said:

Thanks Again-

I'm new to Ok State wrestling (although being from PA I have been watching for a while)  So Shomers takes the 165 spot if Joe can't make it back down there?  Can you throw me who you think the lineup will be or how you think it all shakes out, especially at 157-197?

Sheets is 57, Rogers is 65 (Shomers was just filling in till Roger's came back).  They bumped Jacobe & Geer up to 84 & 97 because of Weigel injury.  Weigel is back so Jacobe & Geer going back down, this has been the case for a few weeks. All started wt drop so as to make it by B12 as per wt loss protocol.

Edited by ionel

11 hours ago, jon_osu said:

rib injury on february 8

Can't be hurt too bad if Smith is going to throw him out there vs a top 10 opponent in a meaningless late season non-conf. dual (Feb. 16 vs Mizzou), with little to gain and a lot to lose.

Edited by KCMO2

On 2/18/2019 at 12:22 PM, Housebuye said:

Really hope 133 is on. Should be a fantastic match-up of styles. I'm guessing DeSanto's pace and pressure will open up the arsenal of Fix. And DeSanto has looked dominant. Should be a really fun match.

Hope to see all the varsity guys in this dual. 

16 hours ago, Bilchuk said:

Do John Smith's guys usually wrestle up a little throughout the season and then go down for the championships?   Seems like that is what youa re proposing here-?

Smith’s teams usually suck weight like it’s still the 80s

On 2/18/2019 at 7:37 PM, Gantry said:

I think everyone is going except maybe Stoll depending on score, I stake my reputation on it. 

Yeah, but your reputation is that of a mat-town snake oil salesman, a huxster, a con man.

JK, had to crack on the reputation comment :D