Jimmy Cinnabon

Your favorite wrestler who never won it all

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Haze, Michael Chandler, Dylan Ness, Mike Evans are all guys I loved watching and never won titles.

EDIT:  And Eric Grajales, too.

The thing that amazed me about Mike Evans was this: can you imagine how good he'd have been if he could actually wrestle :D ?  That's not a slam, btw...the guy did more with less technique than anybody has a right to :D

Edited by TobusRex

42 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

The thing that amazed me about Mike Evans was this: can you imagine how good he'd have been if he could actually wrestle :D ?  That's not a slam, btw...the guy did more with less technique than anybody has a right to :D

He should have been a two time finalist, IMO, but instead he was a 3 time 6th placer.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He should have been a two time finalist, IMO, but instead he was a 3 time 6th placer.

He was fun to watch. That whole weight class was great for a few years what with Evans, Perry, Storley, that kid from Nebraska (can't think of his name right now), and I think Matt Brown was in there somewhere, right? Any of those guys was capable of beating the rest. I do remember Perry eking out a close call vs Evans in semifinals one year.

I had a friend in HS that was a lot like Mike Evans. Great athlete, almost complete absence of technique, and very hard to beat :D Some guys are just scrappers.

16 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

He was fun to watch. That whole weight class was great for a few years what with Evans, Perry, Storley, that kid from Nebraska (can't think of his name right now), and I think Matt Brown was in there somewhere, right? Any of those guys was capable of beating the rest. I do remember Perry eking out a close call vs Evans in semifinals one year.

I had a friend in HS that was a lot like Mike Evans. Great athlete, almost complete absence of technique, and very hard to beat :D Some guys are just scrappers.

He arguably had Perry stacked up from neutral, but it went uncalled.  I remember it well, I was screaming at my TV.  Perry was the better guy, but I thought he was pinned.  Ah well.

23 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Kokesh

Yoshi nakamura and Jake Percival. Jared frayer and mike zadick. 149 and 157 were so much tougher in that era than they have been in the last few years! Brian Snyder and Jared Lawrence were probably even better than the previously mentioned four and never won a title.

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He arguably had Perry stacked up from neutral, but it went uncalled.  I remember it well, I was screaming at my TV.  Perry was the better guy, but I thought he was pinned.  Ah well.

The blades definitely touched, but not long enough, was the official story.  Was a fun match to watch.

2 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

Yoshi nakamura and Jake Percival. Jared frayer and mike zadick. 149 and 157 were so much tougher in that era than they have been in the last few years! Brian Snyder and Jared Lawrence were probably even better than the previously mentioned four and never won a title.

Lawrence won a title.

4 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

LOL....Grajales was such a gasser. Was hilarious watching that guy, was happy he finally AA'd his Sr year.

Grajales had a fantastic high school career and was extremely hyped out of high school.  He did gas hard in college but in high school he was fun to watch and was right there with the top guys in high school.  I think he beat Oliver at some point before college and I think he wrestled DT at some point, too.  My memory isn't great but he was right there with those guys up until college if I am remembering correctly.

Ah that’s right, over frayer. I’m thinking of his senior year where he lost to Eric Larkin.  Great wrestler- in an era of so many great 149s his track record against almost  all was outstanding other than Larkin after he moved up ( but had his number going back to high school).