jon_osu

Iowa in Stillwater

2 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I know we're onto #141, but just thinking Lee - I bet he does NOT recover mentally from this, including during the NCAA's. The other upper ranked dudes now know he can be beaten, especially the 3 who already have done so. OK, back to #141

The cardio thing doesn’t make sense to me. You know he works super hard. Last year he had super close gritty battles with nato and was going hard in the 3rd. 

I think he was sick and his mental edge isn’t there for personal reasons (he alluded to having an issue fans weren’t aware of). 

I hope he can put it together by NCAAs, but I’m losing hope

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

The cardio thing doesn’t make sense to me. You know he works super hard. Last year he had super close gritty battles with nato and was going hard in the 3rd. 

I think he was sick and his mental edge isn’t there for personal reasons (he alluded to having an issue fans weren’t aware of). 

It was probably the second, or maybe even the third mono surgery he had this year.  That's gotta be it.

Edited by StallWarning

4 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I know we're onto #141, but just thinking Lee - I bet he does NOT recover mentally from this, including during the NCAA's. The other upper ranked dudes now know he can be beaten, especially the 3 who already have done so. OK, back to #141

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Just now, StallWarning said:

It was probably the second, or maybe even the third mono surgery he had this year.  That's gotta be it.

I really hope its actually comes out whats up. Something is obviously sapping him so the jokes are pretty damn old. You dont go hard 3 periods with NATO, who is pretty strong, but in multiple matches die halfway thru the second.

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

People said he had mono, that can leave devastating effects.

Just now, Molsen said:

I really hope its actually comes out whats up. Something is obviously sapping him so the jokes are pretty damn old. You dont go hard 3 periods with NATO, who is pretty strong, but in multiple matches die halfway thru the second.

Or, and this might sound like crazy talk but maybe, and I can't believe I'm even saying this, but maybe Nick Piccinini just pinned Spencer Lee because he's a really good wrestler.  Maybe Sebastion Rivera is just a really good wrestler.  And maybe, and I know this might be blaspheme, but maybe Spencer Lee is not a god.

5 minutes ago, ExBSUfan said:

Murin doesn’t deserve the tears comment. He’s earned it.

It’s just classic bullying. It’s childish and embarrassing. I get it with DeSanto - he asks for it. Making fun of a kid for getting emotional after failing in front of everyone he knows at the one thing he has built his identity around? It’s weaksauce. 

4 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Or, and this might sound like crazy talk but maybe, and I can't believe I'm even saying this, but maybe Nick Piccinini just pinned Spencer Lee because he's a really good wrestler.  Maybe Sebastion Rivera is just a really good wrestler.  And maybe, and I know this might be blaspheme, but maybe Spencer Lee is not a god.

Lee has looked human vs a bunch of guys he killed or would’ve killed last season. Pretending that people’s success against Lee has nothing to do with Lee is innacurate. 

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Lee has looked human vs a bunch of guys he killed or would’ve killed last season. Pretending that people’s success against Lee has nothing to do with Lee is innacurate. 

Jetlag mono is a serious thing. Worst kind of mono there is. 

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

The only thing it appears to have to do with Lee is that he is not better than these guys on a level that people want him to be.  I like Spencer and think he is incredible but people elevated him to god status and now if he doesn't win it HAS to be because something out of his control is going on because a god couldn't possibly lose.

I think people should prepare themselves for the reality that other guys can beat him and it's not because he has had mono for the second or third time. 

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

It’s just classic bullying. It’s childish and embarrassing. I get it with DeSanto - he asks for it. Making fun of a kid for getting emotional after failing in front of everyone he knows at the one thing he has built his identity around? It’s weaksauce. 

Who is it embarrassing to? You? Me? Everybody on these boards? Everybody in the world? Murin isn’t a kid, he’s a man. A young man, but still a man. I think it was a well timed joke, not a malicious attack on Murin.