ptz305

Is Flo Growing Wrestling?

2 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I can buy bad customer service, but the product is most definitely not bad.

Product comprises more than just content/catalog/library. It sounds silly but I do believe that for some fans, even diehards--for *some* diehards--Flobros boorish attitudes a big turn-off. Customer-service horror stories relevant too. Jaroslav's grating sarcasm here does Flo no favors.

1 minute ago, ptz305 said:

You said yourself that you sweat before big events waiting for the servers to crash. That's part of their product. 

There is a big difference between bad and not perfect. Flo is not perfect. There is no product that is perfect in this world and there never will be. 

Do I cuss like hell when their stream crashes? Yes. Would I pay the same exact money for a service that doesn't even broadcast live and instead just archives the matches? Also yes. 

A big part of the value for me is going back to watch the archived matches. If I had to choose between that and watching events live, I'd choose the archive every time.

Just now, jon said:

Product comprises more than just content/catalog/library. It sounds silly but I do believe that for some fans, even diehards--for *some* diehards--Flobros boorish attitudes a big turn-off. Customer-service horror stories relevant too. Jaroslav's grating sarcasm here does Flo no favors.

Just turn the sound off and put J on ignore (I think he's fine, personally). The actual wrestling they cover is well worth the subscription and then some. That's my main point. 

2 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

His selfesteem was dependent on watching PSU vs OSU live in 2017.

Flo's feed crashing crushed him and he still hasnt recovered.

It's funny, but this is true. After that event I did not renew my subscription and won't ever have one again. 

3 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Good riddance.

Holy smokes. Ease up, man. Why rebuke someone just for speaking out against Flo? Do you not want Flo to do better? Do you not think Flo has room to improve? Do you not think Flo has the capacity to improve? What's the point of saying 'good riddance' to one particular individual?

Edited by jon

Just now, jon said:

Holy smokes. Ease up, man. Why rebuke someone just for speaking out against Flo? Do you not want Flo to do better? Do you not think Flo has room to improve? Do you not think Flo has the will to improve? What's the point of saying 'good riddance' to one particular individual?

Yes I want Flo to improve and believe they have and will continue to do so in the future. Yes I think they have room to improve. This fellow here will never subscribe to flo again and doesn't want Flo to improve or get better. He wants Flo to disappear so to that I say good riddance.

2 minutes ago, jon said:

Holy smokes. Ease up, man. Why rebuke someone just for speaking out against Flo? Do you not want Flo to do better? Do you not think Flo has room to improve? Do you not think Flo has the capacity to improve? What's the point of saying 'good riddance' to one particular individual?

This has barely been a discussion to improve. More its been a discussion on the value of their existence and once again complaining about a paywall. 

34 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Yes I want Flo to improve and believe they have and will continue to do so in the future. Yes I think they have room to improve. This fellow here will never subscribe to flo again and doesn't want Flo to improve or get better. He wants Flo to disappear so to that I say good riddance.

Don't want Flo to disappear, just hate it they keep playing the good guy when things don't work. When you make a mistake, own it and do better. 

1 minute ago, ptz305 said:

Don't want Flo to disappear, just hate it they keep playing the good guy when things don't work. When you make a mistake, own it and do better. 

They did by providing refunds as well as the ability to watch the dual free later along with an apology. As for improving they have, but you wouldn't know since you're no long a subscriber.

Questions like these do not have easy answers.  As Jaroslav suggested, it is a counterfactual; what would've occurred had things been different?  Most research in the social sciences deal with counterfactuals, it is technical and rigorous and only rarely is it fanciful.  There certainly are statistical tools to deal with this sort of problem given that the data is available.  

Suppose the NFL realizes record profits while participation rates plummet (perhaps due to CTE/concussion concerns), would you consider that growth?  I think the NFL would and I'd tend to agree with them. 

All - what are the metrics to measure 'growing wrestling'.

Zebra - you said social media is more impactful. Would you like me to put our social media followers and impressions #'s up against the rest of the world?

ptz - what event on flo 'crashed'? where have you seen that conversation lately? there have been blips (certainly not to be excused, and certainly we try everything we can to prevent them), but when has there been an outright failure to watch a stream?

All - i'm not going to sit here and try to convince anyone (that already has their mind made up) that Flo does/doesn't grow the sport. But is Flo good for the sport? We do more content, present more characters, make stars, make wrestlers recognizable, do more analysis, rankings, breaking news, behind the scenes, stream more events, have more shows...in short, we provide more wrestling fuel and reach more human beings then anyone else in wrestling and it's not close.

i have no idea how anyone with a straight face could say their wrestling fix would be satiated if flo didn't exist and they were left with the 'other' sites who put in a fraction of effort, creativity, and/or character.

Grow wrestling? IDK. Good for wrestling? c'mon. 

11 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

All - what are the metrics to measure 'growing wrestling'.

Zebra - you said social media is more impactful. Would you like me to put our social media followers and impressions #'s up against the rest of the world?

ptz - what event on flo 'crashed'? where have you seen that conversation lately? there have been blips (certainly not to be excused, and certainly we try everything we can to prevent them), but when has there been an outright failure to watch a stream?

All - i'm not going to sit here and try to convince anyone (that already has their mind made up) that Flo does/doesn't grow the sport. But is Flo good for the sport? We do more content, present more characters, make stars, make wrestlers recognizable, do more analysis, rankings, breaking news, behind the scenes, stream more events, have more shows...in short, we provide more wrestling fuel and reach more human beings then anyone else in wrestling and it's not close.

i have no idea how anyone with a straight face could say their wrestling fix would be satiated if flo didn't exist and they were left with the 'other' sites who put in a fraction of effort, creativity, and/or character.

Grow wrestling? IDK. Good for wrestling? c'mon. 

Prett much this. Like I've said, i subscribe to flo. I like what they offer, and it is great for the fans of the sport. I just dont neccessarily believe its growing the sport, but I'm glad I have the access flo gives me. As nerd said, they can't  be growing the sport if theres no growth. Could flo be helping keep it where its at? Possible but no real way to prove. But what matters, what flo is actually there for, is the fans to conveniently have access to the sport, which they do very well.

3 hours ago, GockeS said:

I know this.

Without Flo I wouldn't see much wrestling.

The BiG network has shifted, as i feared it would... to mainly basketball.

You can still watch Big Ten wrestling through the Big Ten site with a small monthly subscription which can be easily terminated at the end of the season.  

You can argue or not agree with some viewpoints by some of Flo personality viewpoints but to suggest they haven’t been a huge part of growing the sport is just, well..dopey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jon said:

I have no issues with Jaroslav but I would agree with the rest of it.  I found the personalities on Flo annoying.  Maybe I'm just old.  Obviously a lot of people love it and can get their wrestling fix through it.  To each their own.  

i know i, and others on the team, can rub people the wrong way. each for their own reasons.
i know to some people i am not liked.
but the content is second to none. in both quality and quantity. no debating that. 

Only people debating that are people looking to get a rise out of you..keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

i know i, and others on the team, can rub people the wrong way. each for their own reasons.

i know to some people i am not liked.

but the content is second to none. in both quality and quantity. no debating that. 

If you're not pissing some people off, you are playing it too safe and will never achieve your potential:)....that goes for anything you do.

Edited by pennsyrules

6 hours ago, jon said:

Jesus. I don't know how I missed this comment, but you are the worst.