Jimmy Cinnabon

End of regular season: Make your NCAA champ picks

5 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Unless he comes out and Nolfs/Nickals the top guys, your probably right, but thats how it is at most weights. If you have close matches with the top guys, people will see you as beatable. See Heil 2 years ago. I'll give him a pass on last year since the rule change made him beatable.

What's nuts is he is 21-0 with 18 wins by bonus and yet people don't view him as dominant.  81% bonus rate.  Guess it has to be 90% to be dominant.

I guess the fact that he missed the dual vs Wick is almost being counted as a L.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

What's nuts is he is 21-0 with 18 wins by bonus and yet people don't view him as dominant.  81% bonus rate.  Guess it has to be 90% to be dominant.

I guess the fact that he missed the dual vs Wick is almost being counted as a L.

He is dominant. But not the nolf/nickal dominant you need to be to be considered unbeatable. Also Marinelli has similar stats with 2 wins over Wick, so thats why.

Edited by Molsen

24 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Unless he comes out and Nolfs/Nickals the top guys, your probably right, but thats how it is at most weights. If you have close matches with the top guys, people will see you as beatable. See Heil 2 years ago. I'll give him a pass on last year since the rule change made him beatable.

Well then people should see Marinelli as beatable also since he has 5 matches where he won by 3 points or less while Cenzo has 4 such matches. The only difference between their schedules is that Alex hit Wick 2x and Cenzo missed him due to not being able to go that night. 

No biggie. It will all get settled soon enough. 

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Well then people should see Marinelli as beatable also since he has 5 matches where he won by 3 points or less while Cenzo has 4 such matches. The only difference between their schedules is that Alex hit Wick 2x and Cenzo missed him due to quack quack  not being able to go quack quack that night. 

20 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Well then people should see Marinelli as beatable also since he has 5 matches where he won by 3 points or less while Cenzo has 4 such matches. The only difference between their schedules is that Alex hit Wick 2x and Cenzo missed him due to not being able to go that night. 

I dont think anyone has acted suprised Cenzo is being picked to win ;) people know Marinelli is beatable, just like Cenzo, they just happen to be picking Marinelli, who does have a win over Cenzo. It looks like a toss up. If Cenzo wins, and shows seperation the likes of nolf next year, he will get the same unanimous picks. As for Cenzo not being able to go, I'm sure he could have, he just wouldn't be 100%. If Iowa would follow that example, we probably would be seeing Lee or Stoll wrestling. 

Edited by Molsen

125: picc over seabass. Lee takes Olympic redshirt and goes back home to PSU

133: Fix. I thought it was gonna be Nick at beginning of year but he is just to basic on his feet. Compared to fix and the Michigan kid 

141: yanni. With healthy knees. Nobody is beating him. 

149: AA- unless the Rutgers curse hits him then I’m going Brady Berge

157: Action Jackson Jason Nolf. Panteleo really isn’t that close to nolf. 

165: VInchenzo the Italian Roy Nelson. Looks like he should lost but don’t know how he keeps winning Joseph. Yes the bull beat him last year but VJ controlled that whole match and lost it going when he didn’t need to and the bull took advantage of it. 

174: Mark (Cormier) Hall. He’s on a mission Lewis is looking good this year. I’m a big fan of Lewis but not this time. 

184: Miles that’s not my name but don’t forget about me Martin. He is killing everyone this year. He’s fun to watch. 

197: Bo please stop trying to help me up Nickal. Best chance to beat Bo is to literally not try to wrestle till last min of match. 

Hwt. Gable Chocolate Drop Cupid shuffle Stevenson. He will have close matches but he will not lose. Only person who will have a chance will be Daniel kerkfleet in a couple years. 

OW: If Bo do not bonus his way to a title it’s nolf. 

Hodge. Bo only because he weight class is weaker then 157. 

Team PSU. 

125 - Seabass

133 - Fix

141 - Yianni

149 - Ashnault

157 - Nolf 

165 - Joseph

174 - Hall

184 - MyMar

197 - Nickal

285 - Gable

I have chosen not to forget that Joseph was dominating Marinelli when he got careless and tried for a big move. I don't see him trying that again in the postseason unless he's losing and I don't think he will be.

Zahid doesn't seem to have the same fire as last year, I don't think wrestling freestyle did him any favors.

Fix is so, so slick. Micic's aggressiveness will be neutralized by Fix's speed.

I'd be more interested in getting everybody's thoughts on what are the biggest questions that will get answered at conference tournaments.

Edited by buckshot1969
Wanted to add something

125: picc over seabass. Lee takes Olympic redshirt and goes back home to PSU

133: Fix. I thought it was gonna be Nick at beginning of year but he is just to basic on his feet. Compared to fix and the Michigan kid 

141: yanni. With healthy knees. Nobody is beating him. 

149: AA- unless the Rutgers curse hits him then I’m going Brady Berge

157: Action Jackson Jason Nolf. Panteleo really isn’t that close to nolf. 

165: VInchenzo the Italian Roy Nelson. Looks like he should lost but don’t know how he keeps winning Joseph. Yes the bull beat him last year but VJ controlled that whole match and lost it going when he didn’t need to and the bull took advantage of it. 

174: Mark (Cormier) Hall. He’s on a mission Lewis is looking good this year. I’m a big fan of Lewis but not this time. 

184: Miles that’s not my name but don’t forget about me Martin. He is killing everyone this year. He’s fun to watch. 

197: Bo please stop trying to help me up Nickal. Best chance to beat Bo is to literally not try to wrestle till last min of match. 

Hwt. Gable Chocolate Drop Cupid shuffle Stevenson. He will have close matches but he will not lose. Only person who will have a chance will be Daniel kerkfleet in a couple years. 

OW: If Bo do not bonus his way to a title it’s nolf. 

Hodge. Bo only because he weight class is weaker then 157. 

Team PSU. 

I have nick lee 2nd at 141 

joe smith beating marinelli at 65 in qtrs 

big name that doesn’t place will be Kaid Brock 

125 - Lee 30% (preseason would have been 100%)

133 - Micic 30% (deep class in some time )

141 - Mckenna 30% (easily could be Lee, YD, Eierman)

149 - Ashnault 30% (rooting for jordan)

157 - Nolf 100%

165 - Marinelli 40% (rooting for the bull)

174 - Zahid 50%

184 - Martin 90% 

197 - Nickal 100% (could easily pin his way through)

HWT - Gable 90% (straight attitude. Can't be beat)

Psu, TOSU, Iowa, OSU

Edited by Scallywag

4 out of 12 predictions are for unbeaten and 2 time defending NCAA champ Vincenzo Joseph. Ha ha.

This year's Rodney Dangerfield "No Respect" award goes to .....97bf8227dbc17a733490466acc7918cf.gif 

Is the "Bull" this year's Destroyer of Worlds? Or will he be ground into Italian Sausage by a Piasono butcher? Stay tuned.

My vision .... The bull will come out heavy handed and clubbing. If Cenzo stays collected and Mr. Bull can't get to his legs in period 1, Cenzo will catch a charging bull with a double leg blast in a later period. Whoever gets first TD probably wins match.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Buckeyebison said:

125 - Riveria

133 - Micic

141 - Joey McKenna

149 - Micah Jordan

157 - Nolf

165 - Marinelli

174 - Zahid

184 - Myles Martin

197 - Kollin Moore

HWT - Stevenson

Team - by a stunner- tOSU!

What?  I gotta support my team!

•  

2 hours ago, portajohn said:

125 - Arujau (got to pick one dark horse)

133- Micic

141 - Yianni

149 - Ashnault

157 - Nolf

165 -  Cenzo

174 - Hall

184 - Martin

197 - Nickal

HWT - Stevenson

I've been on record all year that Stevenson has zero chance of winning!  Willing to take any sig or real money bets.

2 hours ago, ionel said:

I've been on record all year that Stevenson has zero chance of winning!  Willing to take any sig or real money bets.

He's a frosh so he's obviously  not a shoe in to win it.

Edited by portajohn