Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Weird saying this, but Spencer Lee isn't even the best

Recommended Posts

I actually agree with Cinnabun's prognosis here.  Lee isn't the best on the team, based on results/metrics/stats.  Sure... he's the only one with a NC thus far, but...  Marinelli is wrestling lights out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Ahh...PSU fan classiness.

They are all drolling to see Lee and Suriano fail but still ignore the Teasdales and under achieving Gulibon.

The difference here is that PSU fans dont repeatedly say Brands cant coach. They simply say Cael is a better coach. Iowa fans say Cael can't coach, he only recruits.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Ahh...PSU fan classiness.

They are all drolling to see Lee and Suriano fail but still ignore the Teasdales and under achieving Gulibon.

Gulibon took tons of flack from PSU fans back when he was competing.  Teasdale never even put on a Penn State singlet and is now rumored to be returning to the Hawkeyes so not sure why PSU fans would be talking about him now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Gulibon took tons of flack from PSU fans back when he was competing.  Teasdale never even put on a Penn State singlet and is now rumored to be returning to the Hawkeyes so not sure why PSU fans would be talking about him now?

Iowa fans have been trashing Teasdale for the past year. Watch them flip the switch and suddenly love the guy if he goes back to Iowa.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Iowa fans have been trashing Teasdale for the past year. Watch them flip the switch and suddenly love the guy if he goes back to Iowa.

And PSU fans trashed Chance when he decided he didn't want to come to PSU anymore.  And PSU fans trashed Suriano when he left PSU.  It happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

And PSU fans trashed Chance when he decided he didn't want to come to PSU anymore.  And PSU fans trashed Suriano when he left PSU.  It happens.

Not nearly to the same extent, which is the whole point. You will love Teasdale and eat all the negative things said about him if he decides to go to Iowa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

Not nearly to the same extent, which is the whole point. You will love Teasdale and eat all the negative things said about him if he decides to go to Iowa.

HAHA, classic PSU homer rebuttal.  "we do the same thing as you but not to the same extent so it makes it ok".

Come on man, if you are going to call Iowa fans out on it then you have to do the same to PSU fans.  Actually Teasdale is a perfect example.  The moment he switched from Iowa to PSU, all of the PSU fans were on board. And he has taken slack this whole time from PSU for not wrestling and now transferring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

HAHA, classic PSU homer rebuttal.  "we do the same thing as you but not to the same extent so it makes it ok".

Come on man, if you are going to call Iowa fans out on it then you have to do the same to PSU fans.  Actually Teasdale is a perfect example.  The moment he switched from Iowa to PSU, all of the PSU fans were on board. And he has taken slack this whole time from PSU for not wrestling and now transferring. 

Furthermore, When Chance was having issues at OSU and Lock Haven you didnt see PSU fans trashing him. Most actually wished him well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

HAHA, classic PSU homer rebuttal.  "we do the same thing as you but not to the same extent so it makes it ok".

Come on man, if you are going to call Iowa fans out on it then you have to do the same to PSU fans.  Actually Teasdale is a perfect example.  The moment he switched from Iowa to PSU, all of the PSU fans were on board. And he has taken slack this whole time from PSU for not wrestling and now transferring. 

Please post links showing PSU fans getting on Teasdale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boompa said:

Ahh...PSU fan classiness.

They are all drolling to see Lee and Suriano fail but still ignore the Teasdales and under achieving Gulibon.

Why do you think Gullibon under achieved?  Because he was a 4X PIAA champ?  I watched Jimmy through his entire HS career and every year his margins of victory got slimmer and he was less dominant, including two hard fought PIAA finals his junior and senior years.  

I think Jimmy was a heck of a college wrestler and achieved all he was capable of.  To be honest I think Cael and the staff did a great job getting everything out of Jimmy he had to give.  He was an AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

And PSU fans trashed Chance when he decided he didn't want to come to PSU anymore.  And PSU fans trashed Suriano when he left PSU.  It happens.

and if that happens at either of those schools or any other school that makes them a bad fan. trashing someone because they leave your school isn't cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Why do you think Gullibon under achieved?  Because he was a 4X PIAA champ?  I watched Jimmy through his entire HS career and every year his margins of victory got slimmer and he was less dominant, including two hard fought PIAA finals his junior and senior years.  

I think Jimmy was a heck of a college wrestler and achieved all he was capable of.  To be honest I think Cael and the staff did a great job getting everything out of Jimmy he had to give.  He was an AA.

Furthermore I dont recall EVER reading PSU fans ragg on Gulibon the way Iowa fans have ragged on their own guys like Wilcke or Bowman.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

The difference here is that PSU fans dont repeatedly say Brands cant coach. They simply say Cael is a better coach. Iowa fans say Cael can't coach, he only recruits.

There are plenty of PSU fans who say Brands can't coach. About as many as hawk fans that say Cael can't coach. It's an ignorant minority in both fan bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, qc8223 said:

There are plenty of PSU fans who say Brands can't coach. About as many as hawk fans that say Cael can't coach. It's an ignorant minority in both fan bases.

Really?  I've never heard ANY fanbase say that about the Brands.  Sure they say things like the Brands matside antics are out of line but I've never heard anyone question their coaching abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×