Sign in to follow this  
Mojo44

When are the Big 10 Brackets 2019 available?

43 minutes ago, jsn112 said:

Are you purposely trying to be annoying?  Although not in the Big 10, Marsteller was a harder out than a one-trick-pony Wick. 

Lol, if pinning people is a trick, a lot of guys would love to be tricky.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

So not wrestling in a dual meet against wick, a move trendy wrestling fans have grown fond of calling ducking, is the number one thing that pops out to consider in regards to Joesph’s resume?

Joseph would be better off being the #2 seed and avoiding Isaiah White. But missing one dual shouldn't cost the 2x returning national champ because he got sick over a weekend.

3 hours ago, jsn112 said:

Are you purposely trying to be annoying?  Although not in the Big 10, Marsteller was a harder out than a one-trick-pony Wick. 

Wick took White down 3 times in the 3rd period.  He just has to survive the 1st period.... if he can do that against Marinelli, he'll win.  

13 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

Joseph would be better off being the #2 seed and avoiding Isaiah White. But missing one dual shouldn't cost the 2x returning national champ because he got sick over a weekend.

All true.  I actually picked White to pull the upset in NCAA's last year.  That didn't work out obviously....

26 minutes ago, custom fitch said:

I don't get this at all, what's the logic behind it?

Look at the B10 record:

Carr undefeated (beat Moran)... but ducked Lee

McKenna only loss to Lee ... but ducked Carr

Lee lost to Moran ... no ducks

Obviously a pair of ducks would beat a pair of losses, but

a duck & no losses (Carr) beats a loss and no ducks (Lee), and

a loss & no ducks (Lee) beats a loss and a duck (McKenna)

Its the B10, ya gotta keep your ducks in order and know when to play em ... quack, quack, quack!

3-Ducks-System.jpg

Edited by ionel

2 hours ago, custom fitch said:

I don't get this at all, what's the logic behind it?

Carr is undefeated in Big Ten matches this year, although he didn’t face the two best guys (McKenna and Lee). At last year’s Big Ten tournament, Carr beat Lee but lost to McKenna.

Lee has one conference loss this year, to Moran. Lee also has a win over McKenna this year. Lee did not face Carr this year. Last year, Lee lost to both Carr and McKenna.

McKenna has one conference loss this year, to Lee. McKenna did not face Carr this year. McKenna beat both Carr and Lee last year.

Based on all that, it appears that this year’s conference record was the biggest factor, without regard to who faced who.

My intuition (without regard to settled criteria) is that the seeds should go 1) Lee, 2) McKenna, 3) Carr. 

Here’s why. Lee beat McKenna this year and has otherwise had a similar overall season.  

McKenna majored Carr last year and outplaced him at both Big Tens and NCAAs. 

I would place Carr at third. I would discount Carr’s Big Ten record this year because he didn’t face Lee or McKenna. Further, I would discount Carr’s win over Lee last year because he had the opportunity to wrestle Lee this year but was unable to. 

Edited by Katie

44 minutes ago, ionel said:

Look at the B10 record:

Carr undefeated (beat Moran)... but ducked Lee

McKenna only loss to Lee ... but ducked Carr

Lee lost to Moran ... no ducks

Obviously a pair of ducks would beat a pair of losses, but

a duck & no losses (Carr) beats a loss and no ducks (Lee), and

a loss & no ducks (Lee) beats a loss and a duck (McKenna)

Its the B10, ya gotta keep your ducks in order and know when to play em ... quack, quack, quack!

3-Ducks-System.jpg

37 minutes ago, Katie said:

Carr is undefeated in Big Ten matches this year, although he didn’t face the two best guys (McKenna and Lee). At last year’s Big Ten tournament, Carr beat Lee but lost to McKenna.

Lee has one conference loss this year, to Moran. Lee also has a win over McKenna this year. Lee did not face Carr this year. Last year, Lee lost to both Carr and McKenna.

McKenna has one conference loss this year, to Lee. McKenna did not face Carr this year. McKenna beat both Carr and Lee last year.

Based on all that, it appears that this year’s conference record was the biggest factor, without regard to who faced who.

Roger to both of you. Its just crazy, the extent of how ducks have infiltrated our sport.

DUCKS! (said like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds).

20 hours ago, jsn112 said:

Lizak had a lot of majors, techs and falls too...  So what's your point?

Oh, I don't know, Wick has a pretty strong argument to be considered a tougher out than Marsteller and the fact that Marsteller lost to Shields while both Marinelli and Joseph HANDLED Shields, doesn't exactly help your argument.  But, continue to feel free to bring an emaciated 125lber, turned 133 to use to deflect a cogent argument.............

20 hours ago, unbiased said:

Is there any chance that McKenna is seeded fourth at Nationals? Say Lee beats McKenna in the semis and Carr beats Lee in the finals.

Yes.  But Eierman's loss to Alber really hurts him.  In your scenario, I can't see Eierman (with a win over B1G Champ Carr) falling to 5th, but it could happen I suppose.

5 hours ago, VakAttack said:

So to be clear, Carr ducked Lee and McKenna ducked Carr, but Joseph did not duck Wick.  All that logic checks out. 

5 hours ago, VakAttack said:

So to be clear, Carr ducked Lee and McKenna ducked Carr, but Joseph did not duck Wick.  All that logic checks out. 

And Lee didn't duck Rivera either, right?

6 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Oh, I don't know, Wick has a pretty strong argument to be considered a tougher out than Marsteller and the fact that Marsteller lost to Shields while both Marinelli and Joseph HANDLED Shields, doesn't exactly help your argument.  But, continue to feel free to bring an emaciated 125lber, turned 133 to use to deflect a cogent argument.............

If you want to compare... Let's see: Marinelli beat Shield in a decision 4-1, while Josheph beat him in a major decision 11-2.  Not in the same universe, if you want to compare. 

BTW, Wick had Marinelli beat in the last match until in the middle of the 3rd quarter until backpack couldn't hang on anymore, eerily similar to his 133-lb cousin vs. Fix.  Just sayin...   

Edited by jsn112

1 hour ago, jsn112 said:

If you want to compare... Let's see: Marinelli beat Shield in a decision 4-1, while Josheph beat him in a major decision 11-2.  Not in the same universe, if you want to compare. 

BTW, Wick had Marinelli beat in the last match until in the middle of the 3rd quarter until backpack couldn't hang on anymore, eerily similar to his 133-lb cousin vs. Fix.  Just sayin...   

Welcome to wrestling. I’m not sure what you edited in that post but you should keep trying.

Edited by Mpchillin

On 3/4/2019 at 6:31 PM, KCMO2 said:

This is not nationals though.  Do you want to seed him based on his body of work, or do you want to accurately place him on the bracket?  I get what you're saying, but place him lower and you can screw up the bracket, for him and for others.

It is kind of bs that he is on the opposite side of Martin where as Parker isn’t. Rasheed has the best possible draw given that he skipped all the tough matches

On 3/4/2019 at 3:28 PM, Gantry said:

Rasheed at #2 with only two Big Ten matches all year is the biggest one that stands out to me.  Obviously he was hurt but he has no resume this year to justify that high of a seed, even against non Big Ten guys.  And last year he wasn't at this weight so he has no resume there either.  He's gotta go down. 

On 3/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, KCMO2 said:

This is not nationals though.  Do you want to seed him based on his body of work, or do you want to accurately place him on the bracket?  I get what you're saying, but place him lower and you can screw up the bracket, for him and for others.

I want everybody seeded based on their body of work THIS YEAR! That is what it is for in high school, pros, should be in college. If you dont wrestle, you dont get seeded.