I probably haven't posted on here for 10+ years, so it's unfortunate to come back this way, but just wanted to let everyone know that longtime poster Denny passed away last week after a long battle with cancer.  I knew Denny since high school and he would often travel with my father and Mr. Larkin to many ASU events across the country.  He was a great guy and will be greatly missed. 

Denny and I had an 8 page private conversation going the past several years. Awesome guy. Loved his wife Dyann so much. Loved those Arizona High Deserts. Loved God. Loved the Midlands. "Oh those Midlands" he would say. Thought a lot of the guy at Penn State he called "The Professor".

RIP Former Midlands Champ. RIP Denny.  

Edited by TBar1977

I didn't know him personally, but Denny was a great poster here. Obviously a well credentialed wrestler, he was knowledgable and insightful. And someone who always behaved like a true gentleman here. I'll miss his sincere well wishes he'd post during holidays to all of his fellow posters - something that was unique to him. Oddly, I was just thinking of him last week  - I randomly used the term "dealio" and it made me think of him.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Denny and I had an 8 page private conversation going the past several years. Awesome guy. Loved his wife Dyann so much. Loved those Arizona High Deserts. Loved God. Loved the Midlands. "Oh those Midlands" he would say. Thought a lot of the guy at Penn State he called "The Professor". 

RIP Former Midlands Champ. RIP Denny.  

Well said TBar, and in case people don't know he was the ORIGINAL Midlands champ, winning the very first tournament.  We'll miss you dearly Denny.  

So sorry to hear this.  You sort of “get to know” someone on here over time, without thinking that life (& death) happens.  He was such a gentleman when he posted.  He loved Cael and Arizona wrestling.

He was the real dealio.  RIP

I knew Denny from the forum and then was lucky to meet him at the Athens (2004) Olympics along with his buddy from Australia.

Then found out that we both lived in Tucson.  He was the real dealio.

RIP