jon_osu

Iowa in Stillwater

Just now, StallWarning said:

The only thing it appears to have to do with Lee is that he is not better than these guys on a level that people want him to be.  I like Spencer and think he is incredible but people elevated him to god status and now if he doesn't win it HAS to be because something out of his control is going on because a god couldn't possibly lose.

I think people should prepare themselves for the reality that other guys can beat him and it's not because he has had mono for the second or third time. 

You didn’t address my point at all

He teched picc last year and now gets pinned

he teched rivera last year and now lost 3 takedowns to 0

He teched russel last year and he won 4-0 this year

He gave up a reversal and takedowns to true freshman glory. 

He gave up a takedown vs Alex Mackall

there are plenty of other examples. 

Yes, these guys likely improved, but that doesn’t tell the whole story. 

12 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Or, and this might sound like crazy talk but maybe, and I can't believe I'm even saying this, but maybe Nick Piccinini just pinned Spencer Lee because he's a really good wrestler.  Maybe Sebastion Rivera is just a really good wrestler.  And maybe, and I know this might be blaspheme, but maybe Spencer Lee is not a god.

Unlike the psu wrestlers? Even 100% Lee was not and is not unbeatable, because no one is unbeatable.  But even against nonelite wrestlers Lee looks a bit off. 

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Score last year was 10-5 or something like that Lee got up big and gassed.

7 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Here, I will address your point.  Instead of Spencer Lee being sick (with an illness that you are not supposed to be able to have a second time) all of those guys got BETTER.  You know, they worked on their wrestling.  I know, crazy to think guys can get better not named Spencer Lee.  And in the meantime, Spencer Lee has NOT gotten better.

That explains it.  Occam's Razor.  

Edited by StallWarning

3 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Score last year was 10-5 or something like that Lee got up big and gassed.

I was using the ncaa match. Even if you want to compare that one - lee couldn’t get to his offense this year. Last year he got to it easily in the first. 

2 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Here, I will address your point.  Instead of Spencer Lee being sick all of those guys got BETTER.  You know, they worked on their wrestling.  I know, crazy to think guys can get better not named Spencer Lee.

You think it is more likely lee is the same and everyone else caught up? Or perhaps some of the guys got better but Lee significantly dropped off as well?

4 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Here, I will address your point.  Instead of Spencer Lee being sick (with an illness that you are not supposed to be able to have a second time) all of those guys got BETTER.  You know, they worked on their wrestling.  I know, crazy to think guys can get better not named Spencer Lee.  And in the meantime, Spencer Lee has NOT gotten better.

That explains it.  Occam's Razor.  

Okay, so every single wrestler he's wrestled was able to improve an insane amount, but he could not at all, despite only being a true sophomore, is more believable then the mono rumor which can affect you for months, when he is visably gassing harder then he ever did last year?

Edited by Molsen

4 minutes ago, ThorsteinV said:

During the NCAAs he pinned him though. 

I didn’t get to watch that match but do remember he was pinned does anybody know how the match was going up to that point? Wasn’t it like 3mins in when the fall took place.

5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Do you think chandler was given this spot because he is a 2 time AA senior who won’t be given a post season spot? Total speculation on my part

Question is at what weight (against which J. Smith) will Rogers make his play for post-season?

Edited by lu_alum