Jump to content
Jimmy Cinnabon

If Suriano had transferred to Iowa instead of Rutgers

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

What if Napoleon had use of tactical nukes at Waterloo...

Whatever was left of the British forces would have retreated back across the channel, the Prussians would've been decimated, and Napoleon would have then turned his armies against the Austrians and Russians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DEFan79 said:

I think Austin Gomez can beat Suriano as well.   I think the book on Suriano now is avoid the TD in the first but make him work, and then you'll get an opening or two in third as he tires and slows down.  His muscles require a lot of oxygen!

I've only seen him get tired one time and that was in Carver. He had plenty of gas left in the Micic and Fix matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Clearly, Suriano is your guy and you want to defend him.  Care to do a sig bet on whether Suriano wins NCAAs this year at 133?

Jaja.   

Stilll long odds on any one person winning it outright before the brackets are set.   Ill make it if he's in the finals or any other single match u want when thr ncaas come

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScarletKnight said:

Jaja.   

Stilll long odds on any one person winning it outright before the brackets are set.   Ill make it if he's in the finals or any other single match u want when thr ncaas come

 

You'll bet that he makes the finals?  If so, I accept.  Let's bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah, I'm not ready to say Suriano has a gas tank issue for getting tired in Carver against probably the most high paced wrestler in college wrestling.

Max Dean.  Heck I’ll make a thread about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suriano transfer to Rutgers is more beneficial for the State of NJ Wrestling than if he stayed at Penn State or went to Iowa.  He can help keep (some) of the elite wrestlers from Bergan Catholic in state.  Obviously being in a more competitive room is better for his wrestling but  he's where he wants to be. 

Edited by bp2xbw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

You'll bet that he makes the finals?  If so, I accept.  Let's bet.

I think he will but I don't want to make bets with terrible odds.

If he makes the finals, I will bet on him and you can bet on his opponent.  I will bet on him against you for any other individual match you want as well in the NCAAs (semis or quarters for example)

 

Actually I do think there has been some confidence issues with him as of late.  He seemed content losing by 1 point to Micic and didn't exactly go all out to win in the final seconds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bp2xbw said:

Suriano transfer to Rutgers is more beneficial for the State of NJ Wrestling than if he stayed at Penn State or went to Iowa.  He can help keep (some) of the elite wrestlers from Bergan Catholic in state.  Obviously being in a more competitive room is better for his wrestling but  he's where he wants to be. 

 

Well, he's 0 for 5 with the Bergen Catholic wrestlers who wrestled for State Titles in 2018.

Josh McKenzie, Yale

Chris Foca, Iowa State

Shane Griffith, Stanford

Jacob Cardenas, Cornell

Robbie Howard, Penn State

None of them chose Rutgers and none even stayed in NJ. Just sayin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

I think he will but I don't want to make bets with terrible odds.

Wow, I guess you aren't as optimistic as I thought.

Even as someone who could be called a Suriano-basher I wouldn't say he has "terrible odds" to make the finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

 

Well, he's 0 for 5 with the Bergen Catholic wrestlers who wrestled for State Titles in 2018.

Josh McKenzie, Yale

Chris Foca, Iowa State

Shane Griffith, Stanford

Jacob Cardenas, Cornell

Robbie Howard, Penn State

None of them chose Rutgers and none even stayed in NJ. Just sayin. 

Maybe someday..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

I think he will but I don't want to make bets with terrible odds.

If he makes the finals, I will bet on him and you can bet on his opponent.  I will bet on him against you for any other individual match you want as well in the NCAAs (semis or quarters for example)

 

Actually I do think there has been some confidence issues with him as of late.  He seemed content losing by 1 point to Micic and didn't exactly go all out to win in the final seconds. 

Yeah, because he was tired.  I, for one, could see it.  He was noticeably slower in the third period, compared to Micic who seemed fresh.  His reaction time was way down, which is how Micic shot and scored that TD so quickly and cleanly. 

Edited by DEFan79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suriano has not been the same wrestler since his injury freshman year.. I wonder if he is capable of the relentless attacks he put forth that year. Good god they were fun to watch..

Sometimes it is just what it is. I don't think the room or coaches have as much to do with his level of success as his health does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The room matters.  Had he stayed at PSU or transferred to Iowa he would have improved at a much faster rate.  At Rutgers no one is there to push up...the coaching is not superior...he may not improve enough to ever win it all."

Great take.   You clearly know all. /S

Iowa might have had 2 Champs last night.  Or, stated differently Iowa might have had what Rutgers has - 2 National Champions.

Seriously - quit clogging up the place with this abject, meandering stupidity.  

Edited by TFBJR
1 additional ad hominem attack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the best thing ever on a wrestling message board is when people 'bump'  old, stupid takes.

sincerely.

it probably won't curb stupid takes, but make people think twice. though i doubt Cinnabon gives a rip if he's considered the worst poster on here. 

he snatched it from hammerlock(what#isitnow) and refuses to give it back. 

Edited by Husker_Du

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

the best thing ever on a wrestling message board is when people 'bump'  old, stupid takes.

sincerely.

it probably won't curb stupid takes, but make people think twice. though i doubt Cinnabon gives a rip if he's considered the worst poster on here. 

he snatched it from hammerlock(what#isitnow) and refuses to give it back. 

Thanks.  Hard to understand why this entire thread is not followed up by admissions of error and mea culpas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×