MSU158

Askren fight don’t open if you don’t want results

6 hours ago, nom said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailycaller.com/2019/03/03/ben-askren-robbie-lawler-ufc-235

see it while you can.  Arm falls, limp.  Announcers saying ‘he’s out’!  Ref right there.  Gets up close.  Calls the fight.  Can not blame the ref here.  He did his job.  That arm falling limp is a screaming signal that has to be acted on.  If he wasn’t out then Robbie is a gigantic idiot for letting his arm do that.  Has to blame himself.

he was out, that arm had zero muscle tension when it fell.... also that 2nd view disputes Robbies version that Askren arm was over his ear, clearly was not....  also an extremely weak attempt at saying that was a thumb up... looked like a relaxed semi open hand.  Possible that ref grabbing arm woke him up.   UFC throws ref under bus to save face for Dana White.   By his remarks, he certainly did not want Askren to win.    

14 hours ago, scribe said:

I hope Katie posts about 12 more times about what he thinks he saw Lawler do, and all the people he feels sorry for.

I’m sorry to have victimized you like that. 

Based on physique alone, Askren's accomplishments are remarkable.  He gives people like me hope!  

He is tough as hell.  He took serious, serious punishment left the octagon with the same  sh!t eating grin he had when he stepped in it 

17 hours ago, cornercoach said:

.... a guy i used to coach with would say to clowns like you---"go have sex with yourself"........... 

1) You wrote that MMA should be outlawed. 

2) I wrote that your sentiment is anti-American and anti-Free will.

3) You told me to go f myself.

Are you really this incapable of civil discourse?  my lord, you should be ashamed of yourself. people should be able to do whatever they want to do, as long as no innocent people are harmed. just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be illegal. espousing these bizarre, non data driven emotional pleas on a forum is lame. 

22 minutes ago, DrStrange said:

1) You wrote that MMA should be outlawed. 

2) I wrote that your sentiment is anti-American and anti-Free will.

3) You told me to go f myself.

Are you really this incapable of civil discourse?  my lord, you should be ashamed of yourself. people should be able to do whatever they want to do, as long as no innocent people are harmed. just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be illegal. espousing these bizarre, non data driven emotional pleas on a forum is lame. 

...i'm off to confession- sorry for the short response- pray for me..............

The only way another match would be somewhat fair to Askren is to start the fight where it was left off...with him in the exact position he was when it was stopped.  We will then see if Lawler can survive the choke and throw him. as he claims....lol.

Pretty sure everyone knows the answer.

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

It looked like Askren was getting it tighter and tighter.

Anyone with any doubts should watch that Gracie video analysis in the 1st half of the video.  Very technical reasoning showing how nearly impossible it would have been for Lawler to escape and how, even if Lawler’s chin was tucked, he was going night-night very quickly if he wasn’t already out when the ref stopped the fight. 

2 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Anyone with any doubts should watch that Gracie video analysis in the 1st half of the video.  Very technical reasoning showing how nearly impossible it would have been for Lawler to escape and how, even if Lawler’s chin was tucked, he was going night-night very quickly if he wasn’t already out when the ref stopped the fight. 

Okay, convincing argument in the video by experts.  Ben was the better man, and will probably do similar things to other UFC fighters but at what price?  He is going to eat too many shots for his own good with his less than perfect stand up before he is able to grab onto a lot of these guys.  Is the money really worth it to him at this point with his other ventures and potential (which may be diminishing by the fight)?

3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

They explained it (way better I might add) but the same way I explained it to some people I talked to. Using my few years of mma/bjj, and little knowledge of chokes, it looked  inevitable. Lawler might have "relaxed" to conserve energy, but he had no idea what was going to happen. The chin doesnt matter, if you can block off two specific small spots, one on each side of the neck, they are going to sleep. And like they said, it was too late at that point for him to defend.

Edited by Molsen

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:04 AM, TobusRex said:

Who said those guys were smart?

The institutions awarding them PHDs.  Wladimir is an adjunct professor who speaks 4 languages while Vitali is involved in politics and was the leader of the political party he belonged to(open to debate if political activity shows intelligence).    They clearly aren't dumb men and made a living getting punched in the face in addition to their other less profitable but perhaps more notable pursuits.  

On 3/3/2019 at 6:32 PM, tbert said:

he was out, that arm had zero muscle tension when it fell.... also that 2nd view disputes Robbies version that Askren arm was over his ear, clearly was not....  also an extremely weak attempt at saying that was a thumb up... looked like a relaxed semi open hand.  Possible that ref grabbing arm woke him up.   UFC throws ref under bus to save face for Dana White.   By his remarks, he certainly did not want Askren to win.    

Was rooting for Askren but clearly a thumbs up.

FB_IMG_1551870218897.jpg

2 minutes ago, Relentless125 said:

Was rooting for Askren but clearly a thumbs up.

FB_IMG_1551870218897.jpg

Yea I watched it again, may have been...still not too sure.. dont think ref could of seen it unless he was on his belly.... what this picture does also show is that the ear was not covered as robbie said.  Why did he give a thumbs up if he didnt hear 

2 minutes ago, tbert said:

Yea I watched it again, may have been...still not too sure.. dont think ref could of seen it unless he was on his belly.... what this picture does also show is that the ear was not covered as robbie said.  Why did he give a thumbs up if he didnt hear 

That was after the ref touched his arm.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:39 PM, Sublime607 said:

I get the mentality but I know people that fight MMA that played basketball in high school. They tell tell me that they wished that they wrestled instead it was a popularity thing back then. I think kids that might be considering MMA will take up wrestling because of the strong results from fighters with a wrestling background. I can’t seem to fault anyone for trying to make money for something they are good at. Unless you are #1 in wrestling there is not much cash to go around.

If it was going to happen, it would've by now.  People were saying 10 years ago MMA was going to get more kids out for wrestling, it hasn't and we still continue to lose kids every year.

Askren vs Masvidal July 6? The way Masvidal is talking about Ben's fight against Lawler makes me want to see Ben put Masvidal to sleep in under a minute.  Sorry, I know it's the college forum.