Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNorth

Indiana's singlets?

He did get those candy striped pants going in 1971. On a side note, the squad is really on another level, mentally. People outside the team may not see any thing different, won lost numbers, but the kids are really getting after it. The test will be in the next 2-3 years. If they can sustain the effort with some higher quality kids coming in. 

Edited by southend

37 minutes ago, southend said:

He did get those candy striped pants going in 1971. On a side note, the squad is really on another level, mentally. People outside the team may not see any thing different, won lost numbers, but the kids are really getting after it. The test will be in the next 2-3 years. If they can sustain the effort with some higher quality kids coming in. 

I felt like as soon as Angel was hired this was going to be a new era for IU, and by the time his first class are seniors, they are going to be very competitive. Not expecting any conference or national titles, but upper half. Not only is he going to do a better job of keeping Indiana talent home, but he grew up on the border of Chicago and wrestled in Illinois a lot (his only HS loss was in Illinois) and I think he’ll be able to tap into some of that Illinois talent as well. 

Edited by Lurker

2 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Then need wrap around stripes so when they do fast moves on the mat they will look like Candy Canes and make opponents dizzy.

Willie, I think you're on to something. I'll take this back to the coach.

8 hours ago, scribe said:

They should have a picture of Bobby Knight on the back. 

I loved the story about how Knight tried yelling at Blubaugh for running on the indoor track during basketball practice when he was the coach at IU and Blubaugh pinned him to the wall and warned him to never challenge him like that again. Knight apparently never did.