Sign in to follow this  
Eagle26

Iowa wins Big Ten dual championship

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2019/February/19/PSU-and-Iowa-share-Big-Ten-title-as-NWCA-poll-released

Tied with Penn State, but still both schools equally share the title. If the B1G wants to award this title without scheduling the top teams together, why not just have a special wrestle off for it? Or if you can’t have everyone wrestle, why not make two divisions within the conference and then you could award each one. I’d like to see Penn State get upset, but I don’t think anyone in their right mind would pick Iowa over them in a dual so to share a title almost seems laughable. Do you think Brands is proud of this trophy?

Nice subject line. You are right, nobody in their right mind thinks Iowa would beat PSU. They think the exact opposite. 
The Big Ten Tournament will sort things out. Lopsidedly.
Why not use the football divisions and wrestle off for a true champion?

The fact Iowa didn't wrestle PSU, tOSU, or UM is weak.

I'm not blaming Iowa, but the B1G should have the forsight for this to never have happened.

It's not like Indiana came out of nowhere. It's Iowa and they as well as Nebraska and Minnesota should wrestle UM, tOSU, and PSU every season.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, jchapman said:

TBarr in to remind us that Brands refuses to travel back to PSU as promised in 3...2...1...

You did it for me. Thnx.

Btw, aren' t you even a little weary your Badgers only scored 2 points in their dual with Iowa? Kind of shocks the system, no?

Edited by TBar1977

6 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I think you enjoy this msg. board more than Sunday's dual. 

I enjoy it more than the UW vs PSU dual when Carl ducks Wick after seeing Lee get beat by Moran.

Edited by jchapman

Forget divisions. They are not working in FB because of the huge imbalance between the East and West. I would just prefer having a mandatory open weekend at the end of the dual meet season and have a final dual between the two best teams that year.

9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Nice subject line. You are right, nobody in their right mind thinks Iowa would beat PSU. They think the exact opposite. 

The Big Ten Tournament will sort things out. Lopsidedly.

Penn State sucks at Big10s because they always had holes, but were dominant in their weights. 

Problem for everyone else is now they only have 1 hole (125). Depending on seeds, PSU could have finalists at:

133 (long shot, but possible)

141 (possible, but Lee will need to beat either McKenna or Ill)

149 (possible but will need to beat Ashnault or Micah)

157-174 (lock)

184 (possible, but would need to beat Martin, Parker and/or Venz plus Shakur is clearly off/injured. At his best it would be interesting vs everyone but Martin I think)

197 (Lock)

285 (likely)

beat guess is PSU has 6 finalists. Could have up to 9, but they tend to underperform at Big10s. I’ve been running a few scenarios and it is almost impossible to beat them this year unless one of their hammers doesn’t score placement points. 

Prediction

PSU: 6 finalists, 9 placers

tOSU: 4 finalists, 10 placers

Iowa: 2 finalists, 8 placers

i think it will be a race for 2nd, but first is locked up

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

I enjoy it more than the UW vs PSU dual when Carl ducks Wick after seeing Lee get beat by Moran.

Let me see if I have this correct. You liked having neither Wick or Moran win vs Iowa better than having both Wick and Moran win vs PSU? You sure about that? 

43 minutes ago, kgschalhoub said:

Forget divisions. They are not working in FB because of the huge imbalance between the East and West. I would just prefer having a mandatory open weekend at the end of the dual meet season and have a final dual between the two best teams that year.

How do you determine the two best? How many teams are invited to the open?

i really want a dual championship too. I kind of like the Big champ vs the other champ, as it adds another layer to the dual. They can have a trophy that gets passed back and forth or something and they display it at the Big10s prominently if the Big owns it

53 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Let me see if I have this correct. You liked having neither Wick or Moran win vs Iowa better than having both Wick and Moran win vs PSU? You sure about that? 

You do not have it correct.  I enjoy this message board more than seeing Cenzo duck Wick.  I was responding directly to your post about me enjoying this message board more than the UW vs Iowa Dual.

53 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Cenzo didn’t weigh in, so there is way what you are saying is accurate

I am entirely accurate.  I saw Moran beat Lee.  I then saw a back up lose to Wick.  Are you saying it isn't a duck if the wrestler doesn't weigh in?

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Gotcha, except I don't agree that Cenzo ducked. He doesn't duck anyone. 

Of course it is a little bit of tongue and cheek on my part.  I really wanted to see Wick wrestle Cenzo.  I get that he might have been sick, he also didn't wrestle the Friday before.  However, one of the main group-think themes on this board this season is "ducking".

In my humble opinion, Cenzo ducked Wick - without question. The guy barely got past Marstellar in SV recently. Losing to Wick screws up his ranking which is why he sat out.

Prediction, as a serious PSU fan, after watching the Wick / Marinelli match - Marinelli meets Cenzo in the Big 10 finals, and beats him, then does it again at the NCAA’s. 

How do you determine the two best? How many teams are invited to the open?
i really want a dual championship too. I kind of like the Big champ vs the other champ, as it adds another layer to the dual. They can have a trophy that gets passed back and forth or something and they display it at the Big10s prominently if the Big owns it
The East vs West would work for wrestling.

West: Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin.

East: PSU, Ohio State, UM , Rutgers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk