ConnorsDad

Gross transferring & SDSU Issues

Gross' girl friend Ronna Heaton has an apartment in Madison and is formally training at Wisconsin's BRTC, if I am not mistaken. I also see that Bono was in her corner at the recent women's nationals. Hhhmmmm.

On 3/5/2019 at 7:30 PM, Pinnum said:

This would be his second D1 to D1 transfer, right?

So he will lose a year of eligibility and have to sit. 

That's not an automatic thing though, if the coach signs a waiver. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

2 hours ago, npope said:

Gross' girl friend Ronna Heaton has an apartment in Madison and is formally training at Wisconsin's BRTC, if I am not mistaken. I also see that Bono was in her corner at the recent women's nationals. Hhhmmmm.

LOL, that cracks me up! So Gross is dating a female wrestler? Awesome! I wonder if part of the appeal (for her) is getting him to teach her stuff? Would be fun to watch her and see if she wrestles just like Seth :D

1 minute ago, TobusRex said:

That's not an automatic thing though, if the coach signs a waiver. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Would his previous stop at Iowa cause any sort of effect from the rules, too?

Also as a Graduate Student(which he would be) transfer rules don't apply do they? So all a moot point, as it were?

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Would his previous stop at Iowa cause any sort of effect from the rules, too?

Also as a Graduate Student(which he would be) transfer rules don't apply do they? So all a moot point, as it were?

SHOULD BE a moot point if he's a grad student, I'd reckon.

SHOULD BE a moot point if he's a grad student, I'd reckon.

The way I understand it is SDSU can block him from going somewhere if he decides to transfer schools for grad school if what he is going for is offered at SDSU. Example is if he wants to go to Business Grad school at Wisconsin and it’s offered at SDSU. SDSU could prevent him from going there.

Not sure what he plans to go for and if someone has a better way to explain it I’d be interested to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, TobusRex said:

LOL, that cracks me up! So Gross is dating a female wrestler? Awesome! I wonder if part of the appeal (for her) is getting him to teach her stuff? Would be fun to watch her and see if she wrestles just like Seth :D

Nothing wrong with dating a female wrestler at all. 

On 3/5/2019 at 7:17 PM, 4awrestler said:

Wait till Hahn gets his recruits in and going before making any judgement on what the program is today. As for Gross transferring I’d hope there would be some loyalty to SDSU as they stick their necks out to give Seth another shot. But if not good luck to him. I for one am very excited about what Hahn is building and how he’s building it vs the last Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just from a national marketing perspective Seth Gross is much better with his BS from SDSU and his masters from Wisconsin.  Whatever academic field SG is trying to achieve a degree in a degree from Wisconsin is much more recognizable than SDSU.  

8 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

Nothing wrong with dating a female wrestler at all. 

I don't have any problem with it. Tough girlfriends are a blast anyway. I once had a girlfriend who smashed a  beer stein against a guy's head in a barfight. No, I wasn't the guy.

6 hours ago, TobusRex said:

I don't have any problem with it. Tough girlfriends are a blast anyway. I once had a girlfriend who smashed a  beer stein against a guy's head in a barfight. No, I wasn't the guy.

They are, mine is a wrestler too. Some guy at a nightclub tried to grope her and she split his nose open with a really hard elbow.  If some drunk girl tried her that would probably turn out much worse.  

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, TobusRex said:

Automatic.

You're only permitted one D1 to D1 transfer.  The second time you go D1 to D1 it is an automatic loss, unless you're doing so as a graduate transfer.  The graduate transfer is the only way to do it.

4 minutes ago, Pinnum said:

Automatic.

You're only permitted one D1 to D1 transfer.  The second time you go D1 to D1 it is an automatic loss, unless you're doing so as a graduate transfer.  The graduate transfer is the only way to do it.

Thanks for the correction.

1 hour ago, Pinnum said:

Automatic.

The gross issues seem like a lifetime ago which is why I think people forget this. He really has grown up. I respect him a lot

I wish Damion waited another year. He would have been the top candidate for Maryland and that would of been a good fit..A much better job in the Mid Atlantic Region. Bono is a great coach and got it done in the middle of nowhere..It will be a long time before South Dakota has a good Wrestling team again.

Well, it would make sense to me to see Seth following his coach to Wisconsin. And if his girl already has an apartment there, I would say that it's probably a pretty safe bet that Seth is going to Wisconsin. And with Seth in the lineup next year it could bode very well for the Badgers. They will have Moran, Martin, Reinhart, both Wick brothers, and Hillger, add Seth to the line up, and you get the sense that the Badgers could score some points at the Big Dance next year. 

6 hours ago, de4856 said:

Well, it would make sense to me to see Seth following his coach to Wisconsin. And if his girl already has an apartment there, I would say that it's probably a pretty safe bet that Seth is going to Wisconsin. And with Seth in the lineup next year it could bode very well for the Badgers. They will have Moran, Martin, Reinhart, both Wick brothers, and Hillger, add Seth to the line up, and you get the sense that the Badgers could score some points at the Big Dance next year. 

Unfortunately, Reinhart is gone and and Zander Wick has yet to find his way back to the mats since his reoccurring injuries - may never see him in a Badger singlet again. But they do have grad-transfer John Sebastian (from Northwestern). So, still some potential for the Badgers, but not as wonderful as it could have been (assuming that Gross indeed shows up in red).