jon_osu

Iowa in Stillwater

Not a lot to feel good about for Iowa. Lugo was the bright spot, though I think Desanto and Warner wrestled pretty well in defeat. I've never seen anybody move Fix around the mat like Desanto did. He can absolutely win that match, which would have sounded crazy a few months ago. Warner made a really dumb mistake, but wrestled harder and with more confidence than I've seen him all year. Spencer just isn't spencer right now. The game plan is set and opponents are executing. He has to make adjustments. I think Brock was a bad match up for Murin, who comes forward a ton, but I thought he showed some heart late, which was good to see. Young and marinelli took care of business. Bowman scraps, but isn't very good and it seemed like it was only a matter of time before rogers caught him in something. Wilcke got completely out wrestled, and White is better than Stoll and took care of business.

I thought the official was terrible all meet long. I joked to my father that he's going to be on the middle school mat next week. Can't call it home cooking because he screwed the cowboys just as much as the hawks. Just some bizarre calls. The no 2 in the fix match is inexcusable for a college official. Edge stall calls (or lack thereof) were a disaster. MIssed takedowns in the 184 and 197 match. Looked completely lost out there.

Edited by qc8223

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Was that a new one or from a couple years back? I must have missed it.

It was from a couple years ago, but the always on the ball posters on this website continue to miss that. 

2 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Talk about sophomore slump.

Lee has struggled against every decent opponent he’s faced. 

Lee’s gonna have to start ducking everybody!

hahahaha!

Why does this bring you so much joy? Upset Lee didnt go to your team?

15 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

It was from a couple years ago, but the always on the ball posters on this website continue to miss that. 

They stuck it right next to the Interview with Brands and Smith that were from this week. They also placed the date Feb. 20, 2019 on it.  Plus, Gilman isn't the most captivating speaker so nobody pays him much mind or listens all that closely to his tough guy act begin with.  Blame Flo, not the posters here. 

Edited by TBar1977

18 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Why does this bring you so much joy? Upset Lee didnt go to your team?

nah, not at all - I just watched the match again and that was my immediate reaction, plus Pic is from Suffolk Long Island Section X1 like me so of course I'm in his corner even though I'm currently here in PA. He's not going to win it again this year and I'd bet the farm on it.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

15 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

They stuck it right next to the Interview with Brands and Smith that were from this week. They also placed the date Feb. 20, 2019 on it.  Plus, Gilman isn't the most captivating speaker so nobody pays him much mind or listens all that closely to his tough guy act begin with.  Blame Flo, not the posters here. 

Yep, it was from two years ago.