lu1979

Nolf at 70 kg

Nolf has a TREMENDOUS shot at 70kg at this point.  

And... what we do not have a good line of sight into, is that the entire PSU crew took the past year "off" from freestyle (competitively).  But... that doesn't mean they didn't train it in the room.  

If so, Nolf "most likely" progressed.  And... in his naivete, placed Top 4.  This version of Nolf is infinitely better and more confident that the previous versions of Nolf. 

Well, I could see Nolf trying for 74, for the Olympics but if he didn't make the team at that weight, I could see him also trying for 70 for a shot at the 2020 World Championships. 

I don't think it really matters who is coming out of America at 70kg, Russia's top 3 (If the rumors of Ramonov coming back are true) would beat Nolf and Green and Batirov would beat them both as well. 

If Ramonov comes back and goes to 70 for 2019 and 65 for 2020....good luck to everyone! LOL

15 minutes ago, MrDream said:

I don't think it really matters who is coming out of America at 70kg, Russia's top 3 (If the rumors of Ramonov coming back are true) would beat Nolf and Green and Batirov would beat them both as well. 

If Ramonov comes back and goes to 70 for 2019 and 65 for 2020....good luck to everyone! LOL

Why are you so confident in Batirov? He had an incredible draw last year. Don't get me wrong - in his prime, he was the best in the world. Now? I would pick Nolf over him and possible Green. 

Also it doesn't matter if Russia's top 3 can beat our #1. They can't send all 3 to worlds or the Olympics. The US top 3 at 74kg were arguably the best in the world a few years back too. 

Ramonov...well yeah I don't see any American beating him ,but I don't see anyone beating him. 

I will say that nolf's style might challenge the Russian style. His relentless pace will wear them down. the best russians almost certainly are better technically at freestyle than Nolf, but that is usually the case in Russia vs USA matches. We still win often times. Nolf is highly technical, his top game will hopefully transition, and his cardio is some of the best on the planet for wrestling. 

I expect Nolf to win a world medal this year

17 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Why are you so confident in Batirov? He had an incredible draw last year. Don't get me wrong - in his prime, he was the best in the world. Now? I would pick Nolf over him and possible Green. 

Also it doesn't matter if Russia's top 3 can beat our #1. They can't send all 3 to worlds or the Olympics. The US top 3 at 74kg were arguably the best in the world a few years back too. 

Ramonov...well yeah I don't see any American beating him ,but I don't see anyone beating him. 

I will say that nolf's style might challenge the Russian style. His relentless pace will wear them down. the best russians almost certainly are better technically at freestyle than Nolf, but that is usually the case in Russia vs USA matches. We still win often times. Nolf is highly technical, his top game will hopefully transition, and his cardio is some of the best on the planet for wrestling. 

I expect Nolf to win a world medal this year

My point with the Top 3 Russian comment is....I think their top 3 could beat Green or Nolf....so whichever guy "makes" the team would be favored over Nolf/Green, in my opinion. 

Batriov looked great last year.... at least to me. 

I guess we will have to see who goes between weights for the international scene before I will state if Nolf could medal or not. Hopefully he does! 

2 hours ago, MrDream said:

My point with the Top 3 Russian comment is....I think their top 3 could beat Green or Nolf....so whichever guy "makes" the team would be favored over Nolf/Green, in my opinion. 

Batriov looked great last year.... at least to me. 

I guess we will have to see who goes between weights for the international scene before I will state if Nolf could medal or not. Hopefully he does! 

Makes sense to me!

i disagree on Batirov. Glad he took advantage of his draw though. 

Hopefully he does. Love watching that guy.