Jimmy Cinnabon

Is this the most embarrassing college wrestling match ever?

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Absolutely.

Normally don't respond your your dribble which is on fine display now but the Altons committed before Sunderland was let go, same as Ruth but keep propagandizing.

44 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Normally don't respond your your dribble which is on fine display now but the Altons committed before Sunderland was let go, same as Ruth but keep propagandizing.

Uh, no they didn't. In fact, it was Sanderson's being named head coach at PSU that triggered their commitment. And you are the same trouble making idiot you have always been. 

Sanderson named head coach April 17, 2009. 

https://gopsusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=183

Alton's commit three days later on April 20, 2009.

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2009/04/alton_twins_commit_to_sanderso.html

Was this the all time under achieving weight class? Grajales, A Alton Villalonga? Although I guess (this?) Grajales had the best NCAA result of all the Brandon 200-0 4 time champs.

17 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Uh, no they didn't. In fact, it was Sanderson's being named head coach at PSU that triggered their commitment. And you are the same trouble making idiot you have always been. 

Sanderson named head coach April 17, 2009. 

https://gopsusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=183

Alton's commit three days later on April 20, 2009.

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2009/04/alton_twins_commit_to_sanderso.html

And they were happy that Sanderson being hired made their choice easier.  PSU was their #1 choice and were not that interested in doing additional visits to Iowa and Michigan who were both in their top 3 (before Sanderson was hired).

4 minutes ago, Boompa said:

And they were happy that Sanderson being hired made their choice easier.  PSU was their #1 choice and were not that interested in doing additional visits to Iowa and Michigan who were both in their top 3 (before Sanderson was hired).

The question was whether Sanderson recruited them. He did. 

Grajales was competing in mixed martial arts before taking a coaching job at the first college in Florida to bring back varsity wrestling in the state. So, helping to grow the sport, and in his home state  

Keep taking your jabs from your keyboard folks...

I think it’s ok to be critical of someone’s wrestling skills, sportsmanship, attitude while competing, etc.

I also think it is classless to ridicule a wrestler’s intellect, college attended or type of degree earned, or his career choices. 

I can’t understand why wrestling fans would not want former wrestlers to do well after they are done competing, regardless of the career choices they make. 

I’ve heard that Grajales was actually a good student in high school and college.

Last news I heard on him is that after a brief stint trying out MMA, he became a coach at a DI program.

Sounds like he’s doing ok to me.

1 hour ago, Dr. Novak said:

Grajales has a thriving towel business in Miami.  Sells designer towels to sunburned tourists on the beach.

And you have shown your stupidity to be taken into consideration for all future posts.

(PS- Miami is about as close to Brandon as Philly is to the Taj.)

Just curious, as you sit there and type your negativity, what have you done to give back to the sport?

On 2/21/2019 at 7:15 PM, RichB said:

Was this the all time under achieving weight class? Grajales, A Alton Villalonga? Although I guess (this?) Grajales had the best NCAA result of all the Brandon 200-0 4 time champs.

Franklin Gomez, NCAA Champion for Michigan State wrestled at Brandon, and was a World Silver in 2011. Grajales also was an All American in Senior level Greco at the US Open as a Junior in High School. How'd you do?