treep2000

Transferapalooza Predictions - 19/20 Season

4 hours ago, BobDole said:

All charges were dropped, so nothing is on his record.

I don't know what happened or anything about anyone involved but just because the charges were dropped that doesn't mean that it didn't happen or the whole story could have be fabricated.

36 minutes ago, unbiased said:

I don't know what happened or anything about anyone involved but just because the charges were dropped that doesn't mean that it didn't happen or the whole story could have be fabricated.

I found the article I saw here: https://www.purdueexponent.org/campus/article_566f70bc-d3d6-11e8-94df-ffe9ffc3bb22.html

He apparently admitted to police that he sent her a threat over text holding a gun. Not sure how he got those charges dropped.

Key quote for those who don't want to read it: 

Threatening text messages were sent by Streck over the coming days. In one photo, he was holding a gun, and reportedly threatening to "come after her if she did not continue to have a sexual relationship with him," according to court documents.

20 hours ago, qc8223 said:

That's a nice pick up wrestling-wise. He was solid for Purdue last year as a freshman. However, the character issues make him a risk. I believe he was kicked off Purdue's team for threatening his girlfriend with a gun.

Cowboy? Six shooter

Wisconsin has Moran at 141 and McD, so would seem like a pretty good training situation for Gross.  They also have 5 guys who are seeded in the top 6 at Big Tens returning next year.  If you add Gross, doesn't seem crazy to think they could be a top 8 program next year.

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Is Gross officially transferring?

No. He is in the transfer portal, which means other coaches can contact him. It also means SDSU can change his scholarship and not leave room for him on the roster. 

Effectively, when a guy like Gross does this, the assumption is he knows where he is going or at least has it narrowed down. He wouldn’t just do it without planning to leave. 

45 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Gross to UW.

They would have a really solid team if so, especially if Brown is back at 125. Dual wise they wouldn’t have more than 1 or 2 holes. For NCAAs it’s hard to tell, but with Gross and Wick, they would just need 2 other AAs to be top 6. If Wick and Gross both make the finals, they will score a ton of points 

Gross and former teammate and Missouri native Connor Brown to Mizzou?  Improves the Tigers at both weights, and with what they return puts them on the podium.

Edited by KCMO2

10 minutes ago, buf87 said:

Could Brown transfer again?  Just went from SDSU to Wisconsin & now not at Wisconsin 

Ok that's right, there's been some discussion on the board about that before.  I don't think a definitive answer was ever agreed upon.

10 hours ago, unbiased said:

I know both people involved in the situation personally. The story was fabricated and he did not admit to sending anything. The charges were dropped and the person in the situation admitted there was no gun involved and has said nothing but good things about Shawn since the situation. Good kid, tough situation 

Edited by Corralez19