Lurker

Way too early WTT picks

I am tired of being held hostage by the corrupt IOC as the limit the weights in our sport while adding subjective leisure activities into Olympics. Therefore, I would be in favor of wrestling leaving the Olympics and just countinue with 2020 world championships with all weights. We could then go to full repacharge since we wouldn’t have to modify our results to meet IOC metrics on medal distribution. 

I am tired of being held hostage by the corrupt IOC as the limit the weights in our sport while adding subjective leisure activities into Olympics. Therefore, I would be in favor of wrestling leaving the Olympics and just countinue with 2020 world championships with all weights. We could then go to full repacharge since we wouldn’t have to modify our results to meet IOC metrics on medal distribution. 

Kill wrestling at the Olympics and you kill wrestling’s funding worldwide. We don’t receive government funding, but if you take the Olympics away from the sport (or vice versa), the funding goes away from most of our competitors. It’s not a rational or realistic solution to removing the IOC from the sport.

Well somehow we have to get more weight classes added, maybe 10 is to much at this point in time, but somehow we have to put pressure on the IOC and we get some concessions. Maybe after some negotiations we are able to move up from 6 weights to 7 or 8. I know that isn't ideal but it's better than what we have now. How this might be accomplished, I'm not sure, but I would tend to think that we use basically the same route we used to get wrestling reinstated. Now Idk who sits on the IOC, but I think if we could place a wrestler or someone who is a proponent to wrestling on the IOC board, ( or if we already have one, increase our number to two ), this may help us with our chances. The other thing we have to do, is to increase our domestic fan base. Right now we do have a bunch of great superstars in our sport, and we need to take advantage of that. So somehow USA wrestling needs to get some of our bigger events televised. If we can do that, I think we can turn the corner with the IOC. 

57 - Gilman

61 - Nashon

65 - JO but I’d bet the field over him or any other individual you want to pick. Zain is obviously right there but it absolutely wouldn’t shock me if Molinaro, Logan, or Yianni end up on top of the podium either. Throw Gross, Nashon (assuming he can’t make 57), Ashnault, etc in the mix and this weight is gonna be a complete meat grinder at the 2020 trials.

70 - Nolf over JG I guess. It’s a non-Olympic weight but I’d pick a number of the (bigger) guys listed above as my favorite if they moved up. 

74 - Dake if he drops, JB if he doesn’t. 

79 - Valencia (assuming Dake drops). The most overlooked matche(s) of the past 2 years was how relatively easily Zahid handled Ringer in straight matches at WTT last year. Combined score of 12-1 I think. 

86 - DT

92 - Cox. I think Bo’s transition to freestyle will take some time.

97 - Snyder 

125 - Gwiz