MedicineMan

How does Marinelli...

Yianni started the season with something like that (but a bit slimmer), and apparently he hated it.  It really screwed up his style of wrestling; perhaps
the Bull isn't as affected in his own style.

I'm curious as to  what the heck that thing is protecting...

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

Pffft. He probably doesn't even NEED the leg brace. Probably just using it to goad the opponent into focusing on attacking that leg. I knew a guy in HS that did 

Edited by ionel

8 minutes ago, Perry said:

A smart wrestler would attack the good leg and make their opponent balance and hop around on the bad one

Where the hell were you with that advice when I could've used it in 1981/82? One of my rivals, 5-0 vs me, had a knee brace that I attacked like a brainless buffoon every single time.

Oh wait, you did say "a smart wrestler".

Edited by TobusRex

I wonder: might braces (head wraps, etc.) sometimes be emotional support objects (like domesticated or trained animals who are taken along by a passenger on a plane) for some wrestlers.

I bet there are plenty of guys who have invested a particular pair of socks or headgear or warmups with superstitious power. 

Aside: I once wrestled a kid at a tournament in Benton, PA who had his girlfriend's photo taped to his sock.   I have no idea why he did that or even how it got past the referee (who seemed not to notice it), but you could actually see her image (approximately 4" x 6")  through the transparent tape.  The last thing the older guys from my school said to me before I took the mat was, "There is no way you are going to lose to this kid."   Right off the whistle, I ankle-picked the leg with the photo and took him down.  (It just now occurs to me that maybe it was a girlfriend or relative who had recently died.)

2 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Where the hell were you with that advice when I could've used it in 1981/82? One of my rivals, 5-0 vs me, had a knee brace that I attacked like a brainless buffoon every single time.

Not much of a rivalry...

7 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Last year Spencer removed his knee brace right before the post season, ascended into superhuman form, and blew through the bracket with ease.

Perhaps ol' Bull is planning a similar stunt.  

From what I’ve heard, marinelli’s brace will absolutely not be coming off until he has surgery. 

He really shouldnt even be wrestling. I’d love to see him at full health. 

6 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Sounds like your rival had the heart of a champion. Did he ever go on to make varsity at his high school?

40 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Which begs the question. If Jesus was a wrestler, would he be a Hawkeye, Gopher or Nittany Lion?

What would his favorite moves be?

Jesus would be a Gopher or Nittany Lion.  Satan would be a Hawkeye.

As to wrestling moves, Jesus is remembered mostly for the crucifix. EDIT: JChapman beat me to it. 

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2