Sign in to follow this  
Crash

You aren't a Real Fan Unless....

You are getting up at 3AM Thurs, Fri, Say and 1MA Sunday to watch real wrestling (Freestyle) from Bulgaria.  This Folkstyle age group garbage is meaningless....You are just rooting for a school you got drunk at for 4 years (or 1).  Might as well root for their soccer or synchronized swimming team.

Be a man.  Watch middle of the night Freestyle from across the globe for 4 nights in a row.

10 minutes ago, Crash said:

You are getting up at 3AM Thurs, Fri, Say and 1MA Sunday to watch real wrestling (Freestyle) from Bulgaria.  This Folkstyle age group garbage is meaningless....You are just rooting for a school you got drunk at for 4 years (or 1).  Might as well root for their soccer or synchronized swimming team.

Be a man.  Watch middle of the night Freestyle from across the globe for 4 nights in a row.

sgallan, is that you?

9 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Wrestling wishes it had the fan base and following soccer does...

I dont really watch soccer and I've been saying this for years to people who tell me we have the best following in the world. 

11 minutes ago, vsnej said:

...you have a match at night and you have that uneasy feeling that you will not make weight - then all of a sudden you wake up and realize that it was all a bad dream

This is my most common stress dream. I havent competed since 2012 lol. 

...unless every time you see a cement mixer on the street you think of Rob Rohn.

...unless you have no idea where you were when the space shuttle Challenger blew up, but know exactly where you were when Caldwell beat Metcalf for the national title.

...unless you give slow drivers a stalling call instead of the finger.

43 minutes ago, iGranby said:

This is my most common stress dream. I havent competed since 2012 lol. 

...likewise and I have not wrestled since high school decades ago

my son also has these re-occurring dreams and he has not wrestled since 2011 after never missing weight from midgets thru one year of D1

we have a good laugh talking about our "nightmares" then proceed to eat a hearty meal :-)

I agree with OP. I watch college wrestling, but at the end of the day it’s just amateur competition lacking representation from the best wrestling country in the world. It’s like NCAA distance track knowing the Kenyans are out there. 

The sad thing is most NCAA “fans” stop supporting their athletes the second they graduate and can start actually making money (see the attendance of final XX vs a college dual). 

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

I agree with OP. I watch college wrestling, but at the end of the day it’s just amateur competition lacking representation from the best wrestling country in the world. It’s like NCAA distance track knowing the Kenyans are out there. 

The sad thing is most NCAA “fans” stop supporting their athletes the second they graduate and can start actually making money (see the attendance of final XX vs a college dual). 

I don't follow college football because the NFL exists. I also refuse to go to concerts that are not Neil Diamond because all other singers are amateurs and not the best in the world.

1 hour ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Let's be serious, there is only one requirement to prove that you are a real wrestling fan: not be a hologram. 

I've got a large paper cutout of Redman, who rides shotgun in the car on the way to duals; is he a "Real Fan"?