Sign in to follow this  
Creek chub

Non BIG school who’ll make the most noise at NCAA tourney

A little early but what non BIG school will make the most noise at the NCAA championship? 

Last year, the pack who just beat my VT team on criteria snagged a team trophy. 

Being a homer, with orange and maroon glasses on I’m saying VT will be the highest placing non BIG school. Not saying we’ll get another team trophy though 

what say you?

11 hours ago, Creek chub said:

A little early but what non BIG school will make the most noise at the NCAA championship? 

Last year, the pack who just beat my VT team on criteria snagged a team trophy. 

Being a homer, with orange and maroon glasses on I’m saying VT will be the highest placing non BIG school. Not saying we’ll get another team trophy though 

what say you?

Love to see Tech finish up there again but it's not going to be easy. Probably have to get it done in blood round to get in top 10/closer to top 5. Not sure I see too many Hokies getting to semis. 

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Well but he also said non Big schools, so perhaps he just doesn't follow the sport and doesn't realize both conferences have wrestling?  ;_;

He already admitted OK State would fit the criteria.   He wrote “BIG” 3 times in caps, not “Big.”  BIG usually = Big 10

5 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Utah Valley University?

Their lineup has been all over the place lately. They have been getting destroyed with half their lineup out. Not sure what it will look like next week. 

44 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

He already admitted OK State would fit the criteria.   He wrote “BIG” 3 times in caps, not “Big.”  BIG usually = Big 10

Well there is the BIG 12 and the BIG 10, is that better in all CAPS? ;)

14 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

B1G = Big 10 (that's a '1' in the middle, folks - not an 'I')

… just doing my part to help out!

Yes and you'd think someone claiming to be a bigtenfanboy would know that, but maybe not. ;_;

39 minutes ago, ionel said:

Yes and you'd think someone claiming to be a bigtenfanboy would know that, but maybe not. ;_;

Actually I did know this as I used to type B1G however auto correct would often wipe it out. I replied with BIG because that's how the op posted and spelled it out fully to avoid confusion. 

Moving forward I will type B1G for Big Ten and XII for Big 12. Hopefully that will please you.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

NC state is 11th or around there by the tankers  they would need 27 more points to place (assuming bonus is not a favor)

1. Tariq is ranked not to AA. He could place anywhere. Really hard to tell. Could be 2-20 points. I’ll say 10. 

2. Fausz isn’t ranked to AA. Similar to Tariq but he hasn’t been able to AA before. I’d say possible 0-10 points. 

3. Jamel Morris is on Fire. Dude can beat anyone on top and is pretty solid in the feet. He brings it. Prob won’t AA but he can. It’s his first time in the starting lineup permanently and he is a senior. 0-10 points

4. Oliver is ranked 8th. He could place as 5th, but could also not AA. I think he will. He is a - time AA 2 time r12 in a weak weight. 

5. Hidlay at 4 is fair, but he can place as high as 2. I think he beats Berger next time they wrestle. 0-20 points

6. One of the Bullards will eventually be on the podium. They are getting there. 

7. Reenan May underperform his #4 ranking. He seems injured

8. Senior at 197 trying to make his final push

NC State has had an up and down season, but if they can pull off just a slight overperformance, they are right there. If Tariq is back to his old self, Fausz makes the cut well, one unexpected guy makes the podium (NC state does that) they can be over 80 points

8 hours ago, Housebuye said:

NC state is 11th or around there by the tankers  they would need 27 more points to place (assuming bonus is not a favor)

1. Tariq is ranked not to AA. He could place anywhere. Really hard to tell. Could be 2-20 points. I’ll say 10. 

2. Fausz isn’t ranked to AA. Similar to Tariq but he hasn’t been able to AA before. I’d say possible 0-10 points. 

3. Jamel Morris is on Fire. Dude can beat anyone on top and is pretty solid in the feet. He brings it. Prob won’t AA but he can. It’s his first time in the starting lineup permanently and he is a senior. 0-10 points

4. Oliver is ranked 8th. He could place as 5th, but could also not AA. I think he will. He is a - time AA 2 time r12 in a weak weight. 

5. Hidlay at 4 is fair, but he can place as high as 2. I think he beats Berger next time they wrestle. 0-20 points

6. One of the Bullards will eventually be on the podium. They are getting there. 

7. Reenan May underperform his #4 ranking. He seems injured

8. Senior at 197 trying to make his final push

NC State has had an up and down season, but if they can pull off just a slight overperformance, they are right there. If Tariq is back to his old self, Fausz makes the cut well, one unexpected guy makes the podium (NC state does that) they can be over 80 points

Tariq looked pretty good against Myers. He’s an AA candidate 

renan looked off against ZZ. He got ride like a rented mule.

morris looked pretty good against Moore. Mitch is a true freshman home run hitter though with limited neutral moves 

fausz looked like a 149 # going against prata. Not sure how he makes 125 but a multi day weighin tourney probably will not bode well for him.

oliver looked good but blees isn’t a good measuring stick 

hidlay is solid. Not sure if he had a off night against laprade but he BC got the first TD and gave Hayden all he could handle. In fact he looked a little panicked late in the third until BC took a mental break and gave up the TD with 2 seconds 

2 hours ago, Creek chub said:

Tariq looked pretty good against Myers. He’s an AA candidate 

renan looked off against ZZ. He got ride like a rented mule.

morris looked pretty good against Moore. Mitch is a true freshman home run hitter though with limited neutral moves 

fausz looked like a 149 # going against prata. Not sure how he makes 125 but a multi day weighin tourney probably will not bode well for him.

oliver looked good but blees isn’t a good measuring stick 

hidlay is solid. Not sure if he had a off night against laprade but he BC got the first TD and gave Hayden all he could handle. In fact he looked a little panicked late in the third until BC took a mental break and gave up the TD with 2 seconds 

Agree across the board. This wasn’t just based on the VT dual    

Point is, NC State could score around 90 points with a perfect performance (excluding something like 197 AAing which is extremely unlikely)

while im not predicting it, and probably have Michigan, Missouri and Cornell being ahead in the likelihood of placing top 4, it is still possible