149:  Jordan

157:  Nolf

165:  Marinelli

174:  Hall

184:  MyMar

197:  Nickal

HWT:  Steveson

Team:  PSU

OW:  Marinelli or Micic... the gauntlet that each of these guys has to run is infinitely more difficult than anyone else.  Winning either one of these weight classes is definitely deserving of the award termed "Outstanding Wrestler"

Hodge:  Nolf and Nickal split

In light of Picc handling Lee, I have no fear of hometown picking Picc at NCAAs!

125 Piccininni

133 Micic

141 Yianni

149 Mauller (his evisceration of Gfeller didn't escape my notice, plus Ashnault will choke)

157 Nolf

165 THE BULL!!! Marinelli in a mild upset over VJ

174 Zahid

184 Martin, and he might bonus his way through all 5 matches

197 Bo

HWT Steveson

I would say that should Nolf and Nickel both win their third, but Maranelli beat Joseph the logical OW would be the Hawkeye. Although if one of the other beats him by 5 team points earned, then him.  

5 minutes ago, RichB said:

I would say that should Nolf and Nickel both win their third, but Maranelli beat Joseph the logical OW would be the Hawkeye. Although if one of the other beats him by 5 team points earned, then him.  

Naw. Only way Marinelli wins OW if if he bonuses everybody. He'll be one of the 2 favorites, so he'll be expected to win against anybody but Cenzo. If he bonuses 4 guys and then dominates Cenzo on the order of 9-4 or something like that then MAYBE. I think Nolf or Bo may well pin/tech their way through the entire tourney, and either will be a 3 X NCAA champ. In fact, just give the Gorrarian and the OW to Bo and be done with it.

Edited by TobusRex

125 Spencer Lee

133 Tariq Wilson

141 Yianni

149 Lugo (long shot pick, but he is wrestling much better lately and weight seems wide open)

157 Nolf (Slam dunk)

165 Marinelli (Coin flip between him and Cenzo)

174 Hall

184 Mylers Martin

197 Nickal (best P4P wrestler in NCAA)

285 Gable Steveson

125- Sebastian Rivera over Spencer Lee

133- Daton Fix over Stevan Micic

141- Yianni Diakomihalis over Joey McKenna

149- Anthony Ashnault over Micah Jordan

157- Jason Nolf over Ryan Deakin

165- Vincenzo Joseph over Alex Marinelli

174- Zahid Valencia over Mark Hall

184- Myles Martin over Zack Zavatsky

197- Bo Nickal over Kollin Moore

285- Gable Steveson over Anthony Cassar

Tournament OW-Gabel Steveson

Hodge- Bo Nickal/Jason Nolf split

Edited by VAtoSC

125 Lee

133 Suriano (huge Micic fan, and I think he will contend with Steveson and Yianni for best seniors career)

141 Carr

149 Ashnault (and never trust a Jordan, whether you're betting or voting)

157 Nolf + OW

165 Marstellar (multiple upsets. Or he will finish 7th and Joseph will be a 3x'er)

174 Valencia

184 Martin (over Shak, 22-19 in the best match of all time)

197 Nickal + Hodge

285 Steveson in his closest match ever because his opponent will run more than any hvy has run since Tommy Rowlands building his abs and hitting ankle picks to flex on the fatties

1 hour ago, BSUBroncoDynasty said:

125 Spencer Lee

133 Tariq Wilson

141 Yianni

149 Lugo (long shot pick, but he is wrestling much better lately and weight seems wide open)

157 Nolf (Slam dunk)

165 Marinelli (Coin flip between him and Cenzo)

174 Hall

184 Mylers Martin

197 Nickal (best P4P wrestler in NCAA)

285 Gable Steveson

That's an audacious pick, but I'm kind of with you. I don't think there's a single guy he can't beat. He's got bracket buster written all over him. Could also go 0-2 lol.

125-Lee-His domination at NCAA's last year came right after his losing to NaTo at B1G's.  Hopefully he can peak again similar to last season.

133-Micic-This weight is C R A Z Y deep.  He is wrestling the best of the group right now, but this weight is 12 deep with guys that can beat him.

141-Yianni-Even without triceps, he is the clear favorite.

149-Ashnault-He is the most complete wrestler at the weight and Rutgers is due.

157-Young............Just kidding.  You could probably literally rip a leg right off of Nolf and he would still win before he bleeds out.

165-Joseph-Every part of me wants to pick Marinelli, but Joseph is money at NCAA's.

174-Valencia-He just needs one clean setup and then it forces Hall to open up(that is only if he avoids my upset special in Amine).

184-Martin-He may be as clear of a favorite as Nolf or Nickal.

197-Nickal-no comment necessary.

285-Dhesi-Still going with the guy from Canada ehhh.  Much like Lee, I am banking on him peaking for NCAA's.

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

I kinda hope Marstellar wins 165. then we can put a fake mustache on him and do some "Dorf On Wrestling" videos.

Man I totally forgot about Dorf. Thanks for the reminder of completely politically incorrect humor. 

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

4 out of 12 predictions are for unbeaten and 2 time defending NCAA champ Vincenzo Joseph. Ha ha.

There he is. I saw this and felt it was weird, but then was wondering how long it will take till youd make your inevitable comment. Marinelli has atleast wrestled and beat Wick this year.

3 minutes ago, Molsen said:

There he is. I saw this and felt it was weird, but then was wondering how long it will take till youd make your inevitable comment. Marinelli has atleast wrestled and beat Wick this year.

Hence, the obvious choice to win the weight class but also the OW! 

Edited by TBar1977

125: Picc

133: Micic

141: Yianni

149: Ashnault

157: Nolf

165: Cenzo (Eyes say Marinelli, but after picking against Cenzo the last two years, i wont again)

174: Valencia

184: Martin

197: Nickal

285: Steveson

Edited by Molsen

22 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

4 out of 12 predictions are for unbeaten and 2 time defending NCAA champ Vincenzo Joseph. Ha ha.

I have a feeling that even if Joseph wins again this year, going into next year's NCAAs he will still not be a unanimous favorite to be a 4xer

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I have a feeling that even if Joseph wins again this year, going into next year's NCAAs he will still not be a unanimous favorite to be a 4xer

Unless he comes out and Nolfs/Nickals the top guys, your probably right, but thats how it is at most weights. If you have close matches with the top guys, people will see you as beatable. See Heil 2 years ago. I'll give him a pass on last year since the rule change made him beatable.

Edited by Molsen