Jimmy Cinnabon

Your favorite wrestler who never won it all

Ian Miller comes to mind. Was shafted out of his opportunity to even try

Edit* I posted before reading others comments but am happy to see I was not alone in respecting ian Miller. Poeta is another one that comes to mind that I wouldn't have thought of but respected massively back in the day. Cool thread.

Edited by Perry

It wasnt Miller's corner that screwed him, it was the officials. They questioned the score multiple times and were told to sit down. The NCAA hid behind the idea that they could have officially challenged the score. What if they had no challenge? The refs were wrong and f'd up big time.

18 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Cory Cooperman, Troy Letters, Jon Trenge, and Derek Zinck immediately come to mind.

C'mon LU alum - Troy won it all in 04 - I'll agree w/ the others and add my favorites Collin Kilrain, Mike Brown & Bobby Sloan

Although many didn't love his personality and the slam call on Mack Reiter didn't help, I was always a big fan of Chris Fleeger. I love the way he wrestled. Very entertaining, explosive, and had a wide variety of attacks. I can't find the match anymore, but I believe it was the NCAA quarters. Fleeger vs Shawn Bunch was like watching two wrestlers shot out of cannons. 

Chad Kraft. I think he was the first 4-time AA at Minnesota.
He had a great shot against Seibert of Illinois, who he had practically owned, but Kraft tore ligaments in his ankle at the start of the Finals match and ended up losing. I think that was his junior year.