jon_osu

Iowa in Stillwater

Just now, Housebuye said:

You think it is more likely lee is the same and everyone else caught up? Or perhaps some of the guys got better but Lee significantly dropped off as well?

I do not think Spencer has dropped off wrestling.  I think he's at the same level he was last year.  I think other guys have gotten better and are working on things specifically to game plan for him.  He's not hard to game plan for because he only has a few things he does.  He just does them really well.  His neutral offense is limited.  He has one shot from a tie and a fireman's.  Both come from the same tie.  His top game is a an arm bar tilt.  That's all he has.  That's how he beats guys.  If you game plan for those specific things (the tie he uses and the arm bar tilt) then you can beat him.  He also has gas tank issues.  If guys are good enough and game plan the right way they can get into the second period with it being close and then every second that ticks off the clock moves the match more in their favor.  Another way to beat him is to be elite from space from neutral like Sebastion Rivera.  He doesn't have to tie up with Spencer to attack his legs.  He can get to his legs and finish without having to deal with his tie.  

Spencer Lee is not the god wrestler everyone makes him out to be.  He is really, really good at a few things that people are well aware of and able to counter now.

Just now, lu_alum said:

question is what weight (and which J. Smith) will Rodgers make his play for post-season?

Valid point

i meant that maybe Joe Smith is a lock at 165 and Jacobe at 174. Due to something unforeseen, there was an opening at 174 for this dual (hard cut for Joe smith to 165 and he wants to sit?) so they allowed chandler to go 174 as his last hurrah. He also has high bonus potential

3 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

I do not think Spencer has dropped off wrestling.  I think he's at the same level he was last year.  I think other guys have gotten better and are working on things specifically to game plan for him.  He's not hard to game plan for because he only has a few things he does.  He just does them really well.  His neutral offense is limited.  He has one shot from a tie and a fireman's.  Both come from the same tie.  His top game is a an arm bar tilt.  That's all he has.  That's how he beats guys.  If you game plan for those specific things (the tie he uses and the arm bar tilt) then you can beat him.  He also has gas tank issues.  If guys are good enough and game plan the right way they can get into the second period with it being close and then every second that ticks off the clock moves the match more in their favor.  Another way to beat him is to be elite from space from neutral like Sebastion Rivera.  He doesn't have to tie up with Spencer to attack his legs.  He can get to his legs and finish without having to deal with his tie.  

Spencer Lee is not the god wrestler everyone makes him out to be.  He is really, really good at a few things that people are well aware of and able to counter now.

Weird take. I think you’ll be proven wrong but we will see. Hadn’t really considered your position 

7 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

I didn’t get to watch that match but do remember he was pinned does anybody know how the match was going up to that point? Wasn’t it like 3mins in when the fall took place.

It would've been 15-1 if Picc got off his back.