Jimmy Cinnabon

Meanest on the mat / nicest off the mat

5 minutes ago, BSUBroncoDynasty said:

Bo Nickal definitely has to be up there with the nicest. He graciously helps wrestlers to their feet after pinning them (see Kollin Moore match as well as Bo's final home match yesterday against Buffalo).

The Buffalo guy didn't seem to like it too much.  He pushed Bo's hands away.  I guess it could be viewed as a bit patronizing.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

The Buffalo guy didn't seem to like it too much.  He pushed Bo's hands away.  I guess it could be viewed as a bit patronizing.

I noticed that too. Perhaps he thought he was being humiliated further, instead of just appreciating it for the friendly gesture that it was by Bo.

19 minutes ago, BSUBroncoDynasty said:

Bo Nickal definitely has to be up there with the nicest. He graciously helps wrestlers to their feet after pinning them (see Kollin Moore match as well as Bo's final home match yesterday against Buffalo).

Bo is kinda over the top with the sportsmanship thing. He's making a serious push for the Hodge, and maybe he thinks that will help.

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Definitely think Bo is doing this with the Hodge in mind.  However patronizing it may seem it is still a lot better than lots of the DeSanto-ish antics that have otherwise happened this year.

I don't think he's meaning to be patronizing. I sometimes helped up other wrestlers when I was wrestling, as I'm sure many others here did.

6 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I don't think he's meaning to be patronizing. I sometimes helped up other wrestlers when I was wrestling, as I'm sure many others here did.

Oh, I agree that Bo is doing it genuinely.  But I know a lot of wrestlers are pissed off after getting pinned and getting a pat on the back from the guy who just decked you isn't very comforting.

6 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I think I'd rather have my opponent shove me down after getting pinned than help me up and half-hardheartedly pat me on the back.  

At least he's not patting them on the butt after helping them up. Gently...with his hand lovingly lingering as he slowly moves it across the gluteusmaximus.....