Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Weird saying this, but Spencer Lee isn't even the best

I actually agree with Cinnabun's prognosis here.  Lee isn't the best on the team, based on results/metrics/stats.  Sure... he's the only one with a NC thus far, but...  Marinelli is wrestling lights out.  

2 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Ahh...PSU fan classiness.

They are all drolling to see Lee and Suriano fail but still ignore the Teasdales and under achieving Gulibon.

The difference here is that PSU fans dont repeatedly say Brands cant coach. They simply say Cael is a better coach. Iowa fans say Cael can't coach, he only recruits.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

4 minutes ago, Boompa said:

They are all drolling to see Lee and Suriano fail but still ignore the Teasdales and under achieving Gulibon.

Gulibon took tons of flack from PSU fans back when he was competing.  Teasdale never even put on a Penn State singlet and is now rumored to be returning to the Hawkeyes so not sure why PSU fans would be talking about him now?

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Gulibon took tons of flack from PSU fans back when he was competing.  Teasdale never even put on a Penn State singlet and is now rumored to be returning to the Hawkeyes so not sure why PSU fans would be talking about him now?

Iowa fans have been trashing Teasdale for the past year. Watch them flip the switch and suddenly love the guy if he goes back to Iowa.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

25 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Iowa fans have been trashing Teasdale for the past year. Watch them flip the switch and suddenly love the guy if he goes back to Iowa.

And PSU fans trashed Chance when he decided he didn't want to come to PSU anymore.  And PSU fans trashed Suriano when he left PSU.  It happens.

17 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

And PSU fans trashed Chance when he decided he didn't want to come to PSU anymore.  And PSU fans trashed Suriano when he left PSU.  It happens.

Not nearly to the same extent, which is the whole point. You will love Teasdale and eat all the negative things said about him if he decides to go to Iowa.

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

Not nearly to the same extent, which is the whole point. You will love Teasdale and eat all the negative things said about him if he decides to go to Iowa.

HAHA, classic PSU homer rebuttal.  "we do the same thing as you but not to the same extent so it makes it ok".

Come on man, if you are going to call Iowa fans out on it then you have to do the same to PSU fans.  Actually Teasdale is a perfect example.  The moment he switched from Iowa to PSU, all of the PSU fans were on board. And he has taken slack this whole time from PSU for not wrestling and now transferring. 

3 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

HAHA, classic PSU homer rebuttal.  "we do the same thing as you but not to the same extent so it makes it ok".

Come on man, if you are going to call Iowa fans out on it then you have to do the same to PSU fans.  Actually Teasdale is a perfect example.  The moment he switched from Iowa to PSU, all of the PSU fans were on board. And he has taken slack this whole time from PSU for not wrestling and now transferring. 

Furthermore, When Chance was having issues at OSU and Lock Haven you didnt see PSU fans trashing him. Most actually wished him well.

12 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

Please post links showing PSU fans getting on Teasdale.

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

Why do you think Gullibon under achieved?  Because he was a 4X PIAA champ?  I watched Jimmy through his entire HS career and every year his margins of victory got slimmer and he was less dominant, including two hard fought PIAA finals his junior and senior years.  

I think Jimmy was a heck of a college wrestler and achieved all he was capable of.  To be honest I think Cael and the staff did a great job getting everything out of Jimmy he had to give.  He was an AA.

47 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

and if that happens at either of those schools or any other school that makes them a bad fan. trashing someone because they leave your school isn't cool.

9 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Why do you think Gullibon under achieved?  Because he was a 4X PIAA champ?  I watched Jimmy through his entire HS career and every year his margins of victory got slimmer and he was less dominant, including two hard fought PIAA finals his junior and senior years.  

I think Jimmy was a heck of a college wrestler and achieved all he was capable of.  To be honest I think Cael and the staff did a great job getting everything out of Jimmy he had to give.  He was an AA.

Furthermore I dont recall EVER reading PSU fans ragg on Gulibon the way Iowa fans have ragged on their own guys like Wilcke or Bowman.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

3 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

The difference here is that PSU fans dont repeatedly say Brands cant coach. They simply say Cael is a better coach. Iowa fans say Cael can't coach, he only recruits.

There are plenty of PSU fans who say Brands can't coach. About as many as hawk fans that say Cael can't coach. It's an ignorant minority in both fan bases.

1 minute ago, qc8223 said:

There are plenty of PSU fans who say Brands can't coach. About as many as hawk fans that say Cael can't coach. It's an ignorant minority in both fan bases.

Really?  I've never heard ANY fanbase say that about the Brands.  Sure they say things like the Brands matside antics are out of line but I've never heard anyone question their coaching abilities.