Jimmy Cinnabon

Your favorite wrestler who never won it all

11 hours ago, rpm002 said:

Graff and Colon were both fun to watch.  Totally different styles, but both so strong.

Best thing about Colon was all the Jr High moves he used. Just shows that a good move works no matter the level.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:42 AM, mspart said:

Ray Brinzer comes to mind.

mspart

Ray ran into two of the better wrestlers in US history - Randleman and Les Gutches. I doubt anyone had two tougher opponents to get through. 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, Nellie said:

Eric Tannenbaum

We were near each other in HS and he was supposed to be a multi-time champ. He won Fargo quite a few times and took out the older Tsirtis and Schlatter. We all went to Overtime, which was basically an RTC for high school coached by some guy named Sean Bormet 

1 hour ago, Wrestlingbcpc said:

Did anyone mention Nick Simmons. Like 190-0 in HS, then high placing 4x AA.  Joe Dubuque was always in his way 

Simmons was great. Pretty sure he didn’t lose to Joe though. I think it was Ott and Nickerson the years Dubuque won. 

12 hours ago, Wrestlingbcpc said:

Did anyone mention Nick Simmons. Like 190-0 in HS, then high placing 4x AA.  Joe Dubuque was always in his way 

HS: 211-0 with 178 pins 

His nickname alone is enough to make him a favorite here. 

“East Lansing Strangler”, love it.

7-4-4-3

Edited by D3UC157
Missing info

15 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Thomas Gilman

Could you explain the appeal? He seems bent: https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6305711-iowa-at-oklahoma-state-2019-ncaa-wrestling/videos?playing=6363783&limit=60

*** Apologies, I didn't see the other thread dedicated to this old vid. I would still like to know why you like Gilman.

Edited by jackwebster
To make sure I don't seem like a jerk.

Brandon Slay and Yoshi  Nakamura. Brian Snyder and Yoshi both lost to Becker in the semis and finals when he got the choice and took bottom. Terrible ot rules back then. He ran from Yoshi who beat him during the season and he got the first takedown off a Snyder shot giving him choice. Snyder chased  him all over the mat.