Jimmy Cinnabon

197er bumping up and displacing the HWT

8 hours ago, Zebra said:

While not at HWT and not a 2xAA but James English did something similar at PSU and in his only shot at the NCAA Championships he made the podium. It's a story that really epitomizes what this sport is about. 

Didnt this happen to Matt Mcutcheon too over at PSU as well or am i remembering incorrectly?  3x ncaa qualifier and rode the bench his senior year....I cant remember off the top of my head who took the spot.

Edited by JBluegill133

Kasper from Duke. The kid was like an average 74/84 pounder. He bumped up to HWT and AA’d twice I think. HWT has been a garbage weight class for a long time. Obviously there have always been some elite guys, but not much of a weight class. It looks to me like that is changing. I think we are going to see more Linebacker types of athletes than lineman going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JBluegill133 said:

Didnt this happen to Matt Mcutcheon too over at PSU as well or am i remembering incorrectly?  3x ncaa qualifier and rode the bench his senior year....I cant remember off the top of my head who took the spot.

You may be right and it might nave been Nevills. If so the irony would be the equivalent of O'Henry and Alanis Morissette having a baby. 

1 hour ago, JBluegill133 said:

Cassar/Rasheed bumped him off.  It was due to injury/desire to play baseball.  Although McCutch never AA'd

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Cassar/Rasheed bumped him off.  It was due to injury/desire to play baseball.  Although McCutch never AA'd

Ok, then my Irony comment is withdrawn.

However under internet rule #65,392 I reserve the right to reuse it again even in an inappropriate post or in a case of mere coincidence as opposed to actual irony.