Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CrewWrestling

IOWA 12 - OKST 18

Recommended Posts

If we’re lucky enough to see a full lineup from both squads which is highly unlikely imo. I could see Iowa sitting a number of starters as it’s an away meet. 

125 Lee dec. Picc     3-0

133 DeSanto dec. Fix     6-0

141 Brock dec. Turk/Murin     6-3

149 Gfeller dec. Lugo     6-6

157 Young dec. Shomers     9-6

165 Marinelli dec. Rogers     12-6

174 Smith dec. whomever     12-9

184 Smith dec. Wilke     12-12

197 Weigel dec. Warner     12-15

285 White dec. Stoll     12-18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Different result, different path.

125 Lee LBD. Picc     0-3

133 DeSanto LBD Fix     0-6

141 Turk/Murin LBD Brock     0-9

149  Lugo LBD GFeller     0-12

157 Young WBD. Sheets     3-12

165 Marinelli WBD Rogers     6-12

174 iWhomever WBD Whomever     9-12

184 Wilke LBD Smith     9-15

197 Warner LBD Weigel 9-18

285 Stoll LBD White     9-21

Edited by Plasmodium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

Same result, different path.

125 Lee LBD. Picc     0-3

133 DeSanto LBD Fix     0-6

141 Turk/Murin LBD Brock     0-9

149  Lugo LBD GFeller     0-12

157 Young WBD. Sheets     3-12

165 Marinelli WBD Rogers     6-12

174 iWhomever WBD Whomever     9-12

184 Smith WBD Wilke     9-15

197 Weigel  WBD Warner     9-18

285 White WBD Stoll     12-18

When did White and Stoll transfer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

With the upper weights of OSU possibly dropping weight classes, but not being able to be at those new weights until conferences will this effect how they perform against Iowa?

I honestly don’t think it will matter at 74 & 84. Joe Smith is better than whomever Iowa fields even giving up 6+lbs. Jacobe no doubt will have zero issue giving up weight, dude has muscles growing out of his eyeballs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ionel said:

When was the last time Marinelli bonused Rogers or any other top 10 wrestler?

That's a good point.  In his career, Marinelli's best bonus point win is probably against Nick Wanzek. 

Edited by LemonPie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

125 Lee dec. Picc 3-0 Iowa

133 Fix dec. Desanto 3-3

141 Brock dec. Murin/Turk 6-3 OSU

149 Lugo dec. Gfeller 6-6 (I have a weird feeling about Lugo here, not much to justify it though)

157 Young dec. Sheets 9-6 Iowa

165 Marinelli dec. Rogers 12-6 Iowa

174 Smith maj. Bowman 12-10 Iowa

184 Smith dec. Wilcke 13-12 OSU (this could go the other way, Wilcke is sneaky good)

197 Weigel maj. Warner 17-12 OSU (scoreless on their feet, Warner chooses neutral, Weigel chooses top, gets two turns and riding time)

285 White dec. Stoll 20-12 OSU

This could be an epic dual. I don't think there's a single match that I'm completely confident in one guy or the other. Going to be nerve wracking for both fan bases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

That's a good point.  In his career, Marinelli's best bonus point win is probably against Nick Wanzek. 

The only way this happens is if Rogers gasses from being out of action for a while. Not betting on it. Could be his last time in a Cowboy singlet, so I think he'll be ready to go. I think there's a better chance of Rogers pinning Marinelli in something weird than getting majored.

Edited by qc8223

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ionel said:

When was the last time Marinelli bonused Rogers or any other top 10 wrestler?

I just think that Marinelli has really raised his level of activity this year and Rogers has been known to take a bonus loss or two in his career.


I still like Marinelli by bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeanGuy said:

I just think that Marinelli has really raised his level of activity this year and Rogers has been known to take a bonus loss or two in his career.


I still like Marinelli by bonus.

Sure anything can happen, but do you follow the sport?  Do you know who were the last 2 guys to major Rogers, how many years ago, and what weight class?

Personally I think Marinelli whilst going out to put on ankle bands is going to trip on the mat, hit his head & fail concusion protocol thus resulting in 6pt default.  I've heard it's happened in the past and just as likely Sunday as any other day.

So yeah, I'm going Rogers by default.  ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do know that Chandler Rogers didn't give up bonus points in 2017-18 but that in 2016-17 he was majored by Vincenzo Joseph, pinned by Austin Mathews without looking it up.

I respect that you disagree.

Hopefully they wrestle and we will know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

I do know that Chandler Rogers didn't give up bonus points in 2017-18 but that in 2016-17 he was majored by Vincenzo Joseph, pinned by Austin Mathews without looking it up.

I respect that you disagree.

Hopefully they wrestle and we will know.

A pin is not a major but you are half way there, got to go back & bit further but look at same wrestling room.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

125 Lee pin Picc     6-0 Iowa

133 Fix dec DeSanto     6-3 Iowa

141 Brock dec. Turk/Murin     6-6

149 Gfeller dec. Lugo    9-6 OKST

157 Young dec. Shomers 9-9

165 Marinelli dec. Rogers     12-9 Iowa

174 Smith dec. whomever     12-12

184 Smith dec. Wilke     15-12 OKST

197 Weigel dec. Warner    15-15

285 White dec. Stoll     18-15 OKST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PSUMike said:

125 Lee pin Picc     6-0 Iowa

133 Fix dec DeSanto     6-3 Iowa

141 Brock dec. Turk/Murin     6-6

149 Gfeller dec. Lugo    9-6 OKST

157 Young dec. Shomers 9-9

165 Marinelli dec. Rogers     12-9 Iowa

174 Smith dec. whomever     12-12

184 Smith dec. Wilke     15-12 OKST

197 Weigel dec. Warner    15-15

285 White dec. Stoll     18-15 OKST

Where do you get Shomers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PSUMike said:

125 Lee pin Picc     6-0 Iowa

133 Fix dec DeSanto     6-3 Iowa

141 Brock dec. Turk/Murin     6-6

149 Gfeller dec. Lugo    9-6 OKST

157 Young dec. Shomers 9-9

165 Marinelli dec. Rogers     12-9 Iowa

174 Smith dec. whomever     12-12

184 Smith dec. Wilke     15-12 OKST

197 Weigel dec. Warner    15-15

285 White dec. Stoll     18-15 OKST

Your predictions should have a 21-12 score, right? You gave Iowa 3 points with Warner’s loss to Weigel to tie the dual 15 a piece she. That would actually have put OSU up 18-12 before White/Stoll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...