treep2000

Transferapalooza Predictions - 19/20 Season

So... The Teasdale situation got me thinkin'... which guys are gonna transfer, and find new homes (and which homes)?   Also, might as well include weight classes shifts.  Those are fun too.

125 - Teasdale, to Iowa?

133 - 

141 - Desanto, from 133?

149 - Hayes, from 157

157 - Everyone who ran away from Nolf?

165 - 

174 - A. Valencia, from purgatory

184 - Everyone who ran away from MyMar?  Zahid goes 184 his senior year.

197 - Calling it... Singletary, Chase that is... Conel, to PSU

HWT - Calling it... Kollin of Moore!

Edited by treep2000

2 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

So... The Teasdale situation got me thinkin'... which guys are gonna transfer, and find new homes (and which homes)?   Also, might as well include weight classes shifts.  Those are fun too.

125 - Teasdale, to Iowa?

133 - 

141 - Desanto, from 133?

149 - Hayes, from 157

165 - 

This would be completely bizarre. Moore goes from a heavy favorite to an afterthought immediately. He also isn't a huge 197. He stated earlier this year that he should have wrestled 92 kg this summer, but didnt' want to cut any weight. I also don't think Desanto comes up to 141 as that hurts Iowa's lineup (even if Teasdale transfers in, I don't think he'd score more at 133 than Renteria or Murin at 141). The Valencia move definitely makes sense. Can't see Zahid keeping his brother out of the lineup.

4 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

This would be completely bizarre. Moore goes from a heavy favorite to an afterthought immediately. He also isn't a huge 197. He stated earlier this year that he should have wrestled 92 kg this summer, but didnt' want to cut any weight. I also don't think Desanto comes up to 141 as that hurts Iowa's lineup (even if Teasdale transfers in, I don't think he'd score more at 133 than Renteria or Murin at 141). The Valencia move definitely makes sense. Can't see Zahid keeping his brother out of the lineup.

Yeah...  I was being a little "dumb", just trying to evoke a response and discussion.  It wouldn't make ANY sense for Moore to go anything but 197, plus, Kerkvliet is gonna take Heavyweight immediately from Singletary, pinning him in 0:49 like he did everyone over the weekend.  Teasdale and Lee are supposed to be BFF's, so that makes sense to me... 

Moore to heavyweight doesn't make any sense from an individual or team perspective--I get that you're just tossing around ideas though.  Could see a couple of guys at Ohio State pop up in the transfer portal, but I tend to think that happens 2 years from now rather than this summer. 

I've got a feeling Michigan will bring in an impact transfer and try to make a run at winning it next year.  

21 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

J'den Cox wrestled 86 kg with day before weigh-ins and 92 kg with current rules and he was a big 97 lber. The original thought was that he was going to wrestle Hwt out of high school. Moore certainly wouldn't be a big Hwt, but he is pretty dang solid at 197. But he wont move up, either.

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

125 - Teasdale, to Iowa?

133 - 

141 - Desanto, from 133?

149 - Hayes, from 157

165 - 

Brands, t1 to Cal Poly

Brands, t2 to VMI

Carl to California Baptist ... but the team will first spend two years focusing on the new quest before starting competition in 2021, it's gonna be fun!

2 hours ago, BobDole said:

Shawn Streck will be at Oklahoma State next year as a heavyweight.

That's a nice pick up wrestling-wise. He was solid for Purdue last year as a freshman. However, the character issues make him a risk. I believe he was kicked off Purdue's team for threatening his girlfriend with a gun.

16 minutes ago, RichB said:

Maybe Teasdale needs   to stay close to home, WVU or Pitt, or go to a school that has a lot of success with kids who don't fit in on huge campuses, LHU

I have always thought that a move away from the bad influences in your life and starting somewhere fresh is a better idea than staying close to home where those influences reside.  Chance marstellar is a good example of this and a perfect contradiction at the same time.  

Who else besides Chance has Lock Haven taken a chance on?  Honest question, not being a dick.

43 minutes ago, RichB said:

Maybe Teasdale needs   to stay close to home, WVU or Pitt, or go to a school that has a lot of success with kids who don't fit in on huge campuses, LHU

23 minutes ago, rcoates1 said:

I have always thought that a move away from the bad influences in your life and starting somewhere fresh is a better idea than staying close to home where those influences reside.  Chance marstellar is a good example of this and a perfect contradiction at the same time.  

Who else besides Chance has Lock Haven taken a chance on?  Honest question, not being a dick.

I think Campbell is the best fit for Teasdale.  He can be a star there and work exclusively  with Kolat.  Iowa seems like a terrible move.  They don't need him.

Edited by portajohn

36 minutes ago, rcoates1 said:

Kolat and Billman also had problems at PSU

1 hour ago, scribe said:

No reason to think jj Chavez doesn’t end up somewhere at 174 for his final year of eligibility. 

Wherever the best greco training will be. 

1 hour ago, scribe said:

No reason to think jj Chavez doesn’t end up somewhere at 174 for his final year of eligibility. 

I was always under the impression that folkstyle was an afterthought and not a priority for him given his Greco chops. Is he going to graduate this year and maybe go for a grad degree for his final year of eligibility? Otherwise, it’s hard to see him forgo a Cornell degree with just one year left so he can wrestle a style he may not care much about. He’s already an AA, so he definitely got something out of his time at Cornell. 

12 hours ago, scribe said:

Perhaps... or could focus 100% on greco for 2020. I have to think that making an Olympic team would be a bigger draw than trying to be a 2x AA.

I get the feeling that he is not incredibly motivated to wrestle any more folk style.  I think he would have been out there this year if he was.  Not even sure how compelled he is to wrestle greco.  Actually not so sure he is compelled to wrestle.  HEW?

14 hours ago, qc8223 said:

That's a nice pick up wrestling-wise. He was solid for Purdue last year as a freshman. However, the character issues make him a risk. I believe he was kicked off Purdue's team for threatening his girlfriend with a gun.

All charges were dropped, so nothing is on his record.

17 hours ago, qc8223 said:

So going somewhere with a mascot named Pistol Pete is a natural fit.