sansbarksdale

FLOwrestling is an absolute disgrace

17 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

And you'd be hard pressed to find someone who wants to watch the PIAA state finals and not want to watch the plethora of NCAA wrestling content Flo provides. Strategic marketing for product growth at its finest. The product being wrestling.

Hard pressed? You do realize that most parents, grandparents aunts and uncles that would go to watch their kid/relative at states or pay $15 to watch it on PCN don't care about NCAA wrestling and most likely won't pay $150 to flow to watch it now.

Edited by unbiased

27 minutes ago, ChristianPyles said:

Fact - You're lying at an incredibly high rate. 

Great response. Way to keep the conversation moving forward. When you can't offer any evidence to the contrary, simply call someone a liar.

Let me guess, you had a great response typed out that would have explained why I was wrong but there are internet issues on my end causing it to not come through? 

40 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Hard pressed? You do realize that most parents, grandparents aunts and uncles that would go to watch their kid/relative at states or pay $15 to watch it on PCN don't care about NCAA wrestling and most likely won't pay $150 to flow to watch it now.

Yes, but now non-finalists get to be seen, so MORE parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles get to watch their kids.

Can't believe the excuses people come up with for Flo.

Not a Fact - At least 50% of the time the feed crashes during college events (seems like 100% for big duals)

Not a Fact - 100% of the time they blame it on factors out of their control (mainly the viewer)

Fact - ESPN produces events at the same campuses without issues.  ESPN is a behemoth.  They are a billion dollar company known for boorish behavior and liberal ideology that we are FORCED to pay for with our cable subscription. 

Fact - Before Flo's contract with OSU, this meet was broadcast on TV.   And before that it was probably on radio and smoke signals.  Times change.  Flo did not BUY the rights as much as OSU SOLD the rights.   They could and would have sold to WIN, Track, ESPN, Fox, .....

STOP GIVING THEM MONEY!  - Personal choice.  I'm happy and will probably renew unless I can get that sweet Senior athlete deal.  I'm pushing 60 - Is that senior enough?   

This has clearly jumped the shark. I can't believe I am spending time defending a company that I send money to.  Are you suggesting every smaller outlet step out of the way and let ESPN broadcast whatever they want at No Cost to them or for a non-competitive bid in order that more people can watch?  In that case everything should be free and this ought to be part of the Green New Deal.  Or are you suggesting that smaller firms should bid the price being asked by the teams unless it is a really cool match and in that case step out of the way for no money?  I do not get it.  I have been watching 3 FLO feeds simultaneously across 4 screens, 3 computers, and my cell phone with really no issues. 

We are living in the golden age of wrestling.  Great teams, rivalries, personalities, etc. with the conference tournaments next week.  It's going to be sweet.  Without Flo we wouldn't be watching EWL, EIWA, B12, or B1G - these would all be behind a pay wall and sucked up by disparate providers (B1G+, Fox, ESPN+, etc.) and we would have to purchase all of them to get this aggregated content.   

I'm out. 

Edited by TFBJR

46 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

Great response. Way to keep the conversation moving forward. When you can't offer any evidence to the contrary, simply call someone a liar.

Let me guess, you had a great response typed out that would have explained why I was wrong but there are internet issues on my end causing it to not come through? 

These statements were definitely hyperbole and not fact, if not an outright lie:

Fact - At least 50% of the time the feed crashes during college events (seems like 100% for big duals)

Fact - 100% of the time they blame it on factors out of their control (mainly the viewer)

45 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

And when the feed cuts out you refresh and you're back. Not a big deal

Again, it's the customers fault. If only they weren't so dumb and lazy they could get the product they paid for. I love it. 

6 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

Again, it's the customers fault. If only they weren't so dumb and lazy they could get the product they paid for. I love it. 

No its not the customers fault. However there are work around that you can do.

I was on a phone call and my call got dropped. Normal response: call again. Your response: IM NEVER USING A CELL PHONE AGAIN

I was doing a video conference on Google Hangouts and the connection dropped. Normal response: Reconnect. Your response: BOYCOTT GOOGLE

My computer froze. Normal Response: Restart my computer. Your RESPONSE: BOOOOO NEVER USE A COMPUTER AGAIN

The fact that you're still so butt hurt over the PSU OSU dual is ridiculous, but hey that's your right.

But guess what, its our right to get over it and move on.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

1 minute ago, ptz305 said:

LOL

So if you're cell phone service is spotty and your calls get dropped, you're sticking with that company? 

#Sucker 

Its not spotty but everyone gets dropped calls once in a while.

Flo isnt perfect and their feed can have issues, but guess what? Its no where near as bad as you think it is. But again YOU DONT KNOW. YOU"RE NOT A SUBSCRIBER!

9 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

LOL

So if you're cell phone service is spotty and your calls get dropped, you're sticking with that company? 

#Sucker 

You don't like Flo so you don't subscribe. Cool. 

I find the content and streaming worth the money so I pay them. Cool. 

What is the problem? 

Talking about Flo shortcomings serves to identify targets for improvement. I don't understand why folks try to quash constructive discussion. [Cue the 'this discussion is not constructive' response!] Nobody wants to take away cherished content! 

2 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Yes, but now non-finalists get to be seen, so MORE parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles get to watch their kids.

I'm having a hard time believing that they would shell out $150 for three days of watching wrestling when they could probably got to Hershey and watch in person for close to the same amount.

3 minutes ago, unbiased said:

I'm having a hard time believing that they would shell out $150 for three days of watching wrestling when they could probably got to Hershey and watch in person for close to the same amount.

Not if theyre not local, but I will agree with you if you're opinion is that should offer monthly options as well.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

29 minutes ago, jon said:

Talking about Flo shortcomings serves to identify targets for improvement. 

Well then I am sure they are very thankful for your service. You certainly have not missed an opportunity to be critical.

Resurrecting an old thread, saying nothing of note, stirring the pot -- are you looking for attention?

Flo detractors don't argue that stuff should be free. Flo detractors don't argue that Flo should give, out of the blue, any- and all content to ESPN.

There's a long outcry of 'grow the sport'. There's a long backstory involving *college duals* and ESPN. You know there's a difference between these real-life interests and the non-thing that you mention but you feign ignorance, assert false equivalence.

Why mock Flo detractors?

Do better, man.

Edited by jon