sansbarksdale

FLOwrestling is an absolute disgrace

Another big match marred by technical difficulties that have been going on for years which it seems they have no interest in fixing. Then you have that absolute clown Christian Pyles take to twitter to talk rudely to people who are upset that they overpay for their garbage product. Honestly this is the product that wrestling fans deserve for accepting and supporting these guys. 

9 hours ago, sansbarksdale said:

Another big match marred by technical difficulties that have been going on for years which it seems they have no interest in fixing. Then you have that absolute clown Christian Pyles take to twitter to talk rudely to people who are upset that they overpay for their garbage product. Honestly this is the product that wrestling fans deserve for accepting and supporting these guys. 

It’s better than nothing. Espn doesn’t want to do it. Feel free to do it better than them but for now they’re the best show in town concerning college wrestling. 

If Flo closed it's doors tomorrow it would not be good for the sport.Flo didn't have control over the broadcast they only did the commentary for the event.The broadcast is done by Oklahoma St the same as when Flo shows BTN plus duals it's the Big 10 broadcast that Flo streams

Edited by justafan

Totally understand just feel like so many people are uninformed about the streams and think  Flo couldn't handle the traffic or  had equipment malfunction. Flo will be scrutinized without a doubt as they should for not making sure Oklahoma St production was sufficient.But to me regardless of the few minutes I may missed it was still better then not being able to see it at all.If Flo didn't have it nobody would've 

9 hours ago, sansbarksdale said:

If you don't like Flo stop paying for it, simple. Vote with your dollars.

14 minutes ago, justafan said:

Totally understand just feel like so many people are uninformed about the streams and think  Flo couldn't handle the traffic or  had equipment malfunction. Flo will be scrutinized without a doubt as they should for not making sure Oklahoma St production was sufficient.But to me regardless of the few minutes I may missed it was still better then not being able to see it at all.If Flo didn't have it nobody would've 

I watched the match on youtube. It was posted on youtube within an hour of ending.

33 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

If you don't like Flo stop paying for it, simple. Vote with your dollars.

That is how you stick it to Flo if you don't like them but constructive criticism is a helpful way to make a better product.

1 minute ago, unbiased said:

That is how you stick it to Flo if you don't like them but constructive criticism is a helpful way to make a better product.

Constructive criticism only works when they listen to the people complaining.

Can't believe the excuses people come up with for Flo.

Fact - At least 50% of the time the feed crashes during college events (seems like 100% for big duals)

Fact - 100% of the time they blame it on factors out of their control (mainly the viewer)

Fact - ESPN produces events at the same campuses without issues.

Fact - Before Flo's contract with OSU, this meet was broadcast on TV. 

STOP GIVING THEM MONEY! 

Edited by ptz305

I just wish they would let you do PPV. I'd like to watch the documentaries but the past year or so I'm only watching probably 5-6 matches a year on TV (usually off BTN) and then Big Tens and NCAAs, so $150 a year is just too steep for me. I'd be willing to do $10/15 for the Iowa - OSU match, as well as one or two more

Flo yearlong lock-in too steep for senior athletes, for chrissake! On Twitter one of the Flobros talks about free accounts for senior athletes but that's ridiculous. Some perspectives: If Flo wants to 'do a solid' for senior athletes then Flo ought to offer the account not demand the athlete do begging / make inquiry. If Flo's lock-in priced too high for even those customers who want/need the product most then it's priced too high period. Even if Flo would make the effort to favor senior athletes, that's not a good thing!

Weirdo Flobros spend tons of time talking trash when Flo as a whole doesn't do what it claims, doesn't provide good service. Yes streaming better than magazines of yore but no Flo not a good thing for """growing the sport""".

Contributor ptz305 makes good points! "Fact - Before Flo's contract with OSU, this meet was broadcast on TV." Even when a few thousand die-hards tune in to the stream, that's not growing the sport!

Edited by jon

11 minutes ago, jon said:

Flo yearlong lock-in too steep for senior athletes, for chrissake! On Twitter one of the Flobros talks about free accounts for senior athletes but that's sleazy in several ways. Some--perhaps not all--examples: If Flo wants to 'do a solid' for senior athletes then Flo ought to offer the account not demand the athlete do begging / make inquiry. If Flo's lock-in priced too high for even those customers who want/need the product most then it's priced too high period. Flo doesn't grow the sport. Weirdo Flobros spend tons of time talking trash when Flo as a whole doesn't do what it claims, doesn't provide good service. Yes streaming better than magazines of yore but no Flo not a good thing for """growing the sport""".

I bought it this year after worrying about all the negatives on the board.  It has been great this far.   I'm 100% with it.  $150 can be a lot though, I get that.

I don't really understand why Senior athletes should get it for free.   Some of these fellows at the highest level are making sweet bank.  They do though and all you need to do is ask - not Beg.  How would you expect them to get it if not inquire?? Does Nike, Adidas, Compound give out unsolicited gear to all Senior Athletes?  That is a bit of inflammatory rhetoric at best.  

I will never understand why the Flo dudes feel they should respond negatively to criticism - even if the source criticism is obnoxious.  To do so is unprofessional in every way.  It always looks bad in black and white, and it lasts forever on the internet.  I know they are younger guys (some of them anyway), but it is just not done.   

Not their job to grow the sport , except for the ancillary benefit of growing their subscription base.   To think otherwise is to nver have had a job in a sales organization. 

3 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

I don't really understand why Senior athletes should get it for free.   Some of these fellows at the highest level are making sweet bank.  They do though and all you need to do is ask - not Beg.  How would you expect them to get it if not inquire?? Does Nike, Adidas, Compound give out unsolicited gear to all Senior Athletes?  That is a bit of inflammatory rhetoric at best.  

I agree with your point that 'free accounts for senior athletes' is weird policy. But that's what Flo claims and so that's why I mention the policy in this thread. Just last night one of the Flobros hypes free accounts but it's no good thing for athletes when athletes don't know even that the perk exists. Flo has all the resources--i.e., lists of athletes who've registered for competition--to implement the 'free accounts' policy in full. They conceal this policy but they sure do talk big on Twitter!

Edited by jon

4 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Not their job to grow the sport , except for the ancillary benefit of growing their subscription base. 

Yes it's not Flo's job to grow the sport. But for Flo to snag contracts means somebody else--whose interests do include growing the sport--is making bad moves.

13 minutes ago, jon said:

Flo yearlong lock-in too steep for senior athletes, for chrissake! On Twitter one of the Flobros talks about free accounts for senior athletes but that's ridiculous. Some--perhaps not all--examples: If Flo wants to 'do a solid' for senior athletes then Flo ought to offer the account not demand the athlete do begging / make inquiry. If Flo's lock-in priced too high for even those customers who want/need the product most then it's priced too high period. Even if Flo would make the effort to favor senior athletes, that's not a good thing!

Weirdo Flobros spend tons of time talking trash when Flo as a whole doesn't do what it claims, doesn't provide good service. Yes streaming better than magazines of yore but no Flo not a good thing for """growing the sport""".

I'm confused, whos begging? I've yet to see a sr level athlete being made to beg for an account, lol. If at all, I see them just simply ask for an account on twitter and it's met with a "shoot us a DM" or something to that degree. I wont disagree that maybe they should offer them out as opposed to waiting for the athletes to ask, that sounds reasonable all things considered I guess. But I also dont know the logistics of something like that, and I wont pretend to. 

Is it "Steep"? That's a matter of opinion and situational. For me personally? Yes, definitely. But its also worth it to me because I love wrestling, and they provide the widest array of coverage to the type of content I want. For others? Im sure it's no problem. I'll tell you right now, comparatively I consider Track steep when I see the cost vs what they offer. Again, its situational and a matter of opinion.

Talking trash? In reference to what? I'll assume youre talking about Pyles yesterday. He was basically telling people to stop whining and asking for free service - which is fair and true lol. People claiming it would be "free on espn" - that is stupid. You pay for a cable subscription to get espn, or you pay for one of their streaming service (all of which dont give wrestling anything close to what Flo, or even Track offer). If you're referencing other trash talk, you should say what exactly you mean and maybe others could give their thoughts on that. 

Flo as a whole doesnt do what it claims? I dont agree. Large amount of content. Constantly something to read or watch that is relevant to the sport day to day. Again, matter of opinion I suppose, but I just dont see where you're coming from there. 

Not a good thing for growing the sport? Lol. This is the only thing I'll straight up say you're wrong about. Go ahead and seek out any interview with a Division 1 college head coach (or even our senior level coaching staff) where they talk about Flo, or the media at large- it's either praise for what they do for the sport(Most coaches) or they slight the media as a whole (The minority- example: Cael)

Most of what you addressed is opinion based, and as others have pointed out- simply dont subscribe then. I like what Tobus Rex said "Vote with your money"

Yearlong lock-in + shoddy streaming + irritating personalities + historically bad customer service does not make for growth of the sport! Neither does all-male public-facing broadcasting staff.

iGranby, I'd like to see your point-by-point response to the post made by contributor ptz305.

Edited by jon

Interesting analog: 

1. The Chelsea / Man City Carabao Cup final stream crashed yesterday after 120 minutes of playing time during the Penalty kicks.  People were going crazy.  he entire bar tried to flash to their phones for video or twitter feeds. 
  2. The HBO finale of True Detective was on at 9:00 last night.  That channel only (on my Cablevision) was experiencing problems and unavailable.  

Computers and technology are a pita.  So are executive decisions (Heidi). 

50 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

Can't believe the excuses people come up with for Flo.

Fact - At least 50% of the time the feed crashes during college events (seems like 100% for big duals)

Fact - 100% of the team they blame it on factors out of their control (mainly the viewer)

Fact - ESPN produces events at the same campuses without issues.

Fact - Before Flo's contract with OSU, this meet was broadcast on TV. 

STOP GIVING THEM MONEY! 

2 minutes ago, jon said:

iGranby, I'd like to see your point-by-point response to the post made by contributor ptz305.

I wont make excuses because I dont work for them or anything. This is just my view, etc. 

"50% "- I watch Flo A lot. No way that my feed crashes half of the time. Both at work where my internet connection is great, or at home where it is average. I cant/wont say thats the case for everyone, but I've been on Flo since 2008ish, and been a subscriber since 2016ish(when I could finally squeeze it in the budget). I get crashes here and there, but it is definitely not 50% of the time. It's a very low number. Not sure what you've got going on and I'm sorry youre dealing with that, lol. 

"ESPN" - Yes. No doubt. Im willing to bet they have more people working events, equipment, etc. They've also been doing it a lot longer. Thats just kind of a fact. Not making excuses, just stating some common sense IMO. 

"Before Flo's contract" - I didnt know that, and I wont argue that because I do not know. Probably didn't know because I couldnt/never saw it on the guide or anything with my basic cable subscription in Ohio. Im not being smart, just pointing out that if I did have access to it, I did not know and did not watch it. Now I do have access. I knew about the dual, and I did watch it. All because of Flowrestling.

I'll continue my subscription until something better comes along. Do what you will with your money.

12 hours ago, sansbarksdale said:

Get a pad for your vajayjay.

21 minutes ago, jon said:

Yearlong lock-in + shoddy streaming + irritating personalities + historically bad customer service does not make for growth of the sport! Neither does all-male public-facing broadcasting staff.

Didnt see your edit. 

I dont like the yearlong lock-in either. Im in school, and there are times when I struggle financially and I wish I could cut out Flo for part of the year if I had to. 

Shoddy streaming- See some of my other posts. 

Irritating personalities- matter of opinion that I dont totally disagree with (a couple of the people annoy me here and there but I like them all most of the time) but, I also get very annoyed by people on ESPN, Track, GOhio, etc. Its not just at FLO. 

Bad customer service - never dealt with them, so I wont speak on that. I've not heard great things though, I admit. 

33 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

If you get it over a computer - why would you think it would work all the time. For all the expectations these electronic hellboxes still give us fits with their unreliability.

This comment is made so much funnier knowing that you're 100% serious.  Electronic hellboxes--genius.  

I can't believe there is so much hate for Flo. I love to troll on willie here because well, he is willie, but it has made the sport accessible. 

It says something that we have so much hate for flo on here, but rarely talk about track, intermat, or any other site. I would be willing to bet far more have a premium account for flo over track.

Since getting flo I know way more about what is going on in this sport. I have a formed opinion about most guys ranked in the top 10. When the Ncaa's come along I always know who a few guys on the mat are. That is not true in the past. Flo does an awful lot for the sport and for us fans. Could it be better? Absolutely. Does it seem to get better all the time? Absolutely